Soccer Lawsuit in Williamson Co

mjuhb

soccerfan034 are you the boy that got hurt??? If so I am so sorry for all you've gone thru. Sounds like you are well healed and back playing soccer.

Being an impartial observer at the game, as were several other parents and players I feel I can be objective. The play in question was as previously posted, a 50/50 ball that ended in a collision. Both were hurt, the Indy player just got the worse end of it. The page boy had a huge knot on his forehead. If he had hit the Indy player with his fist to do that kind of damage, it would have broken his hand. The ref was right there facing the play. He saw no need to call a foul. Play ended when the ball went out of bound for a throw in. It was just an unfortunate accident. So WHY is this in the court system?? Even some of the Indy players and parents say there was no foul.

Apparently the investigator for the charges only talked to the people the Indy parents gave them. I have a friend that knows the refs and they were never contacted. If they had been, this would have never gone anywhere. Since the grand jury only gets to hear one side on the incident from the DA we can't blame them. But shame on the DA and whoever ever gave her biased info.

Did you see the channel 4 news report about the lawsuit with the county?? Their lawyer said that the family didn't want anything to happen to the the Page student - they had him arrested. They said they only wanted to get their medical bills paid - The last lawsuit they filed, they got $72000 and the medical bills were $680. This was for an injury of another child. Yeah that's that's all they want - right. It looks like this is how they make aliving.

I know many parents that have paid lots of medical bills for shattered jaw, broken legs, arms, hands, the list goes on and on. Never once did any of them even ponder a lawsuit. Sure you're upset, but you have insurance for just this reason. You get your child taken care of and healed and go back to the game, because they love the game.

If any one has to play this team, I would try to get it cancelled. Go play someone else. Otherwise I would have an official video of the game, with more that one camera. Don't want to miss anything.

I do feel sorry for both of these young men. Indy for his injuries and all he's gone thru and for the lessons his parents are teaching him. Page for all he's endured in the court system and for having what I hear is a fine reputation, drug thru the mud. I hope you can both heal and move on.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soccerfan034 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826426227[/snapback]I see your point about having things in court. I actually was at the game and I witnessed first hand the fist marks on the players face. The grand jury had enough physical evidence to indict the page player and and if the school sysyem would have poid the hazard insurance this probably wouldn't have had to go to court. How many other players have to get hurt before someone makes a stand, I myself would have done the same thing in the same position as this family The page player got 18 months probation yes I said he made a plee deal. you don't do that unless you are guilty.

I understand about angles and all that. I was in a position where I sas the hit, I see it evertime I close my evesi Did you know Through the tennessean the this same player from page started other fist fights after this insicent. How much is enough??

I watched a game tongiht that 2 players went for a header andcollided. That to me is a soccer injury. a fist to the face and not a blind ball is what happened.

I love the game of soccer, I envie those who can play it with class. Players like the one from Page give the sport a bad name as well as the families trying to do the right thing.

With the plea deal, its possible he took so he wouldnt have to mess with the charge. He would have to pay a lawyer, miss collage for court, and possibly be convicted and sentanced to a harsher penalty then probation. Unfortunately by admitting an assault occurred when he pled guilty, he probably just hurt himself if he intends to fight the civil litigation. I wasnt there so I wont say anything about the crime, I do think however that if it was a player with less of an agressive history that this would have gotten nowhere.

QUOTE(sportzchik @ Apr 1 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826427740[/snapback]soccerfan034 are you the boy that got hurt??? If so I am so sorry for all you've gone thru. Sounds like you are well healed and back playing soccer.

Being an impartial observer at the game, as were several other parents and players I feel I can be objective. The play in question was as previously posted, a 50/50 ball that ended in a collision. Both were hurt, the Indy player just got the worse end of it. The page boy had a huge knot on his forehead. If he had hit the Indy player with his fist to do that kind of damage, it would have broken his hand. The ref was right there facing the play. He saw no need to call a foul. Play ended when the ball went out of bound for a throw in. It was just an unfortunate accident. So WHY is this in the court system?? Even some of the Indy players and parents say there was no foul.

Apparently the investigator for the charges only talked to the people the Indy parents gave them. I have a friend that knows the refs and they were never contacted. If they had been, this would have never gone anywhere. Since the grand jury only gets to hear one side on the incident from the DA we can't blame them. But shame on the DA and whoever ever gave her biased info.

Did you see the channel 4 news report about the lawsuit with the county?? Their lawyer said that the family didn't want anything to happen to the the Page student - they had him arrested. They said they only wanted to get their medical bills paid - The last lawsuit they filed, they got $72000 and the medical bills were $680. This was for an injury of another child. Yeah that's that's all they want - right. It looks like this is how they make aliving.

I know many parents that have paid lots of medical bills for shattered jaw, broken legs, arms, hands, the list goes on and on. Never once did any of them even ponder a lawsuit. Sure you're upset, but you have insurance for just this reason. You get your child taken care of and healed and go back to the game, because they love the game.

If any one has to play this team, I would try to get it cancelled. Go play someone else. Otherwise I would have an official video of the game, with more that one camera. Don't want to miss anything.

I do feel sorry for both of these young men. Indy for his injuries and all he's gone thru and for the lessons his parents are teaching him. Page for all he's endured in the court system and for having what I hear is a fine reputation, drug thru the mud. I hope you can both heal and move on.

You are wise and either well connected or have a great memory. If you index the family name in the Williamson County legal system, you'll find this is not their first rodeo with WCS, as you note.

I'm not a soccer fan, but any sport where players come into contact will have "contact" injuries. This is junk.

VI

QUOTE(YellowCard @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:52 PM) 826427831[/snapback]The suit claims that coaches allowed player Josh McMurray, then a senior at Page, to participate in a soccer match when they had known that McMurray had a history of extremely aggressive behavior.

Well there you go

What does that mean?? According to the same article, it noted that McMurray had only had one red card in his whole highschool career. To me that doesn't sound like "extremely aggressive behavior". Just because it's written doesn't make it so.

Also we heard that McMurray did not have to enter any plea.

From the parents of the hurt player. My son has been hurt many times in soccer related incidents. Until this succer puch to his face we had never filed a lowsuit for a sport. If you look at the other suit is was for a recless bus accident that sent our daughter to the hospital with no feeling on her right side for a week. until you live our lives and know the total facts I suggest you do a little more research before critisizing our family. Would you like to donated 40.000 to pay for the medical bills so far? and know that my son is still numb on the side of his face. As for the page player, I did notice that he wasns't hurt bad enough that he couldn't high five his players and he did play the rest of the game as my son was bleeding and taken to the hospital. I don't know what rule book you are looking at to know what a 50/50 ball is. normally you would have to have tthe ball. The ball had already been sent up field there was NO ball around. Think about that once and when you or your child get hurt in an unsportsman like way, remember you incompassonate comments. My son is out there still trying to play. Only because he loves the game. He has suffuered more than any of you know. I am shocked that you parents and players would evern condone this kind of play. Shoulder, slide tackles, headers are all possible inuries. A fist to the face doesn't come into the rules.

I hope your players have good luck and don't ever have to go through the same ordeal we have had to face. Maybe look into things and make your own opionins don't judge just by what you read.

Soccerfan034, regardless of the reason, your son was hurt, and that is a tragedy no matter what the cause. I pray that he will recover quickly, and not have any long lasting effects from his injuries.

I think this thread has gone the distance...