This years Oakland vs last years Riverdale

Winners Inc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 14 2007 - 05:24 PM) 826437546[/snapback]well for the most part this years oakland team played last years oakland team Warren was the only SR wasnt he? so that game was played twice and Riverdale won both games 3-2

What??? "for the most part this years oakland team played last years oakland team" thought this was about this years Oakland team playing last years Riverdale team.. I am all messed up.. & Oakland took those wins this year right? but Riverdale took 3 of 5 last year right? just trying to get facts straight b4 i keep doing anymore thinking on this subject

QUOTE(unc4life @ Apr 14 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826437552[/snapback]What??? "for the most part this years oakland team played last years oakland team" thought this was about this years Oakland team playing last years Riverdale team.. I am all messed up.. & Oakland took those wins this year right? but Riverdale took 3 of 5 last year right? just trying to get facts straight b4 i keep doing anymore thinking on this subject

that is meaning that they are basically the same tema most of the players that was on the team last year for oakland are still on the team this year..ie Drew Fann Burnett dodd polk and so on and so on

we only played oakland twice last year and we beat them 3-2 each game

Its a totally different team!!!! That's evident in the record.....Fann, polk, and co. are a year older and stronger. this years oakland may have the same players but they are not the same team!!! this year they are actually a TEAM!!!! so I think it would be very competitive!!!!

SHAMELESS PLUG /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> : neither team could matchup with the 99 and 00 teams from Oakland!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 14 2007 - 05:14 PM) 826437566[/snapback]Its a totally different team!!!! That's evident in the record.....Fann, polk, and co. are a year older and stronger. this years oakland may have the same players but they are not the same team!!! this year they are actually a TEAM!!!! so I think it would be very competitive!!!!

SHAMELESS PLUG /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> : neither team could matchup with the 99 and 00 teams from Oakland!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

well...i call 3-2 competitve dont you we also played them last year BEFORE they fell apart

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 16 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826438614[/snapback]Not that it is an option but i would take 1998 oakland...powerhouse and dominant. i remember being ecstatic that we were 2 runs up on them going into the 5th inning.......we lost by 3. Awesome team with exceptional talent and fundamentals. Best all around High School team I have seen in over 20 years

The 98-99 Oakland baseball teams were like the 94 Riverdale football team. Teams we may never ever see again.

Oakland's 4th pitcher would go on to be the Friday starter for MTSU but he didn't even get to pitch in the post-season

because the other 3 were so dominant. Pop quiz - can you name the 4 Oakland starting pitchers and where they went

after graduating at Oakland?

And Jeremy Slayden went on the Georgia Tech and made several All-American teams in IMHO he wasn't even the

best hitter on the team - Rauschenger was.....

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 14 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826437556[/snapback]that is meaning that they are basically the same tema most of the players that was on the team last year for oakland are still on the team this year..ie Drew Fann Burnett dodd polk and so on and so on

we only played oakland twice last year and we beat them 3-2 each game

Riverdaleman, do you realize that over a year, players do get better. I would take this years Oakland team over last years Riverdale team anyday. Oakland has improved a ton and now is one of the best, if not the best team in the state.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 16 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826438658[/snapback]The 98-99 Oakland baseball teams were like the 94 Riverdale football team. Teams we may never ever see again.

Oakland's 4th pitcher would go on to be the Friday starter for MTSU but he didn't even get to pitch in the post-season

because the other 3 were so dominant. Pop quiz - can you name the 4 Oakland starting pitchers and where they went

after graduating at Oakland?

And Jeremy Slayden went on the Georgia Tech and made several All-American teams in IMHO he wasn't even the

best hitter on the team - Rauschenger was.....

First off it was 99-00 that went back to back. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1. John Williams-MTSU

2. Jason Sharber-Vandy, but was drafted and signed by pittsburg

3. Patrick Hicklen- UT

4. Stevie Kline- MTSU, Cumberland

this was the 00 staff. You can add Jerry Knox to that and you would have the 99. He played at columbia state before earning a spot with MTSU

Casey Rauschenberger had a 33 game hitting streak on that 99 team.

Any more questions just holler at me!!!!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 16 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826438716[/snapback]First off it was 99-00 that went back to back. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The years tend to run together after a while

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 16 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826438716[/snapback]1. John Williams-MTSU

2. Jason Sharber-Vandy, but was drafted and signed by pittsburg

3. Patrick Hicklen- UT

4. Stevie Kline- MTSU, Cumberland

this was the 00 staff. You can add Jerry Knox to that and you would have the 99. He played at columbia state before earning a spot with MTSU

Casey Rauschenberger had a 33 game hitting streak on that 99 team.

Any more questions just holler at me!!!!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Trivia question - who played catcher on the '00 team????