Fulton Falcons

Bravey

Give me your opinions ... mine is rebuilding ... OL and DL main concern ... they could make playoffs but probably not past 1st round ..IMO ..hope they prove me wrong though ... does anybody know of any young guys that could help this year in OL and DL ???? I know they still have some skill players like V.Smith WR DB, D. HumpreyWR,DB, K.Tyson WR,DB, Stinson QB, Blair QB, Cobb RB, DE , Stokes LB, FB .. but they are short at DL and LB and OL ... they had a good Freshman team but I dont know any of the guys except a RB named Golliday .... anybody knows others on that Freshman team that might contribute as a SOPH ????

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(state07 @ May 4 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826451899[/snapback]Here we go the Falcon o-line is going to be good in the 2007 year. They have great potential that is going to dominate. I've heard everybody saying that they are going to struggle and I think everybody that says that needs to rethink after reading. They have Johnson that is 6'6 270lbs and is benching 250 and squating 400. Another kid who has had some experience is Blasco 6' 280 this kid is only going to be a junior but is benching 280 and squating 650. These two have great form and are some big built kids but will still need to work a little on their technique. Another kid is Hensley who is benching 260 and is squating a little more than Blasco. He played his freshman year but had to skip his sophmore and junior year for unknown reasons. They have Gamble coming back and there is a rumor of 2 different tackles who are supposely really good. One is Thomas and another is unknown. The Falcon O-line may need a little work but will be ok. As for the defensive line all the guys up top will either start or alternate at the defensive tackle positions. So the Falcon O and D line will handle their own.

Who is this Hensley kid .... what is his size ???? Who is Thomas and what is his size ???? Looks like they have more prospects than I thought ... let me know anything else you might here .... I know they start spring practice next week .. will these new kids mentioned be in Spring practice ??????

QUOTE(state07 @ May 7 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826453766[/snapback]Here are the sizes of the ones I mentioned:

Blasco: 6' 278lbs bench is updated to 280 and squat is 670 and is only a sophmore!!!!

Hensley: 6'2 298lbs bench is update to 275 and squat is 675 and is a junior

Johnson: 6'6-6'7 270 lbs bench is updated to 250 and squat is 500 and is only a sophmore!!!!

Thomas: about 6'1 185 lbs bench is updated to 260 and squat is unknown due to a knee injury and is a junior

Gamble: about 6'1 maybe 6'2 bench is updated to 250 and squat is 550 and is a junior

So the Falcons are pretty loaded Oh and yes these kids will be in the maroon and white game and in practice but the one to really look out for is Blasco. He might be undersized for a center but this kid has great form and as you can see is pretty built. Hensley also has great form and is going to be another big prospect. These kids are already benching and squatting college weight and the thing is they are so unknown.

I was wondering because I was at alot of Falcon practices the last 2 years and had never seen Hensley or the Thomas kid ... so next football season Blasco,Johnson will be juniors and Hensley ,Thomas and Gamble will be Seniors ... If hensley is 298 I hope he can move and i know johnson needs to work on his flexability and drive .the times I saw him in JY games Johnson stood straight up and Blasco looked a little slow ... Gamble has ability for sure ... will he use it ??? Hopefully Thomas will be another small tough OL .. Bates was undersized last year but he put in great effort ...

State07 - what about Emanual taylor ..do you think he will play ????

State07 -- who are some of the OL / DL /LB that were on the Freshman team this past year ??? Who do you see playing some as SOPH's next year ???? I heard they only lost 1 game in OT to Alcoa ...

Fulton will once again be LOADED and a major threat to win it all in 3A. You all know the saying "to be the best you have to beat the best"????? Well Fulton is the best as it relates to teams in Class 3A. When you basically go on the road for AN ENTIRE 1 MONTH PERIOD OF TIME and beat Carter, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl Cohn, & David Lipscomb to win the third state title in four years that pretty much puts any doubt of my previous statement to rest.

Yes gone are Wiley-Gatewood, Hamilton, & Higgins from a front group that was DONINANT when they wanted to be. Also gone is Rogan. The TSSAA's ALL-TIME LEADING TOUCHDOWN MACHINE!!!! Wagner is gone due to the fact that he transferred but the only game that he really mattered in for Fulton last year was the win against Alcoa. Every other game Fulton either won without his services or would have still easily won without him.

Now to this year's team. Back are Cobb & Stokes first off. Both of those guys are going to be MAJOR PLAYERS RIGHT AWAY!!!! I hate to put it like this but those are two guys that increase Fulton's chances of repeating just by dressing out every game. Now I have yet to mention Stinson & Blair at QB. Who plays???? Does it matter????? Coatney and the staff will mke the right call. Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith are all guys who will play major roles at both WR & DB as they did last season.

It sounds to me like Fulton has some pretty darn good potential returning up front. I like Fulton to win Region 2-3A next year WHICH WOULD ACTUALLY BE A RARITY WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT HISTORY!!!! I wonder how the Falcons will fare actually getting to play all of their potential playoff games at home in November. I see matchups in that month around the week of Thanksgiving against arch rival Austin East. The following week I see the winner of that game hosting the winner of a quarterfinal matchup here in the midstate between White House-Pearl Cohn. If I had to bet on the winners of those two games right now I would say that in this year's semifinals we will have A REMATCH!!!!!

Only time will tell....................................................................................................................................................

QUOTE(state07 @ May 8 2007 - 06:46 AM) 826454185[/snapback]Blasco(6'0 275) is benching 280 and squating 680 from what i heard cause fulton max out yesterday.hensley(6'2 295) is benching 270 while squating 700.with the two of them on the o-line and d-line fulton has state come to them.

state07.

Sounds like they are comming along well from a strength standpoint. FWIW, it is dangerous to have that amount of wieght on the bar when squatting. Bad for the growth plates and tendons, not to mention hernia concerns. Maybe they are working the leg press, and not in a traditional squat @@@@?

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 8 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826454444[/snapback]state07.

Sounds like they are comming along well from a strength standpoint. FWIW, it is dangerous to have that amount of wieght on the bar when squatting. Bad for the growth plates and tendons, not to mention hernia concerns. Maybe they are working the leg press, and not in a traditional squat @@@@?

ruse?

250 and 260 is not a lot of weight for linemen to bench. In some cases RB's bench that weight. However I feel Foulton will always have the athletes so they are never going to rebuild just simply reload

QUOTE(t-mac @ May 8 2007 - 12:13 PM) 826454499[/snapback]250 and 260 is not a lot of weight for linemen to bench. In some cases RB's bench that weight. However I feel Foulton will always have the athletes so they are never going to rebuild just simply reload

t-mac.

I agree, and I did'nt write that 250/260 was a lot to bench. I agree that there are RBs that bench that weight. All I was trying to point out was that it can be dangerous for some to get in a squat @@@@ with 700 lbs of free weight on their shoulders, and drop to a 90 degree angle without getting hurt. Yup, Fulton will most likely always have athletes, but if their OL/DL are recovering from hernia surgery, they won't be as good as they could be. No doubt the Falcons reload. I've been writing that for the last 4 or 5 months. Plenty of people around Knox said after the DeMarcus Stevens bunch when the older Cobb was a Frosh or maybe a soph, and did not play and won it all, that it would take a couple of years. Nope, enter Freeney, Hammilton, Rogan, Higgens, etc. This is a replay of that.

ruse?

QUOTE(Big Country @ May 7 2007 - 11:28 PM) 826454113[/snapback]Fulton will once again be LOADED and a major threat to win it all in 3A. You all know the saying "to be the best you have to beat the best"????? Well Fulton is the best as it relates to teams in Class 3A. When you basically go on the road for AN ENTIRE 1 MONTH PERIOD OF TIME and beat Carter, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl Cohn, & David Lipscomb to win the third state title in four years that pretty much puts any doubt of my previous statement to rest.

Yes gone are Wiley-Gatewood, Hamilton, & Higgins from a front group that was DONINANT when they wanted to be. Also gone is Rogan. The TSSAA's ALL-TIME LEADING TOUCHDOWN MACHINE!!!! Wagner is gone due to the fact that he transferred but the only game that he really mattered in for Fulton last year was the win against Alcoa. Every other game Fulton either won without his services or would have still easily won without him.

Now to this year's team. Back are Cobb & Stokes first off. Both of those guys are going to be MAJOR PLAYERS RIGHT AWAY!!!! I hate to put it like this but those are two guys that increase Fulton's chances of repeating just by dressing out every game. Now I have yet to mention Stinson & Blair at QB. Who plays???? Does it matter????? Coatney and the staff will mke the right call. Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith are all guys who will play major roles at both WR & DB as they did last season.

It sounds to me like Fulton has some pretty darn good potential returning up front. I like Fulton to win Region 2-3A next year WHICH WOULD ACTUALLY BE A RARITY WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT HISTORY!!!! I wonder how the Falcons will fare actually getting to play all of their potential playoff games at home in November. I see matchups in that month around the week of Thanksgiving against arch rival Austin East. The following week I see the winner of that game hosting the winner of a quarterfinal matchup here in the midstate between White House-Pearl Cohn. If I had to bet on the winners of those two games right now I would say that in this year's semifinals we will have A REMATCH!!!!!

Only time will tell....................................................................................................................................................

Big Country.

Cyberspace let you out of Cheatham County? Nice rundown. Little early for me to call yet. Saw Anderson County @ Farragut, and heard about Kingston/Tyner. I hope to see AE and Fulton this spring. Pretty sure I will. Hope to get to the Catholic/Rhea County scrimmage next week. I still like AE. No Troutman, but Kenny Jones who is a heck of LB who can run the ball, with their line could be very tough. I'll keep you posted. How are folks looking over in Regions 4 & 5? Lipscomb stiil the team to beat? PC, Marshall?

ruse?

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 8 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826454559[/snapback]Big Country.

Cyberspace let you out of Cheatham County? Nice rundown. Little early for me to call yet. Saw Anderson County @ Farragut, and heard about Kingston/Tyner. I hope to see AE and Fulton this spring. Pretty sure I will. Hope to get to the Catholic/Rhea County scrimmage next week. I still like AE. No Troutman, but Kenny Jones who is a heck of LB who can run the ball, with their line could be very tough. I'll keep you posted. How are folks looking over in Regions 4 & 5? Lipscomb stiil the team to beat? PC, Marshall?

ruse?

ruse?

Lipscomb will be good once again. They'll be the favorite to win the Region 5-3A title and advance to the Blue Cross Bowl. They lost everything up front for the most part but they return a nice backfield. Simpson #11 started a lot of games last fall at quarterback and should fill in nicely for Hunt #12. #40 Elrod is gone but back are the trio of #28 Moneypenny, #23 Holt, & #27 Davis. #44 Lehning and #50 Binkley are gone off of the defense but back are #32 Tempenny and #42 Webb.

Marshall Co. should be the Mustangs biggest threat to win the Region 5-3A title. #18 Kellen Gower is gone as the team's starting quarterback. Outside of that though things are looking good. #2 Hightower is a beast and I'm sure that the new coaching staff will find ways to maximize his potential. #22 Braden ran for 1,000+ yards last season and is back this season. #4 O'Neal may be the region's best receiver but in Lewisburg he is going to be taking the snaps at QB. That's a trio that makes up a dynamite offensive backfield.

Pearl Cohn will be the favorite to win the Region 4-3A title because for the most part they return a good core from last year's state semifinal bunch. #15 Mason is back at QB and folks who have watched him play for the last three years know that he's the elite player in the region. Gone are his primary two receivers in #5 Mason & #17 Gupton, both of whom are now playing at UNC, but the Firebirds have some good returning receivers and shouldn't miss a beat in the passing game. #22 Gregory is back at running back. On defense the linebacker duo of #3 Griffin and #2 Sweatt are back as are defensive backs #8 Beard and #20 Knight.

White House was an awfully young team last season and should be Pearl's biggest threat to win the Region 4-3A title. Gone are the starting backfield of quarterback #12 Townsend and tailback #23 West. The Payne twins, DeMarqus & DeMarrius, are back and should both play roles in the offensive backfield at RB. #31 Cody Allen is supposed to return at FB but his status is up in the air following the car accident that occurred about two months ago. On defense back are #55 Barrett & #69 Gaines. #53 Moore is the team's biggest loss off of this side of the football but with those two returning along with the Paynes in the secondary the Blue Devils should be solid on defense.

There are some others in both regions who may play a role when it's all said and done like Giles, Cheatham, Page, and Creek Wood in 5-3A & Sycamore, Station Camp, & Greenbrier in 4-3A HOWEVER if I had to vote right now I would say that the four teams that I listed in detail above will be the favorites in each region as it relates to Regions 5-3A & 4-3A.

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 8 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826454539[/snapback]t-mac.

I agree, and I did'nt write that 250/260 was a lot to bench. I agree that there are RBs that bench that weight. All I was trying to point out was that it can be dangerous for some to get in a squat @@@@ with 700 lbs of free weight on their shoulders, and drop to a 90 degree angle without getting hurt. Yup, Fulton will most likely always have athletes, but if their OL/DL are recovering from hernia surgery, they won't be as good as they could be. No doubt the Falcons reload. I've been writing that for the last 4 or 5 months. Plenty of people around Knox said after the DeMarcus Stevens bunch when the older Cobb was a Frosh or maybe a soph, and did not play and won it all, that it would take a couple of years. Nope, enter Freeney, Hammilton, Rogan, Higgens, etc. This is a replay of that.

ruse?

Ruse:

Most teams do not do a pure max, but rather load the bars with different amounts and have the kids rep as much as possible and then refer to a chart that gives their max based on the weight and reps. My understanding was that Stokes and Hensley had about 550 on the bar, went 10 reps and were stopped by the strength coach because of injury concerns...according to the chart that gave them 695 lbs. Stokes even commented that he felt that he could have went another 8-10 reps, which is scary.