9-AAA District Tournament

whooleyman07

Bears had two big HR's by Taylor Hill and Ryan Overstreet...Those two shots helped put MJ up 4-0 early, but Smyrna fought back and made it a close game! Congrats MJ District Tourny Champs 2 Years in a Row....Keep Rollin'

Heres who was on the mound:

For Smyrna Edgerton started it off, with #9 finishing.

MJ started Dustin Murphy and BJ Boston came in to shut the door.

Smyrna...hope to see you guys next Wednesday for the Region Championship!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearsTurn @ May 9 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826456056[/snapback]Bears had two big HR's by Taylor Hill and Ryan Overstreet...Those two shots helped put MJ up 4-0 early, but Smyrna fought back and made it a close game! Congrats MJ District Tourny Champs 2 Years in a Row....Keep Rollin'

Good Luck to you guys too. Hope to see you next Wed.

QUOTE(BearsTurn @ May 9 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826456056[/snapback]Bears had two big HR's by Taylor Hill and Ryan Overstreet...Those two shots helped put MJ up 4-0 early, but Smyrna fought back and made it a close game! Congrats MJ District Tourny Champs 2 Years in a Row....Keep Rollin'

Had this gut feeling that MJ might take it tonight, but who knows what will happen if they get that return match in the Region C-ship?! Both are solid ballclubs, and I'm sure will bring it! Hope they can make it back there and then on to State.

QUOTE(sluggo5 @ May 9 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826455515[/snapback]Not only that , they still have a certain coaching issue to get resolved. Hopefully it will resolve itself .There is a cancer among the Buccaroos. Good luck class of 2008.

The problem is a coaching issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Congrats to Mt Juliet. They were the obvious better team last night. Smyrna left too many men on base. Mt Juliet deserved it. They did what they had to do. A couple of observations....

1) I sat right behind home plate last night and the home plate umpire was awful...for both teams. This is coming from an umpire. A strike one inning would be a ball the next. He twice called strikes on balls that were in the dirt (one for each team). He could not have been worse with his strike zone. I hope that both teams see much better umpiring from here on out as the next few weeks are huge. Mt Juliet made the adjustment and went to the plate aggressive. Smyrna did not. They took way too many pitches and called 3rd strikes.

2) Smyrna's catcher is going to have to step up. Too many unblocked balls.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 10 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826456252[/snapback]Congrats to Mt Juliet. They were the obvious better team last night. Smyrna left too many men on base. Mt Juliet deserved it. They did what they had to do. A couple of observations....

1) I sat right behind home plate last night and the home plate umpire was awful...for both teams. This is coming from an umpire. A strike one inning would be a ball the next. He twice called strikes on balls that were in the dirt (one for each team). He could not have been worse with his strike zone. I hope that both teams see much better umpiring from here on out as the next few weeks are huge. Mt Juliet made the adjustment and went to the plate aggressive. Smyrna did not. They took way too many pitches and called 3rd strikes.

2) Smyrna's catcher is going to have to step up. Too many unblocked balls.

Congrats to Mt. Juliet. I was at the game also. The whole Smyrna team needs to step up not just one player. No one was at the top of their game last night. I think the loss will have a strong affect on the Bulldogs and I hope we meet Mt. Juliet again, it was a great atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out. Good luck to every player!!!!!!!