Oak Ridge v. Powell

QUOTE(bounder @ May 6 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826453082[/snapback]Heard Oak Ridge really looked good friday nite. Now that being said... I guess the $64,000 question is how good or bad is Powell??

Ok, I'm sure Tank will have something today as well. I thought we looked good. We scored 7 or 8 TDs and a field goal to their 1 TD. I didn't have a roster so I didn't know many of the players who did well. Our offensive line is much improved, they were opening big holes on almost every play. We have a lot of depth at running back, Kevin Summers looked especially good catching the ball out of the backfield. Last years talk of speed was one year premature, this team is very fast. The QBs looked sharp and our receivers made some good plays. On defensive, our young linebackers looked very good. If they stay healthy, this group will be one of the better group of linebackers in our region. Overall, you can tell that their is a new attitude on the team that should translate into a much better season. There is still much work to do, but very promising for the first scrimmage of the spring. I will say that Powell looked very down from last year. I don't know if they were missing guys due to other Spring sports, or not. This week's scrimmage against Bearden will tell a lot.

Update....

Tank's article is up on the Oak Ridger.

Oak Ridge punishes the Panthers

Powell will be at the basement after what everyone been saying seeing this scrimmage. Powell lost to much and weren't that good last year lucky to beat Halls by one to slide into the playoffs. Lean years ahead for the Panthers.

QUOTE(bounder @ May 6 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826453082[/snapback]Heard Oak Ridge really looked good friday nite. Now that being said... I guess the $64,000 question is how good or bad is Powell??

Oak Ridge ,have the speed talent to be A very competitive football. The cats should win A lot football games ,and return to play offs ,I hope. I have been at spring practice everyday ,and it appears that the coaching staff ,are all getting along very well. They seem to be really coaching together so far. Unlike last year. O.R. should have a good group of linebackers ,in Jeremy Vauhgn .Andrew kirkpatrick ,who also will be the starting tailback Devonte Hawkins who probably be the backup full back ,and Marcus underwood who also plays tightend. As for what powell has don't know. They dont appear to be to strong this year ,but time will tell. I really believe that O.R. will turn some heads this ,very atheletic group of boys. Good luck ,and Roll Wildcats