best fields in EAST Tennessee

braves4life

QUOTE(roundtripper78 @ Mar 31 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826427393[/snapback]walker valley's field is very very nice, and they have an incredible hitting facility and locker room... they could do some things to sit more fans though

it dose not matter about the stands they are talking about the field

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William blount and Farragut fields are too small a pop up at william blount will make it at that goes as well for farragut, i think bradley countey has the best its a good size field that you actually have to hit it hard to get out pluse nice short grass and nice seats aswell. I think our field oak ridges could be good if they fixed the outfiled and make it better but the prob i have with ours is its 350ft down the left field line.

Everyone will have their favorite/best field. It's all about opinion. Just like who the best team in the state last year was. Not everyone will say it was Farragut. It's just an opinion. no need for anyone to get mad and think other people are stupid for having a different best field in ET. I do still think Farragut has the best though. but what do I know. I've only seen about 4 others and that wasn't even for a game. That was just i happened to be at the school and saw it.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Dobyns-Bennett's field. It was the Rookie League home for the New York Mets for many years, so it's a park that has major league dimensions. No cheap ones there. It takes a bomb to hit one out. The surface is attractive and it has to be the only park with stands as enormous. Also, I'll bet it's the only park where fans by the hundreds can sit under a nice concrete roof and stay out of the rain.

QUOTE(Stonewall @ Apr 5 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826430576[/snapback]I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Dobyns-Bennett's field. It was the Rookie League home for the New York Mets for many years, so it's a park that has major league dimensions. No cheap ones there. It takes a bomb to hit one out. The surface is attractive and it has to be the only park with stands as enormous. Also, I'll bet it's the only park where fans by the hundreds can sit under a nice concrete roof and stay out of the rain.

I have been to MANY ball fields in Tennessee over the last 30 years and DB's is the best field I've seen. As for, the Rookie league, J. Fred Johnson Stadium has hosted not only the NY Mets but the Detriot Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates and the Atlanta Braves. If you have not been to the new Rookie League field in Kingsport (Hunter Wright Stadium) then you need to pay a visit there. This field is just as nice as J. Fred.