• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure D-1's

Philip Jurick

Carter McMasters

Possible D-1's

Dominque Mcduffie (sp?)- has a good chance if he makes the grades

Alex Wells (may need juco or might have already signed somewhere but has a shot to play somewhere)

Howard has a couple guys, but they are probably long shots. I talked to someone who said they will probably need juco

I do not know about alot of the young kids but these are the ones I know about I am sure I have missed a few people.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Apr 5 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826430813[/snapback]For sure D-1's

Philip Jurick

Carter McMasters

Possible D-1's

Dominque Mcduffie (sp?)- has a good chance if he makes the grades

Alex Wells (may need juco or might have already signed somewhere but has a shot to play somewhere)

Howard has a couple guys, but they are probably long shots. I talked to someone who said they will probably need juco

I do not know about alot of the young kids but these are the ones I know about I am sure I have missed a few people.

How is it that the Howard players are long shots and they are the best in the city. D. Ricks is the best player in the city hands down and I dont think no one can argue that. So why is he a long shot.

Jurick is D-1 but Carter is not and how is he for sure and he has about a foot advantage over Ricks and Ricks would out play him any day. Carter is not athletic at all. What I want to know is who did you talk to that says these kids will need to go to juco. Remember Howard is the only public school who makes their athletes earn a certain GPA to play sports

QUOTE(t-mac @ Apr 5 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826430832[/snapback]How is it that the Howard players are long shots and they are the best in the city. D. Ricks is the best player in the city hands down and I dont think no one can argue that. So why is he a long shot.

Jurick is D-1 but Carter is not and how is he for sure and he has about a foot advantage over Ricks and Ricks would out play him any day. Carter is not athletic at all. What I want to know is who did you talk to that says these kids will need to go to juco. Remember Howard is the only public school who makes their athletes earn a certain GPA to play sports

Jurick has several D1 OFFERS in hand. No question about his potential. He must improve his offensive skills, but he will go D1 as big-time as he wants.

McMasters has several OFFERS from D1 schools in hand that say he is a legit prospect. You can't teach the combination of size and skill set that Carter has. I'm no expert, but I would guess that he will be playing basketball after Ricks has run his course. He still has a lot of work to do in order to reach his potential. His desire and drive will determine how far he goes.

I mean no disrespect to Ricks. I think he is a very good player also. IMHO, he is about a mid-major to low-major D1 player. That is pretty impressive.

Brandon Allen will have the opportunity to play basketball somewhere, assuming he has grades, etc. in order.

Howard's freshman (can't remember his name) also has good potential.

I agree about Hampton. Add Hasaan Cobb to that mix.

Jeremy Sexton has got a lot of game. Andrews is a good player.

Orlandis Jackson is probably undersized to be a D1 post player, but he is athletic enough to play somehere if he want to. The 6-6 freshman from Brainerd, Fred Sturdivant, I think, will be a D1 prospect.

Chattanooga Christian's sophomores (two of them, can't remember names) also will get some looks.

Aaron Wise, 6-4 freshman from Boyd Buchanan, will also get attention.

Brandon Allen is the smartest kid on the team. He has about a 3.7 GPA. Carter is no match for Ricks. He is taller but Ricks is more athletic, and has better knowledge of the game. Plus he is way stronger than Carter. Get real people. Jurick has the best potential in the city but Ricks is by far the best player in the city. Just ask anyone who played in the Best of the Preps. Or ask the two kids at CCS, or ask Sexton or Hampton they have played against Ricks and knows what he brings to the table.

What level conference do you think Ricks will sign (SEC, ACC, or Southern, Atlantic Sun, etc)? I don't think people necessarily are saying a player doesn't have grades when they say they expect a junior college signing, sometimes they can play two years then sign Division I after it. There have been some with Howard with grade troubles before, it looks as if that's getting straightened out but until it does people always will think twice about it.

QUOTE(t-mac @ Apr 5 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826430832[/snapback]How is it that the Howard players are long shots and they are the best in the city. D. Ricks is the best player in the city hands down and I dont think no one can argue that. So why is he a long shot.

First off I disagree that Ricks is the best player in the city hands down. Your opinion of Carter is getting toi be flat out ignorant. Do you really think you know more than these major d-1 college coachs do not know what they are looking at when they see him play???

Who did I talk to about the Howard kids about them need juco? A juco coach. (i know my stuff, I dont just make this crap up.)

And people realize there are not going to be as many D-1 players that you are listing. Basketball in chattanooga is down and how many people from chatt have gone D-1 in the last 3 year? The Skogans and Jonathan Adams I am sure I am missing a couple but not that many.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Apr 6 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826431172[/snapback]First off I disagree that Ricks is the best player in the city hands down. Your opinion of Carter is getting toi be flat out ignorant. Do you really think you know more than these major d-1 college coachs do not know what they are looking at when they see him play???

Who did I talk to about the Howard kids about them need juco? A juco coach. (i know my stuff, I dont just make this crap up.)

And people realize there are not going to be as many D-1 players that you are listing. Basketball in chattanooga is down and how many people from chatt have gone D-1 in the last 3 year? The Skogans and Jonathan Adams I am sure I am missing a couple but not that many.

Why would Ricks, Allen, or Taylor need juco when they have the grades and talent. Not to mention they are good kids, and they are already playing for a coach who stresses discipline to the fullest. I really wouldnt be mad if these kids went to juco because they would still be getting an education. Its funny that juco does work for Howard players(Johnny Taylor, Rashard Jones-Jennings). If Ricks is not the best player in the city then who is. I can resect you disagreeing but if not Ricks then who? Please tell me someone else in the city who has the type of game that Ricks has. Jurick developed into a beast towards the end of the season. The top three players next year will be Ricks, Jurick and Brandon Allen. Hopefully Dominique Taylor will get back on track if so he can be in the top three. But why will the best player in the city need juco

If Howard had the top 2 or 3, or will have the top 2 or 3 next year, they should have gone 35-0 until facing Liberty and maybe beating them. You say the coach stresses discipline but he went on and on about how the players started playing "streetball" in any loss they had, including in the state. Who is at fault when the players won't follow the coach's plan?

I mean ricks may very well be the best in the city. If so what is he ranked according to the top recruiting websites? Has rivals or scout.com come to see him play? I'm just wondering. Even if he is the best in Chattanooga what does that mean? Chattanooga basketball doesn't get any respect around the state for a reason. Ricks is what 6'3( I'm assuming). JaJuan Smith was probably the best player to come out of this area in a while and he had to walk on!! Jurick and McMasters will sign at big-time DI programs. I know it's not fair but no matter how good he is he won't be 6'10!