Franklin Sonic Tourney 4/13 & 4/14

Hoganknows

Sounds like rain is going to take care of the tourney--but only wanted to add that Page as of 8:00 PM Thursday night was thinking about pulling out. The night before the tourney begins!

Injury and ACT was going to be the reason--well at least I can sleep well at night. Good Luck to all teams that are playing this weekend--but looks like rain will be the real Winner.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hoganknows @ Apr 13 2007 - 05:38 AM) 826436453[/snapback]Sounds like rain is going to take care of the tourney--but only wanted to add that Page as of 8:00 PM Thursday night was thinking about pulling out. The night before the tourney begins!

Injury and ACT was going to be the reason--well at least I can sleep well at night. Good Luck to all teams that are playing this weekend--but looks like rain will be the real Winner.

What has happened to Page?Tthey looked good early, when I saw them play earlier in the year, I heard some girls quit and I also heard they had some injuruies. Where is the new coach from, I don't think he teaches at PHS?

QUOTE(bigchief @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826436560[/snapback]He currently teaches at Antioch High and is the president of the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association. John Conditt.

Coach Conditt does a good job, he turned the program at Hume Fogg around a few years back, and made Antioch a better team with girls who were not used to winning. Sometimes when a new coach comes to town, the girls have to get used to playing his or her way. Sometimes girls who think they deserve to play just because they are seniors or juniors and may not be the best talent, and may have to take a seat and watch. I don't know if this is happening at Page or not, but it is a common problem this time of year. Page I think will be fine, but if I know Coach Conditt, he would not pull out of a tournament unless he had only 8 or less girls to play. You play for May and the district, region, and state tournament. These tournament along the way help you get better, sometimes you have to think about what is best for YOUR TEAM.

I would like to thank Coach Alumbaugh of Franklin HS for giving us a chance to come into this tourney at a late date. We were not going to be playing this weekend because of so many girls were taking the ACT test but we thought at the last minute which was last week we could stay and play because the tourney was so close. I had talked to Coach Smith from Lincoln about playing there but we didn’t think we could get our girls there after the ACT test. Coach HoganKnows—Alas Coach M W). You see we have 6 juniors who had already signed up to take the test so we knew that these girls would not be there into after the test. Well the school is having a study session on Friday afternoon and they will not be able to play the games on Friday but we thought we would be fine because we had 17 girls on our team. Well two girls decided that they wanted to quit and did so on Thursday afternoon. Then on an accidental play yesterday against Loretta another player got hurt which would bring our team down to 8 players. I called Coach Alumbaugh and told her that the player’s mother was taking her to the doctor last night and that if it was broken we would only have 8 players but I would call her first thing in the morning to let her know what the doctor said. Well CoachHoganKnows—Alas Coach M W acts like that we didn’t want to play which isn’t the truth. We were going to wait until the player’s mother got back with us in the first thing in the morning to let her Coach Alumbaugh know because we have had teams drop out on us in our preseason tourney and the MTSCA tourney but we NEVER called any of the schools out on a public message board. So, we got the call first thing this morning from the girl’s mother and the doctor told her she could play as long as she could stand the pain. Well she wants to play and Page will be playing today with mostly JV players today and until the regular girls can get there from the ACT test. So I want you to know Coach HoganKnows—Alas Coach M W that Coach Alumbaugh was very understanding about the whole situation and we just waiting for the ok from the mother to see if we would have enough players.