Smyrna 2007

january25

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826435525[/snapback]Enlighten us on who seems to be slackin.

Having to step-up and "slackin" are two different things. Coach Shad does not allow players to "slack". He does, however, motivate players to step-up.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athlon @ Apr 24 2007 - 09:58 PM) 826444572[/snapback]i dont believe so.

Thanks. Now the biggest question folks from ALL over the state will be wondering is will Sonny actually play football this fall or has some baseball Coach convinced him not to.

For me I really want to see Sonny play football this season. Kid is fun to watch play.

Sunshine will be out there on the football field this fall, I would take that to the bank. He's such a great player and quality teammate................Do you really think he and Rod don't want to go out with a bang together??

With that said, they are going to miss some key contributors to that championship team. I thought Josh Crouch was the unsung hero of that team last year, how Josh went, the team went. When he lost his cool, they lost, when he made plays, they won. He was a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Add in losing that one-two punch of Maceo and Antoine, and you suddenly have some huge holes to fill. Sonny and Rod are gonna be marked men this fall, let's see if they can be made men because this year is really all on those two and J-Day to lead by example. A guy like Will Martin is going to have to step it up big-time for them to repeat.

QUOTE(McNine4MVP @ Apr 25 2007 - 03:31 PM) 826445216[/snapback]Sunshine will be out there on the football field this fall, I would take that to the bank. He's such a great player and quality teammate................Do you really think he and Rod don't want to go out with a bang together??

With that said, they are going to miss some key contributors to that championship team. I thought Josh Crouch was the unsung hero of that team last year, how Josh went, the team went. When he lost his cool, they lost, when he made plays, they won. He was a difference maker on both sides of the ball. Add in losing that one-two punch of Maceo and Antoine, and you suddenly have some huge holes to fill. Sonny and Rod are gonna be marked men this fall, let's see if they can be made men because this year is really all on those two and J-Day to lead by example. A guy like Will Martin is going to have to step it up big-time for them to repeat.

Totally agree with you.

Will Martin has got some good athleticism and very versatile. WR speed and hands, LB strengh, hard hitting like a safety. He can be used in so many ways.

Smyrna's got some big bruisers at RB though. Jarvis Hicks and Brandon Hendricks can wear down any d-line in the state. Add in David Sanders for alittle razzle dazzle as a scat back.