Bearden...tough week ahead

dins8

So, Bearden passed their first test with a very strong performance at the McMinn County tournament. Now for their next test, will Maryville be able to knock them off tomorrow night.

I think overall Bearden is a better team. They play very North-South and make the most of their opportunities when they get them. If Maryville can spread them out and make them play East-West and get their defense spread out, I think Maryville might have a chance. However, if they get caught in transition with Bearden's quick restarts and 100 yard punts by Walker, it could be a long day. Maryville is a dangerous team, especially against stiff competition. Maryville always gets up for Bearden, so I'm going to go ahead and step out on a very small limb and say Maryville wins 2-0. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ Apr 23 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826443618[/snapback]So, Bearden passed their first test with a very strong performance at the McMinn County tournament. Now for their next test, will Maryville be able to knock them off tomorrow night.

I think overall Bearden is a better team. They play very North-South and make the most of their opportunities when they get them. If Maryville can spread them out and make them play East-West and get their defense spread out, I think Maryville might have a chance. However, if they get caught in transition with Bearden's quick restarts and 100 yard punts by Walker, it could be a long day. Maryville is a dangerous team, especially against stiff competition. Maryville always gets up for Bearden, so I'm going to go ahead and step out on a very small limb and say Maryville wins 2-0. Good luck to both teams.

NedNutterjunk-Wow! 2-0 Maryville. OKAY.

i for one see Bearden beating both of these teams.. Bearden is not as tired as people think. I would like to think that with such high scoring games (and shut outs) that they were able to put in their other players and rest up.

I think Bearden will win every district game this year and go in the post season ranked 1st in the district.

i do nto see how some people think that such a consistent and strong team will falter against the teams that have proven to be more competetive but not at the same level yet.

and Bearden's defense is looking stronger and stronger with these low scores against them and shut outs.

and it seems Bearden always finds the net.

p.s. if a team is to score on them i think it will be South Doyle because that Nate kid is pretty tricky, he is like a little samurai out there.

QUOTE(kingoftheblurbs @ Apr 23 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826443645[/snapback]NedNutterjunk-Wow! 2-0 Maryville. OKAY.

King...Cut Natterjack a break. Is he not entitled to his opinion? I, too, think Maryville has a good chance tonight. But, again, I think SD might knock Bearden off if Maryville doesn't.

Does making a bold prediction make me an idiot?

I am just having fun with predictions, and Natterjack probably is too. Don't take it so seriously. At least Natterjack stated his opinion about why he thinks Maryville might win. You came back by calling him Nutterjunk.

All in good fun...no offense as always.

Bearden 2 Maryville 0

Bearden 3 South Doyle 1

Bearden is tooooo strong all over the field for both these teams. Of course they will have some chances, but the KEEPER for Bearden is one of the best in the state! (if not THE best)

Eric Turner will have his team mentally ready as always...and the post-season is almost here!

Good luck to all !!!

I think you all have it wrong. Bearden will not fall to either one of these foes. They are a stonger team than you give them credit for against very good teams which Maryville and South Doyle are. I think Bearden will fall but not until districts.

Bearden 2-0 Maryville

Bearden 3-0 South Doyle

No direspect to those to teams, just hustle on Bearden's side....

QUOTE(kingoftheblurbs @ Apr 23 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826443645[/snapback]NedNutterjunk-Wow! 2-0 Maryville. OKAY.

Yeah, so it might be a little bold, knowing how good a team Bearden is. But how smart will I look if it turns out right?!?! They'll start calling me Yoda and dins8 will finally reveal himself.

Ha, just kidding. I think it is more fun trying to guess who people are on here.

But good luck kingoftheblurbs. I hope your well, thought-out insight proves to be worth your while.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826444204[/snapback]So he is a coach, Hmmmmmmm. Wonder who he coaches do I.

I think he is a current or former highschool coach... He talked about getting slammed by the "press" when he beat a team 15-0. (The press wouldn't care what a club coach would do). He is coaching now (based on his post about his players in a different thread)

I have an idea of who he is, but I am going to keep that to myself.

Back to the topic, I don't think Bearden will get tired. Shoot, they have a roster of 30+ and pretty decent depth. I think they will win out the week.