Marshall Co. 2, Giles Co. 1 - WP Judd Stoltz - 10 K's

PageMan

Giles Co...........0..0..0....0..1..0....0.....1..3..1

Marshall Co......0..0..1....1..0..0....X.....2..3..2

Winning Pitcher - Judd Stoltz - 7 inn - 1 run - 1 ER - 3 hits - 10 K - 2 walks

Losing Pitcher - Clay Sanderson - 6 inn - 2 runs - 2 ER - 3 hits - 1 K - 3 walks

Marshall Co. scored 1 run in the bottom of the 3rd as Jake Lintz walked and his CR Cory Duval advanced to 2nd on a sac. bunt by Brad Barnes, advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch, and scored on a sac. fly by Justin McQueen.

Marshall Co. added what would be the winning run in the bottom of the 4th as Cody Primm singled, advanced to 2nd on a sac. bunt by Koda Watkins, advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch, and scored on a single by Seth Nance.

Giles Co.'s run came in the top of the 5th as Sam Edgmon singled, advanced to 2nd on a sac. bunt by Brent Hargrove, and scored on a double by Kelby Sutton.

Giles threatened to score in both the 6th and 7th innings as runners reached both 2nd and 3rd in both innings, but Marshall Co.'s defense and Judd Stoltz' pitching held them scoreless to take the win at 2-1 and are the regular season district champs. Congratulations Tigers.

Congrats to all the tigers for the big win for i know lewisburg is proud of all of you. Pageman thanks for the up dates and hope you keep them coming for all of us for you go out of your way to bring everyone on coacht updates on alot of games that you dont even have to go to, but i know you love the hotdogs at the ball parks. And once again THANKS for all you do for all the teams in the area.

Thanks, superironout. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy coming down to Lewisburg as I'm only about 30 min away. I like talking with your coaches before the games and have made many friends with your parents. The food is good there and usually there are pretty good games down there as last night proved. The Senior Night presentation was good as I got to see some parents I didn't know along with their sons. Rick did a good job of announcing everyone and it was interesting to hear their accomplishments during high school and their plans for next year. Good luck to them all in the coming years.

The play-in games will be Thurs. May 3 with Loretto hosting Lewis Co. and Page hosting Spring Hill. On Monday, May 7, Marshall Co. will host the winner of Page/Spring Hill while Giles Co. will host the winner of Loretto/Lewis Co. After the play-in games, the tournament becomes double-elimination with the winners hosting the games as far as I know. The complete schedule will be set at the coaches' meeting which I believe is Wed, May 2.

I won't speculate on who will beat who or how far any team will go.

The regionals could be tough against those 9-AA teams.