Hendersonville vs. Gallatin

SoccerBaller07

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh how terrible it is to be loaded with talent year in and year out. They have had a feeder system second to none since the early 80's and every year a new crew of experinced and talented players who have been together since they were 8. It sounds like an excuse, but think about just how much you have in the first place. Give any of the other district teams to have that kind of support and they take it in a heartbeat. Im not saying the players missing are not talented and perhaps important, but don't tell me that one or two guys were the excuse for not being your usual.

QUOTE(No1ScoresOnMe @ May 4 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826451370[/snapback]Anyone else beginning to notice that Hendersonville keeps losing district games by this exact score?

What's interesting, and I was at the game last night, is that all of the games seem to be the same - Hendersonville with possession of the ball 80% of the game but just cannot finish. I would say that Gallatin had 4 shots on goal and 2 went in. In the losses I've seen, this has been the case, with the exception of Brentwood, who has some deep talent again this year. Taking nothing away from Gallatin, they have a strong team and should do well, but offensive productivity just has not clicked this year for Hendersonville and was the catalyst for the loss last night.

QUOTE(wai652231 @ May 3 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826451341[/snapback]oh how terrible it is to be loaded with talent year in and year out. They have had a feeder system second to none since the early 80's and every year a new crew of experinced and talented players who have been together since they were 8. It sounds like an excuse, but think about just how much you have in the first place. Give any of the other district teams to have that kind of support and they take it in a heartbeat. Im not saying the players missing are not talented and perhaps important, but don't tell me that one or two guys were the excuse for not being your usual.

feeder system has changed. Station Camp has players that would get serious time if they were zoned for hhs. I am going to get slammed for this one, but it is the truth. JP2/Station Camp has diluted the talent. Those close to the programs realize this, the boro has gone through the same thing. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I agree, there has been a dilution of talent in recent year. I was apart of the TN United original combo with fever and quest. But those effects have not really started to show just yet. Yes talent may be a little bit better spread out, but by no means had an entire flop of the standing taken place. I just don't want to hear the perinial winners say its b/c they lost a special player or whatever, maybe you just were not the better team this year and yes perhaps there is a changing of the tides.

I am not going after any hhs fans/parents/players...if i remember Mjhub brought this up. Im just saying i've been around Sumner Co. high school, as well as select ball and have seen how the policits work. I will not stand for any such excuse that some one comes up with. Last year it was a 1-1 tie that won the district reg. season, this year it was all ready a lock and the Wave came out 2-1. There is respect to be given there, reguardless of how ones own team may have faired.. thats an impressive showing no matter the team, district, state.

QUOTE(nick27 @ May 4 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826452209[/snapback]feeder system has changed. Station Camp has players that would get serious time if they were zoned for hhs. I am going to get slammed for this one, but it is the truth. JP2/Station Camp has diluted the talent. Those close to the programs realize this, the boro has gone through the same thing. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

many strong players from jp2 would go to hendersonville otherwise. not to "slam" you nick27 but what players from station camp would be playing for hhs? if anything i think its hurt beech high school more than hendersonville. on paper, hendersonville is one of the most talented anywhere.on the field,however, they dont play as a team. in high school athletics, i'd say 90% of the game is heart and i dont think hhs has it like gallatin,lavergne,wilson central,etc. new schools are built and programs have to fight through that. hhs has done it in the past, coach plummer is a great coach and i think that he will turn his program around.