BGA vs Blackman

ETSU_BucSoccerFan

Game was tied 2-2. Blackman dominated the first half and it should have been 4-0 with two shots going off post. One goal scored by Adam Hueber from a throw in by Matt Reed and the other goal scored by Eric Barlow fighting through a couple of defenders from a ball from Chris White. BGA may have had two or three shots on goal in the first half. Blackman leads 2-0 in first half

BGA stepped it up in the second half, but it was pretty much even between the two teams. Again may be 4 shots on goal, but two of those were PK's nicely finished by Stephen Morrissey. Stephen will have to let us know if he dove or not in the box, Blackman players claim he stated he dove. The second PK was a handball in the box, mind you the ball came up and struck the kid in the forearm, no intention, so it shouldn't have been call. It was nicely played soccer game and very enjoyable. Thanks for a great game.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Mar 30 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826426884[/snapback]Game was tied 2-2. Blackman dominated the first half and it should have been 4-0 with two shots going off post. One goal scored by Adam Hueber from a throw in by Matt Reed and the other goal scored by Eric Barlow fighting through a couple of defenders from a ball from Chris White. BGA may have had two or three shots on goal in the first half. Blackman leads 2-0 in first half

BGA stepped it up in the second half, but it was pretty much even between the two teams. Again may be 4 shots on goal, but two of those were PK's nicely finished by Stephen Morrissey. Stephen will have to let us know if he dove or not in the box, Blackman players claim he stated he dove. The second PK was a handball in the box, mind you the ball came up and struck the kid in the forearm, no intention, so it shouldn't have been call. It was nicely played soccer game and very enjoyable. Thanks for a great game.

very good game. blackman played very, very well, no doubt about it. i was talking to matt towards the end of the first half and i was saying i didnt think we won but 2 50/50's. blackman came out with an intensity that we couldnt match in the first half. so i have to give a lot of credit to blackman. in the second half we got a couple of bounces our way and got 2 pk's that tied it up.

overall blackman is a very good team that plays hard every minute they're out there. they'll definitely do well this season.

The experience and size of Blackman showed. How many seniors did they start? It was the first time that many of BGA's young players had played in a game of that intensity. BGA responded well in the second half and will look forward to a good season as they gain experience. Looking at their schedule, it doesn't get much easier.

QUOTE(sccr11 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826426973[/snapback]The experience and size of Blackman showed. How many seniors did they start? It was the first time that many of BGA's young players had played in a game of that intensity. BGA responded well in the second half and will look forward to a good season as they gain experience. Looking at their schedule, it doesn't get much easier.

i thought our intensity level was much better in the second half. our touch and things like that werent much better, we just with more intensity. i thought matt played really well in the back. he had a big impact.

and yes, our schedule is starting to get very difficult. this is our first away game of 5 the next two weeks. so we definitely expect to get more games like tonight vs. blackman.

QUOTE(sccr11 @ Mar 30 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826426973[/snapback]The experience and size of Blackman showed. How many seniors did they start? It was the first time that many of BGA's young players had played in a game of that intensity. BGA responded well in the second half and will look forward to a good season as they gain experience. Looking at their schedule, it doesn't get much easier.

Blackman started rough 7-8 seniors

i haveta say while we did get the upper hand in the first half

BGA stepped up in the second

and i was really impressed with that 2nd half goalie, he's beastly and has quite a future ahead of him

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826426884[/snapback]Game was tied 2-2. Blackman dominated the first half and it should have been 4-0 with two shots going off post. One goal scored by Adam Hueber from a throw in by Matt Reed and the other goal scored by Eric Barlow fighting through a couple of defenders from a ball from Chris White. BGA may have had two or three shots on goal in the first half. Blackman leads 2-0 in first half

intention doesnt matter on the handball, its if he gained an advantage

QUOTE(itsaboutthegame @ Apr 2 2007 - 02:38 AM) 826428030[/snapback]intention doesnt matter on the handball, its if he gained an advantage

Here is what LAW 12 says, straight from FIFA Website. I bolded the last sentence in LAW 12 for you.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

trips or attempts to trip an opponent

jumps at an opponent

charges an opponent

strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

pushes an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player

commits any of the following four offences:

tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball

holds an opponent

spits at an opponent

handles the ball deliberately[/(except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area).

A direct free kick is taken from where the offence occurred. * (see page 3)

Blackmansoccerdad, you are right, but unfortunately TN highschool soccer does not go by FIFA rules. I am trying to find the NFHS soccer handbook on line (they may be the same, but I know there are several differences between the two rule books) I will get back to you on that.