York Institute

singray

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(muffin @ Apr 14 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826437261[/snapback]Now,that is a stupid question.

As the old saying goes, no questions are stupid. I played football and have been around High School Football all my life. I have never seen a group like the York team of 06 when it comes to sportsmanship. Late hits, pushes, punches you name it I saw it. The Referees let it go the first half but started calling personal foul penalties the second half. If I coached York or was of fan, I would have been totally embarrassed about the way those kids showed bad sportsmanship. That is the reason I asked that question. Now do I have the right to question this, you bet I do.

QUOTE(singray @ Apr 15 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826437929[/snapback]As the old saying goes, no questions are stupid. I played football and have been around High School Football all my life. I have never seen a group like the York team of 06 when it comes to sportsmanship. Late hits, pushes, punches you name it I saw it. The Referees let it go the first half but started calling personal foul penalties the second half. If I coached York or was of fan, I would have been totally embarrassed about the way those kids showed bad sportsmanship. That is the reason I asked that question. Now do I have the right to question this, you bet I do.

You betcha!...110% AFTER the whistle..i know exactly what your talking about

Singray, I know you want me to reply. The only problem was, I was unable to attend the first York game last year. I heard it was pretty dirty though. The thing is that it must not have helped them any seeings how we beat them twice last year. From some of the other post on here though, the dirty play must have intimidated most of the Smith County folks. They are always praising York for there tough, hard nose play.

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826439345[/snapback]Singray, I know you want me to reply. The only problem was, I was unable to attend the first York game last year. I heard it was pretty dirty though. The thing is that it must not have helped them any seeings how we beat them twice last year. From some of the other post on here though, the dirty play must have intimidated most of the Smith County folks. They are always praising York for there tough, hard nose play.

I will say this. When Westmoreland played York at Westmoreland in the playoffs, the players from York were much more respectable, but when we played them at York it was rediculous. I couldn't figure out why the Refs let it go as long as they did. As much fun as we have making each other mad on this forum, there is no place for bad sportsmenship among players, fans, coaches, cheerleaders, etc. before, after or during a game.

QUOTE(singray @ Apr 17 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826439566[/snapback]I will say this. When Westmoreland played York at Westmoreland in the playoffs, the players from York were much more respectable, but when we played them at York it was rediculous. I couldn't figure out why the Refs let it go as long as they did. As much fun as we have making each other mad on this forum, there is no place for bad sportsmenship among players, fans, coaches, cheerleaders, etc. before, after or during a game.

I will say one thing for Westmoreland, for the most part they have always displayed discipline before and after the whistles. Coach Kelly has alot to do with that.I will say that I would be proud to let my boys play for him. He is not only a good coach, but a good man as far as teaching lifetime lessons. I could name you some teams that I thought need to work on there sportsmanship, but I have made enough folks angry already. Smith County is not one of those teams I could name for bad sportsmanship just in case you were wondering.

Guest Termite

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826439345[/snapback]Singray, I know you want me to reply. The only problem was, I was unable to attend the first York game last year. I heard it was pretty dirty though. The thing is that it must not have helped them any seeings how we beat them twice last year. From some of the other post on here though, the dirty play must have intimidated most of the Smith County folks. They are always praising York for there tough, hard nose play.

They do play hard nose, tough football..........they just don't set around saying "we idi it 15 years ago" or "boy are we strong and fast"......they don't talk about it much....theyplay on the field.........

I have stayed off of this topic because of my position. I have alot of respect for Coach Wright and his team. I did not witness any undisciplined play in either game I have been involved with York. They are a hard working tough team and are extremely tough to beat at home. I do not like the idea of using this website to bash teams.

QUOTE(jacksoncounty @ Apr 19 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826441569[/snapback]York beat Jackson County like 50-8 up there but I don't remember a lot of personal fouls being called. I thought they were a physical hard nosed team at least on that night.

I agree that york is a very hard nosed and physical team and i know this because i scrimmaged against them twice last year and there was two fights in the spring and one in the fall.

• 3 months later...