Antioch Spring Practice

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Letsplayball @ May 1 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826449045[/snapback]This could be a big year for the Bears under second year coach Woodard! Anyone know when the Bears are having Spring practice?

Any spring scrimmages?? Im predicting big things for McAdoo and Co.!!!

Woodward did a great job last season changing the attitudes of the players and turning them into contenders. The kids respect Woodward and are willing to make the sacrafices needed to become winners. Its that time again in Metro and things should be interesting in the next couple weeks.

If BOTH TEAMS in fact play all of their "studs" on May 11th then the scrimmage between Antioch & Pearl Cohn should be a really exciting one to go and see.

I spoke of this on the other thread titled "Hillsboro" but I must say it again. Woodard at Antioch, Brunetti at Pearl Cohn, & Blade at Hillsboro ALL had outstanding years in their first seasons at these three programs. In 2007 those three teams should all easily contend for Gold Balls in 3A, 4A, & 5A respectively.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Big Country @ May 1 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826449158[/snapback]If BOTH TEAMS in fact play all of their "studs" on May 11th then the scrimmage between Antioch & Pearl Cohn should be a really exciting one to go and see.

I spoke of this on the other thread titled "Hillsboro" but I must say it again. Woodard at Antioch, Brunetti at Pearl Cohn, & Blade at Hillsboro ALL had outstanding years in their first seasons at these three programs. In 2007 those three teams should all easily contend for Gold Balls in 3A, 4A, & 5A respectively.

Agreed about the coaching. I think all three have a solid nucleus returning but do have some holes to fill. Hillsboro has its key play makers back and so does Pearl in Mason. I look forward to seeing Mason at the scrimmage.

QUOTE(Big Country @ May 1 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826449158[/snapback]If BOTH TEAMS in fact play all of their "studs" on May 11th then the scrimmage between Antioch & Pearl Cohn should be a really exciting one to go and see.

Easily compete for gold balls? WOW thats a mighty big prediciton.

Man what a great scrimmage! Where and what time will this scrimmage be??

I'm so proud of Coach Woodward and his kids. As an Antioch alum (c/o 99....second year at the new campus), I have ties back to the old Antioch and last year's bunch was an easy team to like. They've had more talented teams (the 1997, 2000, 2003, and 2004 teams were all more gifted athletically), but the 2006 bunch would fight you until the end. They showed so much heart in the Ravenwood game, bouncing back from the ebbs and flows where so many Bear teams have lost their way in the past. You have to chalk that up to Woodward's ability to rally the troops. I look for big things from them over the next couple of years.

Is Davis the starting QB over there now?? He's dangerous wherever you can put him.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ May 1 2007 - 01:48 PM) 826449254[/snapback]Its good to hear Antioch is finally turning it around. I have ties going WAY back to Antioch and am looking forward to the early season matchup between Antioch and R'dale. It should be a great early season test for BOTH teams.

Who did Antioch lose to graduation this year?

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 2 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826449745[/snapback]Who did Antioch lose to graduation this year?

too many people to name. a lot of guys are going to have to step up this season.

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ May 2 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826449745[/snapback]Who did Antioch lose to graduation this year?

Big losses include QB Vincent Bradford, TE Jeremy Buchanan, and LB Kerwin Utley. Holes to fill, but Woodward has done a good job of getting those "hall walkers" to come out.