Warrior Spring Semifinals Today

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:43 PM) 826427815[/snapback]Way to go OAKLAND!!!!!! Seems this school is back on the rise, baby. Where is Hoolie now?

Thanks to the folk at Riverdale, esp David Limbaugh for giving of his time and banana pudding to mae the Warrior Classic the BEST in the state of Tennessee. Also thanks to the folk behind the scenes running concessions, working on the fields, cleaning up, offering their time and facilities. The weather for once cooperated!!!!! Well done, Limbaugh.

Thanks for the kind words. Just got in the house - loonnnggg day/weekend - great way to spend a vacation!!!!

Did ya like the new wireless microphones?

And thanks for coming and to everyone else for coming to the various sites and help make the Spring Classic a fun weekend of high school baseball!!!

Coach Powers and myself had our annual post-tournament debriefing/Buffalo Wild Wings and we realized we have a problem - every coach that called us after they were done thanked us for a great time and told us they look forward to coming back next year. But I have at least 5 teams coming for the first time next year, including a couple of 2006 state champions. So everyone be sure to get your entry in as soon as ya can this fall for next year - and Harriman - we have already written ya in!!!

Again, thanks everyone for sharing the love of baseball .. now to go catch the last inning of the Cards and Mets....

We are not scared of Oakland. I am certain we schedule Oakland every year. We play them on the 21st this year. The reason our coach decided not to play according to my son was because we play 4 games this week, and have multiple injuries and sore arms that needed to get well. 2priceless- i have read this board a lot over the last 3 years but now i can finally ask the question. Are you Coach Mid's best friend or his agent? WHich is it. I will go ahead and say that Coach Vetter did not arrive until the 3rd inning of the game friday night. The reason is because the game was scheduled at 7 but started at 615 because of a run rule, and because he had the opportunity to finally watch his little girl play soccer in Smyrna. Yes oh my God he missed some of the game to watch his daughter who was playing close enough to where he could watch her. Give me a break. Me and some of the other parents were talking about how great we thought it was. He knows he has 3 good assistants that could do the job till he got there. And by the way Mid was not the head coach because no one was. Coach Vetter made out the lineup. Coach Mid called the pitches and coach Looper coached 3rd base. While our other coach helped out where was neeed. I guess you not a parent and could not relate. What i would do if i were you is get a life and quit bashing coaches and promoting your friends. I like coach Mid as much as anybody. BTW i would have loved to see us play today and i understand both sides of it. I guess our coaches thought we would be better off resting up for the big week ahead. Congrats to Oakland for winning it.

QUOTE(BulldogDad1 @ Apr 1 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826427914[/snapback]We are not scared of Oakland. I am certain we schedule Oakland every year. We play them on the 21st this year. The reason our coach decided not to play according to my son was because we play 4 games this week, and have multiple injuries and sore arms that needed to get well. 2priceless- i have read this board a lot over the last 3 years but now i can finally ask the question. Are you Coach Mid's best friend or his agent? WHich is it. I will go ahead and say that Coach Vetter did not arrive until the 3rd inning of the game friday night. The reason is because the game was scheduled at 7 but started at 615 because of a run rule, and because he had the opportunity to finally watch his little girl play soccer in Smyrna. Yes oh my God he missed some of the game to watch his daughter who was playing close enough to where he could watch her. Give me a break. Me and some of the other parents were talking about how great we thought it was. He knows he has 3 good assistants that could do the job till he got there. And by the way Mid was not the head coach because no one was. Coach Vetter made out the lineup. Coach Mid called the pitches and coach Looper coached 3rd base. While our other coach helped out where was neeed. I guess you not a parent and could not relate. What i would do if i were you is get a life and quit bashing coaches and promoting your friends. I like coach Mid as much as anybody. BTW i would have loved to see us play today and i understand both sides of it. I guess our coaches thought we would be better off resting up for the big week ahead. Congrats to Oakland for winning it.

You think you are the only teams to have sore arms? This was a great opportunity to possibly find a "diamond in the rough" for smyrna. You might have some freshman or sophomore who has a breakout game in him!! This was a perfect time to find out...This tourney really doesn't mean anything so why not give it a try. I' can tell you that oakland had some pitchers step up and prove that they are ready to take the mound whenever they are called on.... Why not let the team vote on playing? Good teams don't back down from anything!!! If Oakland wouldn't have advanced I don't think the coaching staff would have been heart broken, but since they did it was business as usual...go out and play hard.....No Matter What. You can't pick and choose when to play and then expect your players to turn it on like a light switch!!!!! Bad form on smyrna. I feel bad for the players...I'm sure they wanted to play!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826427942[/snapback]You think you are the only teams to have sore arms? This was a great opportunity to possibly find a "diamond in the rough" for smyrna. You might have some freshman or sophomore who has a breakout game in him!! This was a perfect time to find out...This tourney really doesn't mean anything so why not give it a try. I' can tell you that oakland had some pitchers step up and prove that they are ready to take the mound whenever they are called on.... Why not let the team vote on playing? Good teams don't back down from anything!!! If Oakland wouldn't have advanced I don't think the coaching staff would have been heart broken, but since they did it was business as usual...go out and play hard.....No Matter What. You can't pick and choose when to play and then expect your players to turn it on like a light switch!!!!! Bad form on smyrna. I feel bad for the players...I'm sure they wanted to play!!!!!!!!!!

Actually with the Hip Pointers, the pulled groins, the hernias, the dislocated thumb,plus the sore arms, only a couple wanted to play. I would have loved to see us play Oakland too, we will on the 21st and hopefully again later down the road.

Why not play when it really means something as for the tourney Championship? They aren't the only team to have 4 games this week. Who does the scheduling in the first place? Seems they should simply say NO for next yr then.

No agent or best bud with anyone from Smyrna.....just recognize when there is an enthusiastic coach that kids would burst through walls to please. In fact, we tried to get him to come to Oakland as he lives in OUR zone. We will be most happy to take him off your hands. Ask Magoo.He isn't the only assistant who deserves a head job in my opinion. Am I allowed to have one of those anyway? O=PIN=ION

Odd how you say you have read the boards for 3 yrs and just now join tonight? What's wrong, did you get your other ID (s) busted? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> This can't be the first time I have upset you.

QUOTE(BulldogDad1 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826427952[/snapback]Actually with the Hip Pointers, the pulled groins, the hernias, the dislocated thumb,plus the sore arms, only a couple wanted to play. I would have loved to see us play Oakland too, we will on the 21st and hopefully again later down the road.

should be a good game. I just hope that smyrna doesn't throw off. (Oakland found some pitchers this weekend so they now realize that they won't have to ride tyler and marcus all year. Remember, the loss to smyrna was preseason. Oakland already avenged a preseason thumping by BGA. I'm sure smyrna will be up to it!!! I'll circle this one!!!!!!!!!!!