WARTBURG HIGH SCHOOL

Deerhunter44

With what coaching staff. They have one Coach right now /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . And if I remember correctly Wartburg and Oneida used to scrimmage every year . Wartburg Owned Oneida then /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> … But Wartburg is down now. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigstick#1 @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:27 PM) 826419771[/snapback]anyone know the 2007 schedule?

No I don't know the schedule and I'm almost afraid to see it. I just hope and pray that there might be an "easier" game or two on it somewhere. Wartburg's region schedule is one of the most brutal in the state, and lately old Knute Davis has had a habit of scheduling the hardest non-region teams he can find. Let's all hope that there's no Knox Catholics on the agenda this year-a win would be SO nice!!!!

The schedule according to wchs.k12tn.net looks like this

2007 Schedule (Tentative--Subject to Change)

August 24

Scott County

Home

August 31

Coalfield

Away

September 7

Open

September 14

Harriman

Away

September 21

*CAK

Home

September 28

*Alcoa

Away

October 5 *Sweetwater

Home

October 12

*Rockwood

Home

October 19

Loudon

Away

October 26

*Oliver Springs

Away

November 2

Midway

Home

QUOTE(bamadude @ Apr 3 2007 - 07:45 AM) 826428731[/snapback]Hate to break it to you, but you are not going to have a ton of people clammering for this job. Believe it or not Morgan Co is not a talent rich community, and you treat your coaches like dirt. According to most Wartburg fans on here, now that Davis is gone - you guys should be competing with Alcoa for championships (We'll see about that)

To respond to this bamaguy; I don't know how rich the talent pool is in Morgan County these days, but I do question your "treat coaches like dirt" statement. In my humble opinion, allowing Larry Davis to hang on at Wartburg the past 2-3 years was treating him like ROYALTY. This being said, I think all of Wartburg can rejoice now. No matter what happens next year it can't get any worse (knock on wood!).

Royalty???? Give me a break! We will see how many times we go to the playoffs and beat Alcoa now that he's gone. I've said on here before he is the only guy to beat Alcoa, Rockwood, Sweetwater, O.S., etc. It will be a long time before another coach at Wartburg will be able to say that.

Having said that, now it's time to get behind the program and try to find a way to fix many of the problems associated with it......Good Luck Boys!

To me on the outside looking in it seems that you lost a pretty good coach that just happened to be in a really bad program!

In wartburg, losing should not be thought of as anything more than a continuation of tradition. Maybe they'll hire a middle schooler to coach the football team also! Can't wait until The Jackets and Dogs Square off next season. Your season is over before it even starts.

Go Jackets!

Oh Crap! Not the middle schooler bashing again.

Look Dude! I don't know who you are but this is a football thread. Lets deal with the matter at hand and drop the bashing. If you've got a comment about football by all means post it leave the roundball out of it till November! Otherwise let it go! I'm beginning to think that you've got a thing for that, "middle schooler."

Who's interested in the Wartburg Job?