south pitt

chatttown29

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 2 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826449714[/snapback]Is the qb returning?

Cody Robinson is returning for his Senior season. He is very good at running the Wing-T offense and is working hard to improve his passing skills. Terrell Robinson (rising SO) is a very talented back-up who could push for playing time. Two freshmen, Cole Tucker (starting QB on Whitwell's JR High team last year) and Travis Millard (starting QB on SP's JR High team (9-0, SCV Champions)) will be the two being looked at behind them.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 1 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826449648[/snapback]Need more than a few but that is a good sign. Being hungry is good but it will take more than that

You have a 6'-1", 275 lb 8th grader moving up (along with a couple of other linemen). I know what he can do and I'll bet he sees playing time first if he works hard in the off season. I have heard about the kid who moved in. He will have to prove himself next week when the pads go on and then he has to make it through 2 a days. 300 lbs doesn't prove he is tough just big. I hope he turns out to be an all-american but we will see

They have been working hard and must keep it up. A lack of leadership anywhere is problem (Weak link and all) but a leader doesn't always have to be a senior. Somebody has to step up

I'm confident that someone will step up and take the riens. I've also heard that SP got a new RB tranfer, Like they really needed another guy in that position... Who knows maybe he will make the others step up thier game this off season.

How did the 40 times for everyone look. I heard the quickest was 5.0 ran by Cartrez Bibs. Is this true. Who was the second fastest. And the fastest lineman running a 5.7? Dominic Garret. Please clarify which are rummors and which are true

QUOTE(Footballgeek @ May 3 2007 - 02:04 PM) 826450951[/snapback]I'm confident that someone will step up and take the riens. I've also heard that SP got a new RB tranfer, Like they really needed another guy in that position... Who knows maybe he will make the others step up thier game this off season.

How did the 40 times for everyone look. I heard the quickest was 5.0 ran by Cartrez Bibs. Is this true. Who was the second fastest. And the fastest lineman running a 5.7? Dominic Garret. Please clarify which are rummors and which are true

I haven't heard about a new running back. I believe your times are off a little. What I was told was one 4.4 and a few in the 4.5 range for our backs. I haven't heard any times on lineman. Springs starts next week so we will see more then

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Apr 29 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826448122[/snapback]Last i checked most coaches don't like players on hear and everyone on hear is either a dad or a former player, so it would seem like you are the fish out of water.

You appear to be on the team and sadly i would still trust zonepirates information on the team more than you but i will try asking you anyways. What makes you think you will be better this year than the last two?? Correct me if i am wrong but in the past two years South Pitt has lost it's three biggest 1A games and only one of them was a close game worth watching. With the basic team still intact will we finally see some heart and discipline that is apparently laking on the South Pitt sideline?? I honestly think the talent has been there but for whatever reason it has not been in action all at once.

As for playing someone from Region 4, i honestly do hope that if South Pitt plays gville, or trousdale or FCS that it is a really great game. I respect their program and town alot, i just don't like hearing about greatness and never seeing it.

ok color boy why you want to be hatin so bad on sp? if you think all these posts are from parents and old people you dont no nothing. most of our team posts on here. i no lots of other players from other schools that post on here. you need to just stay up there in knoxville and keep your nose out of our business. yeah im a junior on the team. the reason i say we are going to be better is cause we got better team leadership this year. not taking nothing away from last years seniors but they didnt no how to be leaders. they was a lot of trouble in the team that kept us from playing well at times. too many people thinking they was the superstars. this year aint like that. our seniors are hungry for a ring and they are pushing the young guys in a good way. we get along better now and we all are working for the same thing. our young guys are good and top to bottom we have as good a team as has been here in a long time. plus we are working together instead of against each other. we play a tough nonconference schedule that will help get us ready for playoffs. this year will be different.

QUOTE(Outburst @ May 5 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826452362[/snapback]ok color boy why you want to be hatin so bad on sp? if you think all these posts are from parents and old people you dont no nothing. most of our team posts on here. i no lots of other players from other schools that post on here. you need to just stay up there in knoxville and keep your nose out of our business. yeah im a junior on the team. the reason i say we are going to be better is cause we got better team leadership this year. not taking nothing away from last years seniors but they didnt no how to be leaders. they was a lot of trouble in the team that kept us from playing well at times. too many people thinking they was the superstars. this year aint like that. our seniors are hungry for a ring and they are pushing the young guys in a good way. we get along better now and we all are working for the same thing. our young guys are good and top to bottom we have as good a team as has been here in a long time. plus we are working together instead of against each other. we play a tough nonconference schedule that will help get us ready for playoffs. this year will be different.

The truth is i take an interest in south pitt fooball because i like it. I would prefere to have an interest in a horrible team in a football town, than a great team where the town could care less. So when i look at a team with lots of talent in a football town that has underpreformed i get a little curious why.

As for a ring i am glad you are hungry for it. Push each other to get one, heck if i make you mad on coachT and that makes you want to prove yourselves even more than power to you. That non-confrence schedule against Tyner (a team that Gordonsville and FCS have never even played i believe) and boyd Buchanan (a team that i know FCS has never been able to beat) will really help you come playoff time with the three good talent teams from region 4.

I think it would probobly suprise both of us the number of posters on coachT who are still in their high school playing days. I was under the assumption that alot of coaches had rules against it for their teams. Basically a "we would rather you train to win than talk about winning" concept. If the coach at South Pitt doesn't have this rule then it is not my place to question it. Although to be honest, hearing that most of south pitts team posts on coachT i will probobly start to take that into consideration when i hear threads started like last years "south pitt 15-0?".

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 5 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826452408[/snapback]The truth is i take an interest in south pitt fooball because i like it. I would prefere to have an interest in a horrible team in a football town, than a great team where the town could care less. So when i look at a team with lots of talent in a football town that has underpreformed i get a little curious why.

As for a ring i am glad you are hungry for it. Push each other to get one, heck if i make you mad on coachT and that makes you want to prove yourselves even more than power to you. That non-confrence schedule against Tyner (a team that Gordonsville and FCS have never even played i believe) and boyd Buchanan (a team that i know FCS has never been able to beat) will really help you come playoff time with the three good talent teams from region 4.

I think it would probobly suprise both of us the number of posters on coachT who are still in their high school playing days. I was under the assumption that alot of coaches had rules against it for their teams. Basically a "we would rather you train to win than talk about winning" concept. If the coach at South Pitt doesn't have this rule then it is not my place to question it. Although to be honest, hearing that most of south pitts team posts on coachT i will probobly start to take that into consideration when i hear threads started like last years "south pitt 15-0?".

I see your post.. I haven't seen any "Hatin" you should know.. That most players really do post.. South Pittsburg is probably the most football orienited town I've ever lived in. And I've lived in a lot. Not only is it a football oreinted town its a football oriented county. The whole place lives, breathes, and plays FOOTBALL. I love it. I can't wait to see the Tyner game. The Boyd game is always a great game because of the intense rivalry.

QUOTE(Footballgeek @ May 5 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826452565[/snapback]I see your post.. I haven't seen any "Hatin" you should know.. That most players really do post.. South Pittsburg is probably the most football orienited town I've ever lived in. And I've lived in a lot. Not only is it a football oreinted town its a football oriented county. The whole place lives, breathes, and plays FOOTBALL. I love it. I can't wait to see the Tyner game. The Boyd game is always a great game because of the intense rivalry.

I have been reading alot of the post in single A. I think this will be another good year for all. evryone has a even chance at the blue cross bowl. the season alway seperates the contenders from the pretenders. so talk it up, I will keep reading. There

some truth in ever post. We all love high school football!

QUOTE(chatttown29 @ May 5 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826452589[/snapback]im gettin tired of all these grace people( like fargen01) talking crap so when SP play grace ill make sure to put here on the board how much we dominated grace and ill be lookin for fargen

what are you talking about, grace is not even mentioned on this topic. Of course SP will dominate grace! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" d-uh

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 5 2007 - 07:37 PM) 826452575[/snapback]I have been reading alot of the post in single A. I think this will be another good year for all. evryone has a even chance at the blue cross bowl. the season alway seperates the contenders from the pretenders. so talk it up, I will keep reading. There

some truth in ever post. We all love high school football!

Very true! This will be a great year because not only is there a lack of a shoe in champion, there is even a void on who to chalk up to be in the game! There are many good teams on either side of the braket and each has a good claim to making it to the burro.