bad grass causes loss

liverpool fc 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nick27 @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826444684[/snapback]champions of what???????????? Enjoy the win. Wait till it is 1 and done

Champions.... you know, those teams that don't whine... There is nothing more irritating than a group of 11 whiners on the field that complain and complain about bad reffing or field conditions... Honestly, if your game relies on perfect reffing and perfect field conditions, you don't deserve to win in the first place. I understand that bad conditions make it harder, but the champions get it done as opposed to whining about it.

QUOTE(spb @ Apr 25 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826444791[/snapback]If anyone actually saw this field, they would know the post about it was tongue in cheek.

I am sorry to say that there is something rather nostalgic about walking onto a field of pure clover and feeling the absolute bliss of watching the level pass hit a bump and miss direct a ball into the back of the net. I am one who would always argue that the perfect mix of Fescue and a winter rye will yield the ultimate playing surface. One just cannot compete on anything less. It almost becomes hard to hide ones composure when a green playing surface opens up to a victory. I will agree that that a bad field allows a very different play. Next time we should find a neutral site with a knee high, overgrown swamp grass and see who emerges without a snake bit or some random disease undiscovered here in the US. Better yet, let’s just take the game to a new level and play on a mixture of a grass mid-field with a concrete 18 yard box and a sandbox six. This would be great, a bad keep could then build a sand castle and kick it at who ever is attacking them thus allowing the chance of sand getting into the attacking players eyes. I think the game would be great then.

Congrats to CHS that was a tough one I am sure. Next time I do feel that if a fescue hybrid cannot be found that a new offspring of grass needs to be planted and produce a hybrid form Zoesia (SP). Ohhhhhh baby that would be nice... Green field here we come.

QUOTE(turtleboy @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826444956[/snapback]I'd prefer a nice artificial turf (like the one on my grandma's porch...!)

I agree artificial turf would be awesome, you wouldnt have to worry about hybrids, or crossbreeding, or underseeding or over watering, about limestone or sandsttone or crabgrass preventer or fertilizers or artificial enzymes.

QUOTE(soccer44 @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:23 PM) 826445168[/snapback]i find it ironic that people are claiming Brentwood lost cause of the field, but wasnt this game played on their own field? If you wanna play on a better field take better care of it

yeah, I agree completely. plus, they didn't score anyway

QUOTE(soccer44 @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826445168[/snapback]i find it ironic that people are claiming Brentwood lost cause of the field, but wasnt this game played on their own field? If you wanna play on a better field take better care of it

Have you not figured out yet that it wasn't someone from Brentwood talking about the field conditions?

QUOTE(liverpool fc 8 @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826445130[/snapback]I agree artificial turf would be awesome, you wouldnt have to worry about hybrids, or crossbreeding, or underseeding or over watering, about limestone or sandsttone or crabgrass preventer or fertilizers or artificial enzymes.

i agree with this and your other posts. i think you were right about saying a 30 to 1 hybrid would be great. i think it would produce great control over the ball and your touches. i also think that the artificial enzymes u mentioned would work wonders for the game of soccer.