bad grass causes loss

liverpool fc 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(liverpool fc 8 @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826445130[/snapback]I agree artificial turf would be awesome, you wouldnt have to worry about hybrids, or crossbreeding, or underseeding or over watering, about limestone or sandsttone or crabgrass preventer or fertilizers or artificial enzymes.

From what i have heard a 1 to 2 to 1 ratio of some bermuda : winter rye : kentucky bluegrass goes really well together and keeps a field in great conditions throughout the whole year. it gives you a nice touch on the soccer ball and gives you nice clean crisp shots.

QUOTE(liverpool fc 8 @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826444674[/snapback]I would suggest maybe going with a fescue winter rye 30 to 1 hybrid, it would fill in the bare spots while at the same time giving the entire field a consistent base seed.

i don't see how you're serious about this. i mean if you're gonna make excuses, there are many more choices than blaming the grass. if brentwood is blaming the grass for their loss to centennial, then they have bigger problems than this one loss.

liverpool fc 8, keep in mind that centennial was playing on the exact same grass you were.

QUOTE(turtleboy @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:13 AM) 826445700[/snapback]I like playing on Kentucky Fescue that is in patches, so the you have to dribble through and around them. Fescue patches or as I like to call them "Nature's cones" ... Why purchase a $1 cone if Nature can give them for free!

I would go with the thermal blue/centipede mix... It has a well established root system and is a hardy grass. It comes from the grass farms of Nebraska and proves to be a the perfect winter mix.

QUOTE(MortonC @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826445922[/snapback]I would go with the thermal blue/centipede mix... It has a well established root system and is a hardy grass. It comes from the grass farms of Nebraska and proves to be a the perfect winter mix.

I agree with morton c, the centpede mix does an amazing job at germinationg where pratically no other breed will. It is a little pricy but it has a reputatution of holding up against the elements that is well deserved.

QUOTE(turtleboy @ Apr 26 2007 - 07:13 AM) 826445700[/snapback]I like playing on Kentucky Fescue that is in patches, so the you have to dribble through and around them. Fescue patches or as I like to call them "Nature's cones" ... Why purchase a $1 cone if Nature can give them for free!

I agree with turtleboy the kentucky fescue can not only be used as natures cone but it can also be used inside the 18 in case of a pk or goal kick, the random lumps of grass will allow the goaly to tee up his goalkick allowing for possibly longer goal kick and more break aways on both sides of the field. Now that would make the games exciting.

QUOTE(longdonsilver17 @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826446864[/snapback]f9d whoever started this forum is a joke. even if field conditions stink u still have to play in them. both teams have to play through it and obviously your team couldnt. get over it, if this is that huge of a deterrant to your strategy than i guess its time you either make it an indoor team or start practicing on gravel.

you do not understand the humor of this thread