Page High School in 2007

boneal52

What are peoples thoughts or expectations of Page in '07? I know Jack Daniels is headed out to Rudderville and he's proven he has a knack for winning, wherever he goes. I was able to speak to him briefly at church a couple weeks ago and he seemed excited about the new opportunity and football in the county in general. Thoughts, anyone?

Whoops...i'm in the wrong thread. Apologies....

Yes it is the wrong thread HOWEVER this is a question I want to answer anyway. Page has a new head man in charge in Jack Daniels and he is reportedly going to bring former Page head coach Jackie Bennett back to work as the defensive assistant. Page has some fine players returning to the field this fall namely the two in Taylor Lankford and Blake Neel. This is a team that should be much better that's competing in a region that should be much better. David Lipscomb is the cream of the crop in this region however Page along with Marshall Co., Giles Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, Montgomery Central, & Cheatham Co. should all be ready to challenge the Mustangs.

All 8 of the teams in this region have at least gone to the playoffs 1 TIME in the last three years. David Lipscomb & Cheatham Co. are the only two that have been both years that this region has been in place. That speaks volumes for how strong a region is when teams like Marshall Co., Page, Giles Co., & even the fairly new school in Creek Wood ARE NOT GUARANTEED PLAYOFF BERTHS!!!!!

QUOTE(Big Country @ May 1 2007 - 01:23 PM) 826449226[/snapback]Yes it is the wrong thread HOWEVER this is a question I want to answer anyway. Page has a new head man in charge in Jack Daniels and he is reportedly going to bring former Page head coach Jackie Bennett back to work as the defensive assistant. Page has some fine players returning to the field this fall namely the two in Taylor Lankford and Blake Neel. This is a team that should be much better that's competing in a region that should be much better. David Lipscomb is the cream of the crop in this region however Page along with Marshall Co., Giles Co., Creek Wood, Spring Hill, Montgomery Central, & Cheatham Co. should all be ready to challenge the Mustangs.

All 8 of the teams in this region have at least gone to the playoffs 1 TIME in the last three years. David Lipscomb & Cheatham Co. are the only two that have been both years that this region has been in place. That speaks volumes for how strong a region is when teams like Marshall Co., Page, Giles Co., & even the fairly new school in Creek Wood ARE NOT GUARANTEED PLAYOFF BERTHS!!!!!

It is just a rumor, however, I hear that Jack Dickel is going to be his offensive co-ordinator.

That would be George Dickel. Jim Beam is the O-line coach, with Ezra Williams coaching in the secondary.

This should be an interesting season of transition to Jack Ball. A little factoid: Tim Brown, Asst Principal, was his linebackers coach a decade ago at Brentwood.

At the very least he'll bring some fun and excitement to that end of the county. Expect a couple of trick plays per game.