MCMINN CENTRAL?

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 3 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826450963[/snapback]This will be the year of the CHARGERS ... They will go 8-2 and lose to a non-region team.. They have a lot of key returning players from last years team and adding some key players from the baseball team that took last year off to play fall ball. If the rumor is true there is 10 baseball players coming out to wear the Big Blue

I dont think they will beat my hustlintigers or meigs so they will loose two region games

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 5 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826452633[/snapback]Well i guess you will see when you come to God's country next fall you will see a much

better team than last years.

Good young team returning almost all the starters from last year's team. Will be tested early in season opener with the Loudon Redskins. Several baseball players are returning to football. Skilled positions will be deep with the addition of the baseball players. Team must be ready to play every week. Chargers need to take it one game at a time. Just do not need to worry about Howard at this point. Everyone can evaluate the Chargers when they battle the Cherokees in the spring game. This should be a lively contest.

I think they will be better than last year Im just a hustlintiger fan. I remember when Howard had the best hands down in the region and lost to McMinn at McMinn. So I know that anything can happen. That year howard blew almost everyone out but lost to McMinn in the third game of the season. Then McMinn turned around and lost to brainerd the following week after brainerd lost to city the week before. Good luck to McMinn in this upcoming season.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 26 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826446073[/snapback]I've heard a lot of smack talking about how good the Chargers could be, but I still don't think they will have what it takes to beat Meigs, Polk, ND, Howard, East Ridge.

You're absolutely right. While the Chargers will have talent, the coaching has a lot to be desired.

Lord, I could do a Top Ten on why McMinn Central will have yet another losing season this fall and I/we had such high hopes...

Breaks my heart.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(Yeehaw @ May 16 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826460231[/snapback]You're absolutely right. While the Chargers will have talent, the coaching has a lot to be desired.

Lord, I could do a Top Ten on why McMinn Central will have yet another losing season this fall and I/we had such high hopes...

Breaks my heart.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I've been waiting for your top ten. Here's some reasons why they will be in the winning column more next year, and espesially years to come.

1. Having the first Football camp for youth that I have ever known about at Central. (Works for basketball)

2. Youth league to begin playing at Central, with youth coaches spending the summer to learn Central ball.

3. Players are hitting the weight room with the average player adding 15-20 lbs of musle. (Best Guess)

4. No drop off in talent from graduated Seniors. The younger ones are as good.

5. The players are one year older. Not heavy in Freshmen and Sophomores, Sophomores and Juniors this coming year.

6. Some good leaders in the Senior class.

7. Boys getting letters of interest from colleges. This helps the "Scholarship Conscience" think of football as an option.

8. School board starting to spend money for improvements on the east side of the creek.

9. After a good scrimmage with Alcoa and McMinn, the team's starting to understand, "THEY CAN PLAY."

There's not ten reasons there, but those are the brightest spots that McMinn Central has seen in their football program in a LONG time. And you may want a spread O, a wishbone, or something specific O or D, but the fact is that the present coaches are the direct cause for the list above. I think they have a game plan that will win games, and build a team. Next year and the years to follow.

• 1 month later...

I've been waiting for your top ten. Here's some reasons why they will be in the winning column more next year, and espesially years to come.

1. Having the first Football camp for youth that I have ever known about at Central. (Works for basketball)

2. Youth league to begin playing at Central, with youth coaches spending the summer to learn Central ball.

3. Players are hitting the weight room with the average player adding 15-20 lbs of musle. (Best Guess)

4. No drop off in talent from graduated Seniors. The younger ones are as good.

5. The players are one year older. Not heavy in Freshmen and Sophomores, Sophomores and Juniors this coming year.

6. Some good leaders in the Senior class.

7. Boys getting letters of interest from colleges. This helps the "Scholarship Conscience" think of football as an option.

8. School board starting to spend money for improvements on the east side of the creek.

9. After a good scrimmage with Alcoa and McMinn, the team's starting to understand, "THEY CAN PLAY."

There's not ten reasons there, but those are the brightest spots that McMinn Central has seen in their football program in a LONG time. And you may want a spread O, a wishbone, or something specific O or D, but the fact is that the present coaches are the direct cause for the list above. I think they have a game plan that will win games, and build a team. Next year and the years to follow.

and number 10 why McMinn Central wont do nothing again.

They are too worried about keeping Polk County and Meigs County's student section off their field. HA HA

Can't do it - most of my posts get deleted due to the high truth and reality content.

CoachT only allows fluff and happy thoughts.

Go figure.

The truth and reality is that McMinn Central is improved in all phases of the game. But improvement does not mean more wins. The Chargers still face an uphill stuggle to win against quality teams. In order to prove themselves, they will have to beat the region favorites ND, Howard, Polk and Meigs. I am sure that Coach Davies and Coach Martin are not taking the Chargers as an automatic W. Yeehaw, let's let the season begin and we will see how it unfolds. But enjoy the season watching the Red and Blue.

The truth and reality is that McMinn Central is improved in all phases of the game. But improvement does not mean more wins. The Chargers still face an uphill stuggle to win against quality teams. In order to prove themselves, they will have to beat the region favorites ND, Howard, Polk and Meigs. I am sure that Coach Davies and Coach Martin are not taking the Chargers as an automatic W. Yeehaw, let's let the season begin and we will see how it unfolds. But enjoy the season watching the Red and Blue.

I think your exactly right. Central isn't going to be a power-house that runs over everyone in the region, but they are going to be competitive and that is reason for Central fans to be excited. Central will demand respect, but they are also going to have to beat some pretty good teams to improve their record. We're just excited that there will be 10 games worth watching, and hopefully 11 or more.

I think your exactly right. Central isn't going to be a power-house that runs over everyone in the region, but they are going to be competitive and that is reason for Central fans to be excited. Central will demand respect, but they are also going to have to beat some pretty good teams to improve their record. We're just excited that there will be 10 games worth watching, and hopefully 11 or more.

How excited are you about the Red Nation CHARGing the field on you all again this year???? All I got to say is "if" PCHS pulls it out, you better watch it because the students aren't holding back this year. I PROMISE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WILL STOP US!!!!!!!!!

How excited are you about the Red Nation CHARGing the field on you all again this year???? All I got to say is "if" PCHS pulls it out, you better watch it because the students aren't holding back this year. I PROMISE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WILL STOP US!!!!!!!!!

You can charge the field if you win. That problem will be up to YOUR school's staff to handle this year.