Henry county football

the prophet

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 5 2007 - 12:32 PM) 826430700[/snapback]You are in no position to lecture the YANKER about anything...certainly not football or manners...two things to which you know nothing about. The YANKER does apologize, however, for the golf information...I was simply sharing my extreme happiness with a few friends. As I have said to others, ask me a football question if you know enough to ask. I do think HC has improved...what else could they have done??? It does not get any lower than where you have been. Congratulations on last season...but do not look for it to happen again...and do not pretend to lecture the YANKER on anything...because there is NOTHING that you know better than I...the YANKER can tell by the way that you write. I AM THE ALL KNOWING YANKER!!!!!!!

I cannot believe my eyes. The incredible YANKER is basing someone's knowledge on how he uses words and structures his sentences. Yes it is proper for someone to use nouns, verbs, pronouns, and so on and so forth correctly but what difference does it make? What a person knows about the english language cannot give an insite into their knowledge of any other subject. I would like for you to speak to the vice principal of my school, Mr. Geller. This man speaks the language in such a way that half of the students in his classes (when he was a teacher, I had him) do not understand what he is saying. He might be able to teach the All-Knowing YANKER a few things. I am disappointed in you yank. Oh and by the way, please do not scrutinize my use of the language, I am merely a senior in highschool and have not obtained the knowledge you have.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hcrocks @ Apr 5 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826430829[/snapback]I cannot believe my eyes. The incredible YANKER is basing someone's knowledge on how he uses words and structures his sentences. Yes it is proper for someone to use nouns, verbs, pronouns, and so on and so forth correctly but what difference does it make? What a person knows about the english language cannot give an insite into their knowledge of any other subject. I would like for you to speak to the vice principal of my school, Mr. Geller. This man speaks the language in such a way that half of the students in his classes (when he was a teacher, I had him) do not understand what he is saying. He might be able to teach the All-Knowing YANKER a few things. I am disappointed in you yank. Oh and by the way, please do not scrutinize my use of the language, I am merely a senior in highschool and have not obtained the knowledge you have.

The fact that you are a high school student makes your disappointment in the YANKER meaningless...go to college and then live for twenty more years...and then...you may be qualified to show disappointment in the YANKER and have it matter. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us talk some football or does anyone in Henry County know anything about it?????????????

QUOTE(Yanker @ Apr 5 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826430676[/snapback]The USA and CBS Networks have requested that the YANKER not identify myself...with Tiger and the YANKER on the same course...it is simply a crowd control nightmare...the YANKER is glad to follow their wishes...the YANKER is used to such treatment...safety first of course!!! I AM THE AMAZING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanker, one more post about the Masters and then everyone can get back to HC Football. Looked to me like Tiger did not have any intensity as he usually does throughout the tournament. Generally you find him and Steve (his caddy) in constant discussion over club selection, line on putts , and etc. Steve stood away 95 percent of the town and there was little or no communication between them at all. Did you hear of anythng while you were there relating to this? It just didn't seem like the combination I've watched for years. Possibly, the struggle with his game was the reason, but it really appeared odd to me the "distance" there seemed to be between the two of them. Any comments? Also, give us a brief recap about the trip! Football in the region can wait for one most post to hit.

QUOTE(wtnoff @ Apr 8 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826432716[/snapback]Yanker, one more post about the Masters and then everyone can get back to HC Football. Looked to me like Tiger did not have any intensity as he usually does throughout the tournament. Generally you find him and Steve (his caddy) in constant discussion over club selection, line on putts , and etc. Steve stood away 95 percent of the town and there was little or no communication between them at all. Did you hear of anythng while you were there relating to this? It just didn't seem like the combination I've watched for years. Possibly, the struggle with his game was the reason, but it really appeared odd to me the "distance" there seemed to be between the two of them. Any comments? Also, give us a brief recap about the trip! Football in the region can wait for one most post to hit.

The YANKER is disappointed that Tiger did not win but the experience was great. I think I know what heaven must look like. Television does not do justice to the beauty of Augusta National. I thought after the eagle that Tiger was on his way but he could never get it going. My father loved it and the YANKER loved it. I did not notice any problem between Steve and Tiger. The YANKER did notice Tiger staring out into space a lot and doing some deep thinking. I think he was very frustrated with himself and had little to say to anyone. Of course, he spoke to the YANKER constantly off camera...he was actually in somewhat awe of the YANKER...who would not be????? We spent the nights in Atlanta with a friend of my father's and got up early and made the trip each morning. It was an experience that the YANKER will never forget and my father will not forget it either. I have never seen him so happy. Sorry to bore the rest of you with this...now back to football. JCM to win the region or finish second...home playoff game either way. HC will be in the playoffs but will most likely lose to Melrose in round one. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!! By the way, in an off camera ceremony, the YANKER was given a "green jacket" and now I am an honorary member of Augusta National!!!

QUOTE(FBPLACE @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826432868[/snapback]REGION 7 4A

HENRY COUNTY - FAVORITE

MUNFORD- OVER-ACHIEVER

BRIGHTON- loaded with talent but lack coaching

JCM- once proud program headed down quickly

I hope you art right about Henry County but what is your basis for making them a favorite. They lost everyone on offense including their best player and three year starter at QB and they lost their best defender plus a few more on defense. How is Munford an over achiever? Let them play with "home grown" kids from Munford and I will give them some credit. Then they would be like everyone else. Being a retired coach, I take offense with your comment about Brighton. What do you know about coaching football that enables you to say that they "lack" coaching? Do you coach for a living? I hope you are correct about JCM. Why do you suggest their program is headed downhill? Your post is an interesting one but I would like some clarifcation.

QUOTE(FBPLACE @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826432868[/snapback]REGION 7 4A

HENRY COUNTY - FAVORITE

MUNFORD- OVER-ACHIEVER

BRIGHTON- loaded with talent but lack coaching

JCM- once proud program headed down quickly

My picks:

1. Henry county Will show everyone there is life w/o McNairl and easy non-region schedule to get ready for region

2. Munford Will recruit, I mean get their players ready for 2nd place

3. Hardin County don't really know here just listening to others speak

4. Brighton -- Seem to be getting better and they do have some talent

5. Northside -- getting better

6. JCM -- bottom feeders

7. Liberty -- too soon for the step up in regions

8. YANKER -- last place finish since you will be rooting for the bottom feeders

QUOTE(oooooooo @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826432970[/snapback]My picks:

1. Henry county Will show everyone there is life w/o McNairl and easy non-region schedule to get ready for region

2. Munford Will recruit, I mean get their players ready for 2nd place

3. Hardin County don't really know here just listening to others speak

4. Brighton -- Seem to be getting better and they do have some talent

5. Northside -- getting better

6. JCM -- bottom feeders

7. Liberty -- too soon for the step up in regions

8. YANKER -- last place finish since you will be rooting for the bottom feeders

!. HC will have limited life after Mcnairl. The "easy" non-region schedule to which you refer will render losses to Dickson County and Westview. Northwest beat you last time you played so that could happen again considering your losses. The YANKER is not certain who your remaining non-region game is with but it is probably an "easy" loss. You are mighty cocky to have only recently been a regular resident in the cellar.

2. Get over their recruiting and simply recruit better. The HC whining about Munford sickens the YANKER...do something about it!!!!!

3. Hardin County will be tough and solid as always...probably a loss for HC.

4. Brighton may be the most talented team in the region other than JCM. Most likely another loss for HC.

5. Northside is a Jackson team...which will make them tough...but still be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

6. Your silly jokes aside, this will be a talented team that possesses the regions top player. A transfer from Riverdale makes us even better. This team will finish in the top two and host round one at the "ROCK"!!!!!

7. An exception to the "Jackson" rule...they will struggle to win a game...at least the YANKER hopes so.

8. What would this thread be like without the knowledge and humor of the YANKER????? I can answer that...BORING!!!!! You should all be thankful that nobody from Jackson (JCM specifically) gets on my JCM threads so the YANKER talks football with all of you.

9. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Red Warrior @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826432914[/snapback]I hope you art right about Henry County but what is your basis for making them a favorite. They lost everyone on offense including their best player and three year starter at QB and they lost their best defender plus a few more on defense. How is Munford an over achiever? Let them play with "home grown" kids from Munford and I will give them some credit. Then they would be like everyone else. Being a retired coach, I take offense with your comment about Brighton. What do you know about coaching football that enables you to say that they "lack" coaching? Do you coach for a living? I hope you are correct about JCM. Why do you suggest their program is headed downhill? Your post is an interesting one but I would like some clarifcation.

You must have to give your address to receive mail as FANTASY LAND!! GET REAL! Do you mean to tell us that in your 35 years of coaching you NEVER filled out a transfer form for a new student in your district, or are you telling us that you simply refused to let anyone play for you unless they were "home grown." If you expect anyone to believe that, then you must think we all fell off turnips trucks in Savannah, Munford, Brighton, and Jackson. I only wonder when your whinning will begin about the transfer from Riverdale going to JCM. (Bet it starts only and when JCM puts the hammer on HC...Can hear the screams now. CHEAT. CHEAT , CHEAT.) Read an interesting article the other day in the Memphis Commercial Appeal about the young man at Raleigh-Egypt that won the Tennessee Mr Basketball (AAA) Award. Quote.."Since middle-school I started looking for the 1. right school 2. the right coach 3. the right surrounding players...that would help put me in a position to be successful in my basketball career. I found the right school at Raleigh-Egypt, the right coach in Jimmy Allen, and the players at the school were solid. It was easy for me to make the decesion on where to go to school." Believe it or not, kids and parents in the REAL WORLD consider those same questions and possibilities and make choices based on their observations. Find another dead horse to ride. You've ridden the Munford one into the ground!!!!