Upper East Tennessee Football, 1A-5A

srupley

After reading the majority of posts that involve trash talking between Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, and some Sullivan South fans, I thought it reasonable to start a topic taking all upper east Tennessee programs into account. I know Dobyns Bennett has had success since it became a high school in the early 1900's, but the Indians graduated a talented senior class and replace those seniors with untested juniors. Can the Indians repeat as Big East champions? Science Hill has a new coach and alot of potential, but will they continue to ride their running game into the ground, or can the unproven coach install a passing game that will threaten defenses? Sullivan South, like Dobyns Bennett, graduated a talented senior class but their most vital talent, Curt Phillips, returns with colleges watching. Can Sullivan South turn the corner and win the big one to match them up with Morristown West and Maryville late in the playoffs? Is Tennessee High a force to be reckoned with for Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill? Should Morristown West challenge 5A Dobyns Bennett as the top team in upper east Tennessee? What about Elizabethton, Seymour, any Greene Co. school, Hampton, Cloudland, etc? I want to know about the talent levels, names to know, possible key matchups, and things that high school football enthusiasts should know about teams in 5A Region 1, 4A Region 1 and 2, 3A Region 1, 2A Region 1, and 1A Region 1.

Please keep the insignificat trash talking to a minimum. We all can agree to disagree on any given post, may we please be mature enough to keep our mouths closed.

Let the information flow gentleman. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(srupley @ May 2 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826450447[/snapback]After reading the majority of posts that involve trash talking between Dobyns Bennett, Science Hill, and some Sullivan South fans, I thought it reasonable to start a topic taking all upper east Tennessee programs into account. I know Dobyns Bennett has had success since it became a high school in the early 1900's, but the Indians graduated a talented senior class and replace those seniors with untested juniors. Can the Indians repeat as Big East champions? Science Hill has a new coach and alot of potential, but will they continue to ride their running game into the ground, or can the unproven coach install a passing game that will threaten defenses? Sullivan South, like Dobyns Bennett, graduated a talented senior class but their most vital talent, Curt Phillips, returns with colleges watching. Can Sullivan South turn the corner and win the big one to match them up with Morristown West and Maryville late in the playoffs? Is Tennessee High a force to be reckoned with for Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill? Should Morristown West challenge 5A Dobyns Bennett as the top team in upper east Tennessee? What about Elizabethton, Seymour, any Greene Co. school, Hampton, Cloudland, etc? I want to know about the talent levels, names to know, possible key matchups, and things that high school football enthusiasts should know about teams in 5A Region 1, 4A Region 1 and 2, 3A Region 1, 2A Region 1, and 1A Region 1.

Please keep the insignificat trash talking to a minimum. We all can agree to disagree on any given post, may we please be mature enough to keep our mouths closed.

Let the information flow gentleman. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sean you are out of High School now and you played baseball.What's up with the football gig?

Yes, I am out of high school and yes I did play baseball while there. I did, however, play football since I was 5 until my sophomore year. Dobyns Bennett football is a tradition in my family, my dad, uncle, and grandfather played on succesful Indian squads in the past, been going to the games since I was an infant so I have a genuine interest as an Alumni. I also have a genuine interest in all local high school sports. Call it sad, but I just try to keep up with things since ETSU athletics, though somewhat succesful, isn't too bloody interesting.

QUOTE(srupley @ May 3 2007 - 05:25 PM) 826451076[/snapback]Yes, I am out of high school and yes I did play baseball while there. I did, however, play football since I was 5 until my sophomore year. Dobyns Bennett football is a tradition in my family, my dad, uncle, and grandfather played on succesful Indian squads in the past, been going to the games since I was an infant so I have a genuine interest as an Alumni. I also have a genuine interest in all local high school sports. Call it sad, but I just try to keep up with things since ETSU athletics, though somewhat succesful, isn't too bloody interesting.

I got you.Thanks.