Ooltewah Football

fargen01

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time... Ooltewah is only playing 9 games this year... I think the first game is August 24th against Whites Creek maybe.....

I understand we are only playing 9 games, what I would like to know is when they are. The games posted in the schedules so far are:

Aug 24 Whites Creek

Sep 7 @ McMinn

Sep 21 @ Blount (This was in the Blount Forum not on the published schedule)

Sep 28 Maplewood

Oct 5 Bradley Central

Oct 12 Heritage

Nov 2 @ Soddy Daisey

When are the Farragut and Oak Ridge games and then we will have the full 9 game scheudle

and to "Fridaynightlights"...

Watch what exactly you say about the QB position at Ooltewah, no transfer comes to a school as a sophomore and starts unless he is, in fact, a superstar. Sounds like you're talking about your own son when you talk about that Brady Reed kid? It's a competition, that position is. Keep that in mind. Coach Benny Monroe will put the best players on the field. Look at his past teams, and you will see that.

No, Brady is not my son, but i am an aquintance of his family. No doubt that he will have to work hard and beat out who they have their, It is just my opinion that he will be the best of what they have. Competition is a great thing to have at Ooltewah. There is alot of schools that wish they had the problem Ooltewah has at the QB position.

just out of curiousty, why have they never played in a jamboree? that seems unusual, surely they have at one time or another.

The last jamboree the Owls played in was against Bradley @ Bradley back in 01 or 02: I was there.That was back when Bradley was a juggernaut with the Michigan Helmets which they need to bring back! But lately, there is too much injury risk in a jamboree game which is only one quarter and a kind of waste of time playing a team that is a classification lower than you.

First of all,no big deal,but bradley central hasnt been ajuggernaut in football in about 15 yrs or longer. Now they might have had a year where they had good teams,but nothing near juggernaut. ANYWAY did you or any other owl fans go and watch the skills game at finley,between red bank? If you did wadda think good or bad,pros or cons and does anyone heard anything about those national power high school teams (hoover,byrnes etc..,) wanting play tn teams,to fill their schedules w/ quality teams.(does any body think chattanooga could compete?)