8AAA

T-Town08

It may just be me but I have been to a few games and have noticed that this region is really down this year. There is not a really a tough team like always. I really figured Tullahoma to be better, maybe I was showing to much favortism. If you notice anyone that has went to any tourn. with halfway decent teams our region is getting beat and beat pretty good. Just an opinion.

QUOTE(T-Town08 @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826434801[/snapback]It may just be me but I have been to a few games and have noticed that this region is really down this year. There is not a really a tough team like always. I really figured Tullahoma to be better, maybe I was showing to much favortism. If you notice anyone that has went to any tourn. with halfway decent teams our region is getting beat and beat pretty good. Just an opinion.

First of all it's a District not Region. Competition is better with Coffee co., Columbia, Lawrence Co. and Tullahoma being good. This district will compete in Region play, trust me.

QUOTE(chs4life @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826434841[/snapback]First of all it's a District not Region. Competition is better with Coffee co., Columbia, Lawrence Co. and Tullahoma being good. This district will compete in Region play, trust me.

I have to stradle the fence on this one. Ive been involved now for ten years with watching district 8 ball. I think overall the district has improved but i think the top teams are not what ive seen in the past. I realize some teams are young and rebuilding bit overall i just dont see our district as strong as it has been in the past. Just my opinion but i dont think a team this year in district could play with last years top 3 teams. Again just my opinion,not going to argue about it,but hey tournament times not here yet,still got time for some teams to improve.

QUOTE(chs4life @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826434841[/snapback]First of all it's a District not Region. Competition is better with Coffee co., Columbia, Lawrence Co. and Tullahoma being good. This district will compete in Region play, trust me.

I have seen Coffee, Tullahoma play this year. Both look strong. CHS, would you be Mr Swann?

I totally agree about 8AAA being down this year. To me, it does seem like it goes down every year. It's hardly ever anymore that any of the top teams is out of that district when around the year 2000 it had some of the top teams in the state. Also, each team in the district is at the bottom of the list in the difficulty of scheldules of who each team plays...

QUOTE(toosmart @ Apr 12 2007 - 11:52 AM) 826435887[/snapback]I totally agree about 8AAA being down this year. To me, it does seem like it goes down every year. It's hardly ever anymore that any of the top teams is out of that district when around the year 2000 it had some of the top teams in the state. Also, each team in the district is at the bottom of the list in the difficulty of scheldules of who each team plays...

Well not only that toosmart, CC is at the top in the district and I was looking at scores and records, many of the bracket games that they have played in tournaments and lost are not posted on coacht. They are posted in threads but not on the scoreboard or on the schedule. Not that it has to be, just making a point.

QUOTE(T-Town08 @ Apr 11 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826434801[/snapback]It may just be me but I have been to a few games and have noticed that this region is really down this year. There is not a really a tough team like always. I really figured Tullahoma to be better, maybe I was showing to much favortism. If you notice anyone that has went to any tourn. with halfway decent teams our region is getting beat and beat pretty good. Just an opinion.

They might be trying new things during these games,younger players injuries may play a

factor in deciding who to play,possibly getting JV players more exposure.You have to also

say that some of the other teams from out of state usually go to the state tourney where they

are from. tourneys are used for progression of younger players, and getting ready for

Distrct Tourneys.

QUOTE(T-Town08 @ Apr 13 2007 - 07:46 AM) 826436505[/snapback]Well not only that toosmart, CC is at the top in the district and I was looking at scores and records, many of the bracket games that they have played in tournaments and lost are not posted on coacht. They are posted in threads but not on the scoreboard or on the schedule. Not that it has to be, just making a point.

Coffee County obviously wants to win every game they play including tournament games. However, these games don't mean very much. They are played to gain experience, especially on a somewhat inexperienced team...I do think tournaments should be taken somewhat seriously though... it's good practice for the District tournament...I hear that's an important one!