Rockwood & Harriman

baseball100

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(softball100 @ Apr 17 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826439808[/snapback]Shane now has 14. And is batting around 415, 420

Someone from Rockwood already has 14 HR's this season with over 9 games still remaining? Is that number accurate? If so, get out the record books because no one from Rockwood has ever hit that many in one year and according to the TBCA site, 1 more would give him the most prolific HR hitting season in the history of Roane County baseball (i.e., no one has hit at least 15 in one season).

QUOTE(MSUBac2001 @ Apr 17 2007 - 09:04 PM) 826439908[/snapback]Someone from Rockwood already has 14 HR's this season with over 9 games still remaining? Is that number accurate? If so, get out the record books because no one from Rockwood has ever hit that many in one year and according to the TBCA site, 1 more would give him the most prolific HR hitting season in the history of Roane County baseball (i.e., no one has hit at least 15 in one season).

He had 17 last year

QUOTE(RHSBASEBALL99 @ Apr 19 2007 - 04:12 AM) 826440842[/snapback]I'm pretty sure Wyatt Wilson had 18 or 19 in a season...long before the fences were moved in.

I remember Wyatt setting the Rockwood single season and career records (was there the day he broke them), but I don't think he quite made it up to 18 or 19 in one season. Then again, before him the record was like 7 or 8 in one season, so whatever he ended up with was a lot more than before. I would assume that if anyone got over 15 in one year, Coach Lane or now Coach Cofer, would have posted the record in the TBCA.org record books. Either way, its good to see someone from Rockwood with that kind of power.

Coach Lane never was big about keeping track of records and stats. Never quite figured out why. When I was there, the only records I ever remember were basically word of mouth and never actually recorded anywhere. I don't think statistics were even really recorded unless a parent happened to be keeping the book that day. Even if a parent recorded them, I don't think stats were ever consolidated.

If the high school wanted to host a site, I wouldn't mind building the team a web page similar to what most college programs have.