Monroe County

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Apr 30 2007 - 11:51 PM) 826448820[/snapback]Goo luck to Sequoyah

What is up in Madisonville? I read today in a local newsletter that the new head coach and the school's principal do not agree on the discipline of the students at Sequoyah High School. Sequoyah will never be able to compete with Sweetwarter on a consistent basis.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Old Warhorse @ May 3 2007 - 07:01 PM) 826451137[/snapback]What is up in Madisonville? I read today in a local newsletter that the new head coach and the school's principal do not agree on the discipline of the students at Sequoyah High School. Sequoyah will never be able to compete with Sweetwarter on a consistent basis.

We are fighting for a change in the leadership in that school. The students of SQSH have been let go for a very long time and this battle started long b-4 coach came on board he is just willing to bring it out into the open instead of sweeping it under the rug. Things have been sweep under the rug at SQSH for a long time and it reflects in every thing we do, Coach is just moving the rug a little.

Sequoyah has not been able to compete with SHS but never is a very long time. Sweetwater, giving them credit sets the bar in Monroe Co. sports and it gives the rest the ones that will work a goal.

If sleeping in class, walking the halls on cell phones during class time, and wearing practically see-through clothing is what you call ok, then your right. Don't tell me it doesn't go on, because I have personally witnessed it. I don't know who you are, but Sequoyah was not fine before, it just wasn't ever acknowledged until now. I am not defending coach Summey, he is a grown man, he can do that himself. It could have been anyone that could have come in and uncovered the very same things. I also am not foolish enough to know that it is just at Sequoyah, it goes on in all the Monroe County Schools.

QUOTE(mcb14 @ May 4 2007 - 07:19 AM) 826451467[/snapback]i dont know who you are but sequoyah was just fine before he came.... im not saying we dont want him as a football coach but the students and mr moser are ok without him......

This is a very good view from a student.

Note: look at the big picture.

QUOTE(red_nation @ May 4 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826451635[/snapback]Note:The buzz started off by saying they printed todays letter without editing it.Now go back and read it again and look at how some things are spelled and etc.Kind of scary i think.

Ihave been rather quiet on this issue for a reason,to see what was on everyone's mind.For the young 6'1" basketball player who posted earlier,my comments would be the same as Sid,no need to go there.I,too,noticed the errors in the article,which I thought was cleverly pointed out.I am concerned there is any opposition at all.I have been taught to achieve excellence,you must strive for excellence...to obtain discipline,you must be disciplined.In other words,this begins on a personal level and evolves as you age.Kids will be kids,they will push the limits,and do what you let them get away with.I know a large number of kids that will never have a problem with coach Summey because they are motivated to obey the rules and improve daily.A lot of this motivation must come from the home.Some are not fortunate enough to receive this,so it must happen at school.If one kid responds in a positive manner,in my opinion,it has been worth all the turmoil.I have already witnessed one young man in particular who has responded this way.He is working hard in the weight room,has lost weight and firmed up,and was so excited to show coach Summey his progress he almost ran me over to get to the scales! I am quite sure he will not be the only one.The motivation is showing on the practice field,as is the discipline.I definitely see the need for a public meeting or poll or something along this line to affirm our commitment to a better school as well as sports teams.I,perhaps,would have gone about this in a different manner,but the simple fact is there are problems that need to be fixed,light has been cast on these issues(regardless whether you or I like the way it was done) and they must be fixed!Drop the complaining,concentrate on fixing the problem.I would say to Mr.Moser,I still believe this was a great hire,I still believe the communities are closer to united than ever,continue this path,support this man,and let's be proud to see our kids be all they can possibly as students and players.I had to have a little push from time to time in school,our new Superintendent got to push a little at times(even with a paddle)and I am extremely thankful! Coach Summey should not be made a fall guy for the shortcomings he has pointed out,and if allowed I am certain he will lead the charge to fix them.One other thing,I know this is lengthy.Look at where this man came from.One of the best school systems in the state!Should we require less from our kids than Maryville does of theirs?If you think so,you do our kids a great injustice!There,I feel better now.

I know, I know, you're thinking, "what in the wide, wide world is HE doin' still at work?" For the record, I almost always ruminate while at my command post in the hidden lair.

I have nothing to add to the discourse of today except I hope we've seen the end of SQHS' business being put in the street. If we are a family, or a team or at least on the same side of the river, let's push through this and move on. We don't have to sit by a fire and sing Kum-Ba-Ya, but maybe we can support what we have.

Two random thoughts though,

Somebody get that clown off 411 from in front of the school. Don't know him, but I bet his kid sleeps in class...

SID, nice piece on Tellico soccer win, except, now don't take this the wrong way, we're gonna be friends now, I don't mean to cause trouble, and it was a good article, but..... There was no handball. None, nada, zip, no handball.

I was five feet away, and didn't miss anything. It was a good goal. I ought to know, I was the referee that night.

Now, how did that song go? oh yea, "Someones frying Lord, kum-ba-ya,"

"Smell them catfish, Lord, kum-ba-ya..."

QUOTE(chindit @ May 4 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826451812[/snapback]I know, I know, you're thinking, "what in the wide, wide world is HE doin' still at work?" For the record, I almost always ruminate while at my command post in the hidden lair.

I have nothing to add to the discourse of today except I hope we've seen the end of SQHS' business being put in the street. If we are a family, or a team or at least on the same side of the river, let's push through this and move on. We don't have to sit by a fire and sing Kum-Ba-Ya, but maybe we can support what we have.

Two random thoughts though,

Somebody get that clown off 411 from in front of the school. Don't know him, but I bet his kid sleeps in class...

SID, nice piece on Tellico soccer win, except, now don't take this the wrong way, we're gonna be friends now, I don't mean to cause trouble, and it was a good article, but..... There was no handball. None, nada, zip, no handball.

I was five feet away, and didn't miss anything. It was a good goal. I ought to know, I was the referee that night.

Now, how did that song go? oh yea, "Someones frying Lord, kum-ba-ya,"

"Smell them catfish, Lord, kum-ba-ya..."

From what I have been able to gather,the clown's son was the one who threatened coach Summey."Can't wait to eat,O Lord,kum-ba-ya," "He's made me hungry,Lord,kum-ba-ya." Thanks for your refreshing and humorous posts,truly a breath of fresh air in all the smog.

Chindit, thanks for the comment, although I cannot take credit for it completely. The information was submitted. Just to be honest with you, I do not know enough about the sport to even know what you are talking about! HA/A!!! I hope we can be running as good of an article about today's game at Sequoyah. taylormade is going to take pictures and coach Miller said they would submit information, so maybe that will be as good. I have to rely on a lot of submitted information to cover the county, and there are some people that just can't understand that concept. They wonder why some things don't make the paper, but they don't understand with a staff of two, you can't cover the whole county, but coaches and parents as well, have been good this year about submitting information to get things done. We have also had more people to step up to cover games. Without all this, I would have probably been hung by September. HA/A!!! One last thing, I do agree, the guy needs to be removed.