Region 6-3A

toinemac

With South Side taking major losses from last years team there will probably be a new king in this proverbial castle

1a. Bolivar 6-5 (4-2) last year ousted in the first round by Giles Co. Lose only 3 starters on both sides of the ball. Junior and Senior Heavy everyone on the returners and replacements have loads of experience some most guys are 3 year starters. Key Losses RB Cordale Tucker and LBs Austin Scott and Jamarious Barber and NT Randall Richmond. Key Players This Year QB Jason Overton WRs Mitch Ross Clint Barnes DL Dontell Woods LB Jon Armour S Garrick Hall

1b. Lexington 6-5 (5-1) last year ousted in the first round by Spring Hill Like Bolivar was relatively young last year but talented and well coached Did really well in what was expected to be a rebuilding year for them i expect them to open up the offense a little more this year especially with that kid Threadgill at QB he is a real talent

3 Fayette-Ware 6-5 (3-3) last year ousted in the first round by David Lipscomb Definitely a team on the rise FW over the last two years has drastically improved i expect that trend to remain unchanged they lose their star Bonner but there are lots of athletes in that area so replacing him will probably be no problem

4 South Side 11-1 (6-0) Last year ousted in round 2 by Giles Co. definitely the big dogs of the yard last year they took huge losses on both sides of the ball but being the great program it is i expect they will make a good showing this year and still make the playoffs

5 Chester County 0-10 (0-6) Did not make the playoffs last year also a young team last year i expect them to be better this year with a little experience

6 McNairy County 2-8 (1-5) Did not make the playoffs last year I dont kno what to expect from the Bobcats i kno last year was a disaster that might be repeated

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(toinemac @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826441044[/snapback]With South Side taking major losses from last years team there will probably be a new king in this proverbial castle

1a. Bolivar 6-5 (4-2) last year ousted in the first round by Giles Co. Lose only 3 starters on both sides of the ball. Junior and Senior Heavy everyone on the returners and replacements have loads of experience some most guys are 3 year starters. Key Losses RB Cordale Tucker and LBs Austin Scott and Jamarious Barber and NT Randall Richmond. Key Players This Year QB Jason Overton WRs Mitch Ross Clint Barnes DL Dontell Woods LB Jon Armour S Garrick Hall

1b. Lexington 6-5 (5-1) last year ousted in the first round by Spring Hill Like Bolivar was relatively young last year but talented and well coached Did really well in what was expected to be a rebuilding year for them i expect them to open up the offense a little more this year especially with that kid Threadgill at QB he is a real talent

3 Fayette-Ware 6-5 (3-3) last year ousted in the first round by David Lipscomb Definitely a team on the rise FW over the last two years has drastically improved i expect that trend to remain unchanged they lose their star Bonner but there are lots of athletes in that area so replacing him will probably be no problem

4 South Side 11-1 (6-0) Last year ousted in round 2 by Giles Co. definitely the big dogs of the yard last year they took huge losses on both sides of the ball but being the great program it is i expect they will make a good showing this year and still make the playoffs

5 Chester County 0-10 (0-6) Did not make the playoffs last year also a young team last year i expect them to be better this year with a little experience

6 McNairy County 2-8 (1-5) Did not make the playoffs last year I dont kno what to expect from the Bobcats i kno last year was a disaster that might be repeated

Liberty Tech being in 4A in football next year really hurts this region from top-to-bottom in terms of power ratings. JSS had seniors everywhere on the field last year and they were a great football team. Cheatham Co. played lights out against them but two costly mistakes plus the inability to stop Forrest did them in. Giles Co. was much more solid against the run and they too made some plays against a JSS defense that for 10 weeks looked great but for the two games in the playoffs they were exposed against two solid midstate programs. Outside of JSS every other team in the region was really young last year and it showed in the results of the four opening round playoff games with Lipscomb, Spring Hill, & Giles Co. all advancing. Fayette Ware was solid at the start of last year but having to forfeit some games did them in emotionally for a couple of weeks. That's how they wound up playing Lipscomb. Bolivar & Lexington were both really young last year and this time around I expect for them to battle it out for the region title.

2007 Region 6-3A Standings

1.) Bolivar-Lexington WINNER

2.) Bolivar-Lexington LOSER

3.) Jackson South Side

4.) McNairy Central

5.) Fayette Ware

6.) Chester Co.

I have watched Bolivar some this spring and I watched them scrimmage JCM in Jackson. Many of there players were playing baseball. I know it's only spring, but I am very impressed with Bolivar's line play on offense and defense. They really played well against a very athletic JCM team. BTW, the lb from JCM, Hardin, that kid is the truth!

QUOTE(truhoopsfan @ Apr 23 2007 - 04:36 PM) 826443585[/snapback]I have watched Bolivar some this spring and I watched them scrimmage JCM in Jackson. Many of there players were playing baseball. I know it's only spring, but I am very impressed with Bolivar's line play on offense and defense. They really played well against a very athletic JCM team. BTW, the lb from JCM, Hardin, that kid is the truth!

Hardin was good but the QB Hawkins was awesome

QUOTE(truhoopsfan @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826444150[/snapback]Who was the rb for Bolivar? That kid was quick and ran really well. He and Josh Pirtle will be a fine rb tandem for Bolivar next year.

That was actually my brother Garrick Hall number 32 if u keep up with Bolivar Football he also plays safety on the defense

QUOTE(toinemac @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826441044[/snapback]1b. Lexington 6-5 (5-1) last year ousted in the first round by Spring Hill Like Bolivar was relatively young last year but talented and well coached Did really well in what was expected to be a rebuilding year for them i expect them to open up the offense a little more this year especially with that kid Threadgill at QB he is a real talent

Threadgill is a senior this year, so he will be gone next season. Colton Taylor looked pretty good at QB in the spring. 6'3 Deshaun Kizer was a freshman last year and started at WR and CB, he should have a great sophomore season also.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Apr 27 2007 - 05:26 PM) 826447094[/snapback]Threadgill is a senior this year, so he will be gone next season. Colton Taylor looked pretty good at QB in the spring. 6'3 Deshaun Kizer was a freshman last year and started at WR and CB, he should have a great sophomore season also.

Colton Taylor just sounds like a kid born to be a QB.

Who did Lexington scrimmage and how did they fare?