Warrior Spring Semifinals Today

davidlimbaugh

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826427961[/snapback]Why not play when it really means something as for the tourney Championship? They aren't the only team to have 4 games this week. Who does the scheduling in the first place? Seems they should simply say NO for next yr then.

No agent or best bud with anyone from Smyrna.....just recognize when there is an enthusiastic coach that kids would burst through walls to please. In fact, we tried to get him to come to Oakland as he lives in OUR zone. We will be most happy to take him off your hands. Ask Magoo.He isn't the only assistant who deserves a head job in my opinion. Am I allowed to have one of those anyway? O=PIN=ION

Odd how you say you have read the boards for 3 yrs and just now join tonight? What's wrong, did you get your other ID (s) busted? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> This can't be the first time I have upset you.

I actually get on this site to find out scores more than anything. I basically just read threads and have never felt like posting anything till now. Smyrna has played in this tourney first and foremost because we host it and make money as well as playing quality teams,and the parents work their butt off to make money for the team and Booster club so that they can pay the assistants like coach Mid. You have not upset me, i just wanna know why your always hyping coach Mid. He is a great assistant coach.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BulldogDad1 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826427971[/snapback]I actually get on this site to find out scores more than anything. I basically just read threads and have never felt like posting anything till now. Smyrna has played in this tourney first and foremost because we host it and make money as well as playing quality teams,and the parents work their butt off to make money for the team and Booster club so that they can pay the assistants like coach Mid. You have not upset me, i just wanna know why your always hyping coach Mid. He is a great assistant coach.

he's gonna be a great head coach somewhere.

QUOTE(BulldogDad1 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826427971[/snapback]I actually get on this site to find out scores more than anything. I basically just read threads and have never felt like posting anything till now. Smyrna has played in this tourney first and foremost because we host it and make money as well as playing quality teams,and the parents work their butt off to make money for the team and Booster club so that they can pay the assistants like coach Mid. You have not upset me, i just wanna know why your always hyping coach Mid. He is a great assistant coach.

I smell a smyrna booster club officer!!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So the only reason you entered this tourney was for money???? I wonder why smyrna baseball underachieves??????

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826427985[/snapback]I smell a smyrna booster club officer!!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> So the only reason you entered this tourney was for money???? I wonder why smyrna baseball underachieves??????

well in his defense one of the major reason we put on the tournament is for the money so what does that make Riverdale? while i agree with you they should have played but all those ours that boosters and coaches and adminstrators its still about the money

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 1 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826427987[/snapback]well in his defense one of the major reason we put on the tournament is for the money so what does that make Riverdale? while i agree with you they should have played but all those ours that boosters and coaches and adminstrators its still about the money

sure the money is nice but its about playing games against quality teams with quality players, not boosters and the money they make. If you have to boast about your boosters and the amount of money they raise to make yourselves feel vindicated you are robbing your players. so the coaches put in long hours.....Most successful coaches do, administrators- if they want a crappy school leave at three!!! boosters-you are supposed to be the silent support for your teams. I'll rip any Oakland booster that gets on here and brags about the long hours they put in so don't come at me with that crap next. and since you asked 0-6 in state tournament games....IT'S ALL ABOUT WINNING EVERY GAME YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826427990[/snapback]sure the money is nice but its about playing games against quality teams with quality players, not boosters and the money they make. If you have to boast about your boosters and the amount of money they raise to make yourselves feel vindicated you are robbing your players. so the coaches put in long hours.....Most successful coaches do, administrators- if they want a crappy school leave at three!!! boosters-you are supposed to be the silent support for your teams. I'll rip any Oakland booster that gets on here and brags about the long hours they put in so don't come at me with that crap next. and since you asked 0-6 in state tournament games....IT'S ALL ABOUT WINNING EVERY GAME YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

I am not bragging about the amount of work that the boosters put into it all i am saying is the reason this tournament was started was to make money as far as making anyone vindicated i am not sure what you mean that we are robbing the kids since the money goes to them so whatever theat means ok. Now we will do everything we can to make it a great tournament so that the good teams want to come back. When teams come back you make money. If it is a bad tournament they wont come back and you wont make money...What do you mean boosters are silent support?that is crazy to me becuase if they are silent then how are they raisng money? how are they getting banners and recieving donation either thru golf tournament or thru the program adds there is no silence!!! As far as the 0-6 i guess you GOT ME THERE no we havent won a state tournament yet but i am proud of my guys they work hard all year and we hope to make another run at it this year

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 1 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826428002[/snapback]I am not bragging about the amount of work that the boosters put into it all i am saying is the reason this tournament was started was to make money as far as making anyone vindicated i am not sure what you mean that we are robbing the kids since the money goes to them so whatever theat means ok. Now we will do everything we can to make it a great tournament so that the good teams want to come back. When teams come back you make money. If it is a bad tournament they wont come back and you wont make money...What do you mean boosters are silent support?that is crazy to me becuase if they are silent then how are they raisng money? how are they getting banners and recieving donation either thru golf tournament or thru the program adds there is no silence!!! As far as the 0-6 i guess you GOT ME THERE no we havent won a state tournament yet but i am proud of my guys they work hard all year and we hope to make another run at it this year

Raising money for the team is great, but don't get on here and tell me that money is what its all about. the silent part is they shouldn't boast about the hard work they put in....Brag about how your players and coaches work and how you (as a booster are here simply for support). the 0-6 comment a low blow! My bad. Let the kids play, raise your money but do not turn this into a my booster club works so hard and we want some recognition cry.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 1 2007 - 11:51 PM) 826428010[/snapback]Raising money for the team is great, but don't get on here and tell me that money is what its all about. the silent part is they shouldn't boast about the hard work they put in....Brag about how your players and coaches work and how you (as a booster are here simply for support). the 0-6 comment a low blow! My bad. Let the kids play, raise your money but do not turn this into a my booster club works so hard and we want some recognition cry.

Im not bragging about any work that the parents or myself do to run the tourney. The gentlemen asked why we even play in the tournament so i answered. We help host Riverdale's tourney, they help host our tourney, as well as mostly every other school in the county. Our kids wanted to rest and have the day off, they had just played in savannah the last weekend. There were only 2-3 kids that wanted to play but were not heart broken at all to not play today.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826428010[/snapback]Raising money for the team is great, but don't get on here and tell me that money is what its all about. the silent part is they shouldn't boast about the hard work they put in....Brag about how your players and coaches work and how you (as a booster are here simply for support). the 0-6 comment a low blow! My bad. Let the kids play, raise your money but do not turn this into a my booster club works so hard and we want some recognition cry.

you are the one turing it into a bashing...we all brag about our kids and coaches hard work we werent braggina bout how hard boosters work you did all i said was that we work hard in the tournament to raise money back to the original argument and you turned it into boosters bragging...

As far as the tournament THEY START AS MONEY MAKERS and you do all you can to have A GREAT TOURNAMENT so that 1. you make money 2. coaches and players have a good time 3. you have good competition amongst the teams so that each team helps themselves get better and other kids have a chance to play that wouldnt play if it wasnt for tournaments 4. keep the teams coming back each year for more