Baseball.......Riverdale

shadoe

What a ugly ugly game last night. Must have been close to 15 or 20 walks by Riverdale pitchers last night. Plus they hit at least 5 batters last night. Three errors also did not help. I have been watching them for 6 years now and do believe that is the worst they have ever looked. But hopefully since it did not kill them , it will make them stronger. The Seniors on the team have never been in a game like that (on the losing side), to my knowledge. I think they will regroup and still be a force in the district. Plus you know they will be wanting another shot at Oakland. Lets GO Warriors . Show your Warrior Pride.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shadoe @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826436658[/snapback]What a ugly ugly game last night. Must have been close to 15 or 20 walks by Riverdale pitchers last night. Plus they hit at least 5 batters last night. Three errors also did not help. I have been watching them for 6 years now and do believe that is the worst they have ever looked. But hopefully since it did not kill them , it will make them stronger. The Seniors on the team have never been in a game like that (on the losing side), to my knowledge. I think they will regroup and still be a force in the district. Plus you know they will be wanting another shot at Oakland. Lets GO Warriors . Show your Warrior Pride.

To oakland's credit they also took advantage of the mistakes early and broke Riverdale's spirit, not allowing them a chance of any late game heroics. That and Brett Wilson was dialed in tonight, I think that is the best game ive seen him throw in his career, which is a huge confidence booster for him. I think Riverdale will still make a good run in the postseason, but I think this series showed that Oakland is head and shoulders above the rest of the district and that the loss to Cookeville was a fluke

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826436672[/snapback]To oakland's credit they also took advantage of the mistakes early and broke Riverdale's spirit, not allowing them a chance of any late game heroics. That and Brett Wilson was dialed in tonight, I think that is the best game ive seen him throw in his career, which is a huge confidence booster for him. I think Riverdale will still make a good run in the postseason, but I think this series showed that Oakland is head and shoulders above the rest of the district and that the loss to Cookeville was a fluke

That was definetely the best Brett has throwed. Congrats to him. We thought when he was at Christiana that he would be a pretty good pitcher, but thought that would be for Riverdale. LOL

QUOTE(irecnso @ Apr 13 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826436727[/snapback]If you ahve a bad game against a good team, the score can get ugly.

Riverdale is better than this, they will regroup.

I agree I think they will bounce back. Just hope the pitchers have all the wildness out of their system now.

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 13 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826436672[/snapback]To oakland's credit they also took advantage of the mistakes early and broke Riverdale's spirit, not allowing them a chance of any late game heroics. That and Brett Wilson was dialed in tonight, I think that is the best game ive seen him throw in his career, which is a huge confidence booster for him. I think Riverdale will still make a good run in the postseason, but I think this series showed that Oakland is head and shoulders above the rest of the district and that the loss to Cookeville was a fluke

There is no such thing as a fluke loss... translation: "excuse". you either lose because the other team outplayed you and you didn't play to your potential, or you win because you came out ready to play and beat the opponent's butt.

QUOTE(The Star @ Apr 13 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826436821[/snapback]Mark this down. You are seeing the start of a 4 year decline coming up for Riverdale

I dont think so.Their Freshmen team has only lost 4 games so far this season . They are 11-4. And split with Oakland earlier this year. They have some talent . Plus the 8th graders at Christiania are 9-2 so far this year.

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826436879[/snapback]There is no such thing as a fluke loss... translation: "excuse". you either lose because the other team outplayed you and you didn't play to your potential, or you win because you came out ready to play and beat the opponent's butt.

Or maybe you play well, crushing the ball but the guys were in perfect position to make the play. I offer up no excuse, but after seeing what Oakland has done in the other 25 games, especially last night, that loss was a fluke or an upset, whatever term suits your fancy

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 13 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826436899[/snapback]I have been hearing that for Riverdale football for 10+ years now /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Except Riverdale Football has been crankin out state championships, Riverdale has gotten there, but hasnt exactly made alot of noise when they are there. Great programs have down cycles as well, Oakland had their struggles the past few years without much senior leadership, but now it looks like they are back on the way up, everything runs in cycles