Farragut vs Maryville

The King of the Burbs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really cant believe anybody thinks maryville has a chance with farragut coming off with a L against bearden.farragut is gonna come out playing hard and ready to play they are gonna put goals in early and often the game is not gonna be close and if it is its only because farragut does not have there back line defense.this farragut team is a very talented and classy team dont be surprised the next time they play bearden its gonna be a compeletly different game.

That's a pretty emotional loss Farragut had they other night and contrary to most peoples thoughts, it is hard to bounce right back after a game like that one. Farragut could come out sluggish and give up an early goal, which would give Maryville a lot of confidence and make them hard to beat. Maryville has been inconsistent in their results this year and who knows which team will show up for the game, although this is a big game for them and you would think they will bring their "A" game. As someone said earlier this game could be the difference between a 2nd or 4th place finish in the district which will be big come tournament time.

Anyways Farragut 4-1 with 2 goals by Holt.

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Apr 15 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826437818[/snapback]Farragut needs a win to stay in the race for #1 in the district and Maryville needs one to have a chance at #2 or #3. Any Predictions?

I say Farragut- 4 Maryville-1

I think that Farragut understands the importance of winning this game- it is almost a must win to stay in the hunt in the district. I beleive that Bearden now has to tie 1 and lose 1 for Farragut to pass their district record. I can't see that happening, but Farragut must stay ahead of the rest of the district to play at home until they are re-matched with Bearden.

People should not forget South Doyle!! They are quietly sitting back and continue to win games. It should be an interesting finish.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Apr 16 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826438601[/snapback]Farragut could come out sluggish and give up an early goal, which would give Maryville a lot of confidence and make them hard to beat.

Let's not forget that Maryville scored on Knox West in 7 seconds. The only problem with that is that they still had 79:53 left to play. This would be important for them, but they are going to have to get more than 1 goal to hold off a powerful shooting team like Farragut. I'm not gonna call this one. I'll just let it play itselt out.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826438869[/snapback]Ok. Update. Farragut wins 2-0. I don't know what D played for Farragut. I do know that apparently 1 Farragut player was knocked out and a Maryville player broke his collarbone. I'm not sure if they were on the same play. But total for the game there was about an hour in delays. I believe both left on stretchers but not sure.

Farraguts defensive subs played again, Maryville player rebroke his collar bone on a fall to the ground and an ambulance came. Farragut's Drew Hemiter got knocked out cold and an ambulance came again to get him by an extrememly dirty undercut that should have been a red card, but instead the ref gives one to Farragut for talking back on a different play. Farragut scored from a throw from Backstrom to Russell who headed it in in the first 10 and then Backstrom played a ball across to a wide open Russell who scored with about 10 to go.