who is the best pitcher out of a and aa schools

theFREAK_3

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Apr 22 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826443003[/snapback]Will Clinard from East Robertson has to be mentioned in this class. He had Vanderbilts pitching coach at the game when he pitched against us, and he is just a Junior!!

This kid truely is the real deal and hes a great kid also...also vandys head coach coach corbin has come out to watch him throw once or twice. Has been clocked at 93 numerous times with good command and a nasty curveball.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(o-ya @ Apr 22 2007 - 06:31 PM) 826442930[/snapback]AA its a close race between josh garland of megis and britt shaw of central

Please tell me you do not believe that! These two are average pitchers, Garland being the best of the two and probably the best in this district. There is alot better pitching in other A and AA districts, 5AA does not have anyone that I would even consider being a top pitcher in the state.

Region 1 District 1 A Standings

1. Unaka (5-2)- Andrew Church (Sr) - Really Fast, they went to state in 06

2. University School (5-2) - Fleenor (Sr) - Can throw pretty hard, pretty good backup in the field

Don't know their stats but here is ours.

3. North Greene (4-3) - Ryan Hopson - (4-3) 48 Innings 23 Earned Runs 14 Unearned Runs 51 Hits 37K 30BB 7HBP 25 Errors made by the team with him on the mound. He has wins against Hampton, Unaka, University School, Gatlinburg Pitman (AA) His losses are to Unaka, Chuckey Doak (AA), and University School. THe best thing about Ryan is he is just a Sophomore. His dad was a great pitcher for North Greene in the mid 80's and I believe he played minor league ball.

4. Hampton (3-5) - Puckett

5. Cloudland (1-6) - Capps

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:04 AM) 826443228[/snapback]Cascade has a solid staff. I have girls playing softball so unfortunately I haven't seen them much. MoMo Stewart is a junior who has drawn a lot of attention from College scouts including Tennessee.

Stewart is a good high school pitcher but the looks he is getting from Corbin and Delmonico are for his play at shortstop. He will have to improve offensively to play at Vandy or Tennessee and will in all likelyhood choose to go to a baseball Juco like Walters State to keep from having to red-shirt. He will get immediate playing time that way and still have two years to play in the SEC. He was at the Vandy-Tenn game this weekend and saw three close games. Either school would be a good choice for him. He is a good kid from good family and would be an asset to either program.