1-3A and 2-3A- Who's gonna do what?

govols04

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Old_Highlander_13 @ Apr 28 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826447724[/snapback]Who does Ac return?

1.Austin-East

2.Catholic

3.Fulton

4.Scott county

I hope im wrong bout the 1st 3 but i say what i think not what I hope.

All of their skill people. Several linemen return as well.

QUOTE(Old_Highlander_13 @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826446694[/snapback]Who do yuns see being

in the 4th spot? in region 2-3a

1. AE

2. Fulton

3. Catholic

4. HOGEYE

Everyone at LA is ready to prove that last year was just a bad dream! Look for the Cats to be less conservative in their play calling and slip up on some teams! If our QB is even close to his old man's talent, we will shock some teams!!

QUOTE(OldCatFan @ Apr 30 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826448606[/snapback]1. AE

2. Fulton

3. Catholic

4. HOGEYE

Everyone at LA is ready to prove that last year was just a bad dream! Look for the Cats to be less conservative in their play calling and slip up on some teams! If our QB is even close to his old man's talent, we will shock some teams!!

Hey OldCatFan.

I hope for LA, the kids, and the region that last yr. was a bad dream. Still have some key players to replace. Jake Reeder and Levi Holt are gone from the O, the O Line lost Beaty and Robert Holt (Did he sign anywhere?) LA loses those guys plus Stephens on D. Is the Cole kid back on the line? What about Morgan, Reynolds, and Carwile? Can Chase Dunn play RB/WR/DB? Heck of a basketball player. All State wasn't he?

QUOTE(HappyHour22 @ May 1 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826449125[/snapback]1. Catholic

2. Fulton

3. A-E

4. AC

Hey HappyHour22.

If, and that is a big "if", Catholic can do that, it will be three years in a row as Region 2-3A Champs. And while they deserve some credit for that, the question is....can they make it past the quarter finals? In fact, can whoever wins this region NOT get knocked out by the 2nd, 3rd, 4th place Region 2-3A team? Last yr, Fulton #2 beats Catholic #1. Yr before, #4 LA beats Catholic #1. Yrs. before that AE & Fulton swapped regular season win for playoff win from 2000 on. Is the region balanced, or does the region champ have a "let down" syndrome when they play a team for the 2nd time?

ruse?,

I think it is a reflection on how balanced this region is. Of course every region has a couple of cupcake games but year in and year out this region has the big dogs in it every year. When teams like Catholic, Fulton, and A-E play each other for the second time in the play-offs, I do think there is the "revenge" factor and it's just too hard to beat teams of this caliber twice in a season, but it can be done just nobody does it. I like what the Irish have coming back on Defense to repeat in the regular season but i'm making no prediction on the postseason just yet.

QUOTE(HappyHour22 @ May 1 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826449207[/snapback]ruse?,

I think it is a reflection on how balanced this region is. Of course every region has a couple of cupcake games but year in and year out this region has the big dogs in it every year. When teams like Catholic, Fulton, and A-E play each other for the second time in the play-offs, I do think there is the "revenge" factor and it's just too hard to beat teams of this caliber twice in a season, but it can be done just nobody does it. I like what the Irish have coming back on Defense to repeat in the regular season but i'm making no prediction on the postseason just yet.

HappyHour22.

A 3 Peat for the Irish huh? AE has a bunch back on D as well. Kenny Jones LB is a good one. Put up good #s last yr. Thought he might be getting more looks from the bigger programs after his good showing @ the US Army AA Combine in Jan. Must be strong. Won the KIL shot put. You are right about the balance/revenge thing. The 3 Peat will be tough with non region games @ Webb, Baylor, Morristown West. Could get worn down. AC will be better, and Kingston can get after it as well. I guess the flip side is they will be ready come playoffs:) BTW, I heard Cathloic is to scrimmage Rhea County. When/where would be much apperciated. Thanks.

ruse?

ruse?,

I agree with you on Kenny Jones, he's great and will hopefully have a great season and go somewhere and represent knoxville. I also think that A-E has got the players to win it. Here's my thing, A-E can't have their moments where for example they let Catholic (Hartmann) carry the ball like 17 times for i think 90 yards in the first half, on the same play and never adjusted. Why Catholic didn't go back to that more....i dont know. Why did Catholic not throw the ball in the second half vs Fulton....only God knows! But anyways Catholic scrimmages @ Rhea County. The date is uncertain due to Catholic has no qb. All 4 play baseball.

QUOTE(HappyHour22 @ May 1 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826449296[/snapback]ruse?,

I agree with you on Kenny Jones, he's great and will hopefully have a great season and go somewhere and represent knoxville. I also think that A-E has got the players to win it. Here's my thing, A-E can't have their moments where for example they let Catholic (Hartmann) carry the ball like 17 times for i think 90 yards in the first half, on the same play and never adjusted. Why Catholic didn't go back to that more....i dont know. Why did Catholic not throw the ball in the second half vs Fulton....only God knows! But anyways Catholic scrimmages @ Rhea County. The date is uncertain due to Catholic has no qb. All 4 play baseball.

OK, but the football team only needs one, and he probably won't throw it....to your point:) I thought the smaller schools shared, especially the faith based ones? Just kidding. Thanks for the update, and please let us know about that scrimmage. I'm trying to catch a bunch of them.

ruse?