Palmetto Cup(SC)

ihavenofriendzz

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ Apr 7 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826431985[/snapback]Farragut missed three breakaways (two in regulation and one in overtime) and actually scored a goal off a throw-in in the first half. The goal was called back because a farragut player supposedly pushed a christian brothers player even though the farragut player was in front.

Interesting. I heard they had some chances late but I didn't know they scored but it was taken away. What was the shot count?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 7 2007 - 07:03 PM) 826431996[/snapback]Interesting. I heard they had some chances late but I didn't know they scored but it was taken away. What was the shot count?

Not a fun game to watch as a Farragut fan I heard. Frustrating missing so many goals...but its good to see Farragut pick up their play and beat three highly ranked SC teams, I also heard Backstrom picked up his play and put in some quality goals this weekend. Its a perfect path to Bearden on Friday. Should be a fabulous game

Good luck to CB in the Finals, should be a great game.

you cant expect to win games win you dont finish your oppourtunities. Farragut is having a problem right now putting away their chances when it comes to finishing.........The word "FRUSTRATING!" is what comes to mind .......they do eveythring right leading up to putting the ball in the back of the net and when the time comes,,,,, (atleast lately),,,,,if it hasn't missed the goal entirely , it has gone right to the keeper!!!!!!! ganted they are scorring goals, but the "chances" far exceeds the amount actually scored....... they simply have to capitalize on their oppourtunites ........!

Christian Brothers loses to Riverside 2-1

this is what someone said on the SC soccer boards when I asked about the Farragut goal that was called back..

"...the AR called a foul just prior to the goal and the center official consulted with him after first pointing to midfield. The free kick in the other direction ensued ... Regarding a three-man crew -- if the teams who participate are willing to pay a little more in entrance fees, we would love to be able to have a three-man crew."

QUOTE((.)(.) @ Apr 7 2007 - 06:55 PM) 826432027[/snapback]To which soccer teams are you referring to in D2?

he's probably talking about CBHS,MBA,BGA,MUS,McCallie,Baylor,Father Ryan. i think that's a pretty good list of teams that could compete with any team from the other 2 divisions.

These are the final standings. I'm only giving you top 4 because that is where the TN teams are.

1. Riverside (3-0-2), 9 GF, 5 GA, 37 points

2. Christian Brothers-TN (3-1-1), 8 GF, 6 GA, 30 points

3. Farragut-TN (3-1), 15 GF, 2 GA, 28 points

4. Dutch Fork (2-1-1), 8 GF, 6 GA, 25 points

Farragut had the most GF and least GA in the tourney..

Edit I'll also give you the standings of the teams both TN teams played..

Farragut..

6. Dorman (3-1), 11 GF, 7 GA, 27 points W

10. Spring Valley (2-2), 9 GF, 7 GA, 20 points W

16. Airport (0-4), 3 GF, 24 GA, 3 points W

2. Christian Brothers-TN (3-1-1), 8 GF, 6 GA, 30 points L

Christian Brothers

11. Lexington (1-2-1), 9 GF, 10 GA, 18 points T

7. Northwestern (2-2), 13 GF, 10 GA, 22 points W

13. Pinewood Prep (1-3), 10 GF, 13 GA, 14 points W

3. Farragut-TN (3-1), 15 GF, 2 GA, 28 points W

1. Riverside (3-0-2), 9 GF, 5 GA, 37 points L