3. Farragut

4. Catholic

5. West

6. CAK

7. Morristown West

8. Maryville

9. Oakridge

10. South Doyle

Not bad! Even though I think Webb has hit its peak, they struggled the last game or two. Also, West is looking really good and Catholic's defense is looking weaker each week!

But now it is tournament time so anything can happen.

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 4 2007 - 09:04 AM) 826451563[/snapback]My top ten would be:

1. Bearden

2. Webb

3. Farragut

4. Catholic

5. West

6. CAK

7. Morristown West

8. Maryville

9. Oakridge

10. South Doyle

QUOTE(allsoccer @ May 4 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826451584[/snapback]Not bad! Even though I think Webb has hit its peak, they struggled the last game or two. Also, West is looking really good and Catholic's defense is looking weaker each week!

Were you at the game allsoccer??? I was and I certainly do not feel their defense looks weaker each week.

QUOTE(paulbrown101 @ May 4 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826451617[/snapback]i would still love to know why everyone thinks maryville should still be ranked ahead of south doyle.

I honestly think they are a little better than SD. I know, I know...SD beat them 3-1. I have heard this about a million times. Maryville has looked better against some of the top teams, and they have played a much more difficult schedule. SD has been demolishing cupcakes, and they have trouble putting away teams they should beat (Seymour).

Maryville could argue that they should be ranked ahead of McMinn Co. since they demolished them 8-0, but they are not. SD has an outstanding team this year, and they have the ability to make a good run. I truly think that they should forget about the rankings, and channel their energy toward a team like Farragut--a team that they have the ability to beat.

SD--rankings don't mean anything! Have a great post-season run, and you will have the last laugh about the so-called "rankings."

QUOTE(TopSoccerPlaya @ May 4 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826451596[/snapback]Were you at the game allsoccer??? I was and I certainly do not feel their defense looks weaker each week.

Maybe they are not getting weaker each week, but they sure did look weak in the last 15 minuts when they got 3 goals scored on them.

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 4 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826451650[/snapback]I honestly think they are a little better than SD. I know, I know...SD beat them 3-1. I have heard this about a million times. Maryville has looked better against some of the top teams, and they have played a much more difficult schedule. SD has been demolishing cupcakes, and they have trouble putting away teams they should beat (Seymour).

Maryville could argue that they should be ranked ahead of McMinn Co. since they demolished them 8-0, but they are not. SD has an outstanding team this year, and they have the ability to make a good run. I truly think that they should forget about the rankings, and channel their energy toward a team like Farragut--a team that they have the ability to beat.

SD--rankings don't mean anything! Have a great post-season run, and you will have the last laugh about the so-called "rankings."

One more thing...In fairness to SD soccer, I was not at the SD/ Maryville game, and I have only seen SD once, so I might not be getting the big picture for how good SD really is. I am just trying to make the point that rankings are frivolous until the end.

Best,

dins

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 4 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826451650[/snapback]I honestly think they are a little better than SD. I know, I know...SD beat them 3-1. I have heard this about a million times. Maryville has looked better against some of the top teams, and they have played a much more difficult schedule. SD has been demolishing cupcakes, and they have trouble putting away teams they should beat (Seymour).

i completely agree...im sick of SD complaining about rankings. btw...which SD game did you happen to go to dins??

QUOTE(allsoccer @ May 4 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826451584[/snapback]Not bad! Even though I think Webb has hit its peak, they struggled the last game or two. Also, West is looking really good and Catholic's defense is looking weaker each week!

I agree that West looks good.

I disagree with your comments about Webb. Can you imagine any other team not struggling against Bearden and a hot D-B team? Webb has a very strong team and they will go deep in the tournament if they can get out of the DII East Region (i.e. past either Baylor or McCallie).

As for Catholic's defense "looking weaker each week", I can only wonder which weeks you are referencing. With 9 shut-outs in their last 12 matches prior to last night it doesn't look like a serious slide to me. The Irish only allowed 4 goals in the entire month of April (2 by a quality Webb side and 1 by #3 AAA Germantown Houston).

Finally, Catholic may well have benefited from West's Senior Night line-up with their goal at the start of the match last night, but West also benefited from numerous Catholic starters being on the bench by the time the Rebels' rally started. The result was about right.

SD has been demolishing cupcakes, and they have trouble putting away teams they should beat (Seymour).

I wouldn't consider Seymour a cupcake SD had all their players dominated the first half but couldn't get past a great seymour defense and in the second seymour dominated and just couldn't finish

QUOTE(wbcsoccer11 @ May 4 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826451760[/snapback]SD has been demolishing cupcakes, and they have trouble putting away teams they should beat (Seymour).

I wouldn't consider Seymour a cupcake SD had all their players dominated the first half but couldn't get past a great seymour defense and in the second seymour dominated and just couldn't finish

Seymour was not one of the teams that I was referring to as a cupcake. I would never be specific about a team that I think is a "cupcake." I was just saying that I thought SD should have had an easier time with Seymour.

No offense to either team.