14AA District games for Monday/Tuesday

JoseWales

QUOTE(purpletigers @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826433910[/snapback]First of all Ripley killed themself with errors. On the other hand you could clearly tell who the umps were in favor of. Ripley could not get the strike @ the knees @ all USj got every call @ the knees. These kids have been taught that since they were in dixie to pitch @ the knees. So when our pitcher has to grove each pitch to get a strike sure you will get more hits.

For the fly ball hit to left when the player stood up he seen the ump give the out signal which in every game I have ever seen is a clinch fist which he did weather he caught it or not.

About the fans cursing I didn't hear any,but thats not to say there wasn't any. When USJ comes to Ripley they will get a Fair game from these officals here for sure.

Every time we have had the guy behind the plate @ USJ we have had the same thing favortism.

Worst Officating @ a High School Game I ever saw.

Man Purple T, if that's the worst officiating you have ever seen, you have led an extremely sheltered life. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> True, the guy liked them low, but from what I saw, it was about equally bad for both teams. Don't fool yourself and think USJ only hit because of the ump behind the plate. I guess tonight with a different ump, USJ will not be hitting the ball,huh? I wouldn't bet on that.

As far as the immaculate catch, get for real. The kid never had the ball to drop. That's it. The ump pointed at the ground, but that was not even a factor until Coach Bridges brought it up. The real story is the kid could not catch it, and tried to con the umps. It just didn't work. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe tonight we can have a game with no injuries, great umpiring, happy fans from both sides, and just some good baseball. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826434005[/snapback]Man Purple T, if that's the worst officiating you have ever seen, you have led an extremely sheltered life. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> True, the guy liked them low, but from what I saw, it was about equally bad for both teams. Don't fool yourself and think USJ only hit because of the ump behind the plate. I guess tonight with a different ump, USJ will not be hitting the ball,huh? I wouldn't bet on that.

As far as the immaculate catch, get for real. The kid never had the ball to drop. That's it. The ump pointed at the ground, but that was not even a factor until Coach Bridges brought it up. The real story is the kid could not catch it, and tried to con the umps. It just didn't work. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe tonight we can have a game with no injuries, great umpiring, happy fans from both sides, and just some good baseball. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Both these teams are talented and should represent 14AA in the region -- can't we all just get along?

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826434005[/snapback]Man Purple T, if that's the worst officiating you have ever seen, you have led an extremely sheltered life. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> True, the guy liked them low, but from what I saw, it was about equally bad for both teams. Don't fool yourself and think USJ only hit because of the ump behind the plate. I guess tonight with a different ump, USJ will not be hitting the ball,huh? I wouldn't bet on that.

First PT probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know. When a umpire makes a close fist signal it is a out. I don't know where you were taught the game but that means out in any level of the game and that was the signal.

Second you must not have read his whole post,cause he said Ripley did not get the low strike call unlike usj did. Read the post fully before you reply

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826434031[/snapback]First PT probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know. When a umpire makes a close fist signal it is a out. I don't know where you were taught the game but that means out in any level of the game and that was the signal.

Second you must not have read his whole post,cause he said Ripley did not get the low strike call unlike usj did. Read the post fully before you reply

Congrats to Clayton Gant on a great game. He held a very good hitting squad of Ripley Tigers to just 3 hits in six innings ... he also registered 8 Ks. Way to go #1.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826434031[/snapback]First PT probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know. When a umpire makes a close fist signal it is a out. I don't know where you were taught the game but that means out in any level of the game and that was the signal.

Yo dude, chill. I'll take your word for it that PT knows baseball, however, I saw what I saw, and that was a ball not caught. I also saw a ump pointing at the ground. It does not matter now though, because it's in the books. Closed, official, and yesterday's news. I like to look forward to the upcoming games rather than continue to focus on the past.

I did reread PT's post and I still stand by my post, the ump called basically the same for both teams.

Despite what you may think, I actually have been pulling for many kids on both teams to do well. And by the way, someday I will tell you where I learned baseball and it might suprise you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck to both teams tonight, have a healthy game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 10 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826434076[/snapback]Yo dude, chill. I'll take your word for it that PT knows baseball, however, I saw what I saw, and that was a ball not caught. I also saw a ump pointing at the ground. It does not matter now though, because it's in the books. Closed, official, and yesterday's news. I like to look forward to the upcoming games rather than continue to focus on the past.

I did reread PT's post and I still stand by my post, the ump called basically the same for both teams.

Despite what you may think, I actually have been pulling for many kids on both teams to do well. And by the way, someday I will tell you where I learned baseball and it might suprise you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck to both teams tonight, have a healthy game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Any updates on the weather in Ripley? Does it look like there will be a game tonight?

QUOTE(purpletigers @ Apr 10 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826433910[/snapback]First of all Ripley killed themself with errors. On the other hand you could clearly tell who the umps were in favor of. Ripley could not get the strike @ the knees @ all USj got every call @ the knees. These kids have been taught that since they were in dixie to pitch @ the knees. So when our pitcher has to grove each pitch to get a strike sure you will get more hits.

For the fly ball hit to left when the player stood up he seen the ump give the out signal which in every game I have ever seen is a clinch fist which he did weather he caught it or not.

About the fans cursing I didn't hear any,but thats not to say there wasn't any. When USJ comes to Ripley they will get a Fair game from these officals here for sure.

Every time we have had the guy behind the plate @ USJ we have had the same thing favortism.

Worst Officating @ a High School Game I ever saw.

If that was the worst then you have been very lucky for the the umps that you have had. The umpire's strike zone was the same both ways. Matter of fact the umpire tonights zone was too high and the field umpire blew a call in the first inning that wasn't even his call. The home plate umpire had position at 3rd and the field umpire called the guy out from across the field.

That is Baseballthere are always going to be controversial calls. Do you think that USJ or any high school gets to pick their umpires? They are assigned by the association.

QUOTE(nob4upost @ Apr 10 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826434524[/snapback]If that was the worst then you have been very lucky for the the umps that you have had. The umpire's strike zone was the same both ways. Matter of fact the umpire tonights zone was too high and the field umpire blew a call in the first inning that wasn't even his call. The home plate umpire had position at 3rd and the field umpire called the guy out from across the field.

That is Baseballthere are always going to be controversial calls. Do you think that USJ or any high school gets to pick their umpires? They are assigned by the association.

i agree with everything you said in your post ........by the look of both of theses games it really wouldn't have mattered what kind of umpires the 2 teams had ripley was simply over matched ...usj did what was expected of them to do with a team like ripley, it was not surpising

Great Game Bruins! Outstanding play by all....Preston you pitched a good game....Josh was great behind the plate...all players did their part, fielding and hitting....Dusty, Will, and Hunter made some great catches in the outfield...Danny made an awesome play to pick off a runner at second...Benji fielded the ball well at second...Clayton was tough at first...and John held tight at third...and all hitters came through! Way to go Bruins!!!

QUOTE(TNSportFan1 @ Apr 10 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826434533[/snapback]i agree with everything you said in your post ........by the look of both of theses games it really wouldn't have mattered what kind of umpires the 2 teams had ripley was simply over matched ...usj did what was expected of them to do with a team like ripley, it was not surpising

I don't really know how to take your remark about "...with a team like Ripley". If you look at Monday's game as well as last night's game, Ripley hurt itself with errors. In Monday's game, there were only 3 earned runs. Last night, more of the same. The errors are killing the Tigers. Hopefully, this will get better, and then I think you will see a more competitive game from them. No team can make 6-8 errors against an excellent team like USJ and expect to win. I congratulate USJ on their win, and I know the Tigers are going to bounce back and do much better. GO TIGERS!!!

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 9 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826433475[/snapback]This game started out being all it was billed to be. A homer from each side, and some good pitching. In the end, USJ's sticks were just too hot. Final 12:2 USJ. New record USJ 22:4, Ripley 17:4:1. The game was overshadowed by an injury to one of Ripley's brightest stars, Zach Lewis. What appeared to be a repeat knee injury, but will not know for sure until the doctor's visit tomorrow. I wish you the best Zach.

Game two takes place in Ripley tomorrow night. Zach was scheduled to pitch, but that appears doubtful at this point.

Anybody know more?

Gant pitched for USJ.

I understand that Zach Lewis had MRI yesterday on his knee, and it wasn't as bad as first thought. Hopefully will be back by district tournaments.

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826434676[/snapback]I don't really know how to take your remark about "...with a team like Ripley". If you look at Monday's game as well as last night's game, Ripley hurt itself with errors. In Monday's game, there were only 3 earned runs. Last night, more of the same. The errors are killing the Tigers. Hopefully, this will get better, and then I think you will see a more competitive game from them. No team can make 6-8 errors against an excellent team like USJ and expect to win. I congratulate USJ on their win, and I know the Tigers are going to bounce back and do much better. GO TIGERS!!!

Ripley only had 4 errors in the two games (3 monday, 1 last night) - errors weren't the difference.