WB to Murfreesboro?

etcoach

I've got a gut feeling that tells me WB might just be headed to the state tournament. Call me crazy. Reasons for the feleing:

1) They need to win 3 more games...none of which will include S Doyle

2) They have 3 very capable pitchers...their so called 3rd pitcher is 10-0

3) A win tonight and a win in the 1st round of the region might send them to DB for sub state (a team in which WB has already beaten and remember Football)

4) Weird things seem to be happening in this District Tournament

5) Everyone is now healthy and hitting well (unless they are facing Holland)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(etcoach @ May 8 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826454160[/snapback]I've got a gut feeling that tells me WB might just be headed to the state tournament. Call me crazy. Reasons for the feleing:

1) They need to win 3 more games...none of which will include S Doyle

2) They have 3 very capable pitchers...their so called 3rd pitcher is 10-0

3) A win tonight and a win in the 1st round of the region might send them to DB for sub state (a team in which WB has already beaten and remember Football)

4) Weird things seem to be happening in this District Tournament

5) Everyone is now healthy and hitting well (unless they are facing Holland)

1. Good luck, we certainly hope you get those 3 wins.

2. Congratulations to your 3 pitchers...sound like they've had a wonderful season already.

3. Farragut beat DB as well as Chattanooga Central (a 2-12 record on the season)...so any team out there can beat DB if the right conditions exist for that team....and football has exactly what to do with baseball? Why not consider the girls varsity team sports while we are predicting...predicting is just that I predicted Farragut to win over Lenior City too.

4. Weird things happen all the time... that is why we play the games instead of just looking at the season records and declaring a state champion team from their records.

5. I am certainly glad that everyone at WB is healthy...DB is feeling great now too!

I never cared much for gut feelings... it is usually just a sign of gas...or diarreah on its way! So I would advise you not to put a whole lot of stock in your gut feeling....but pepto bismo (the pink stuff) will help if you need it.

All sarcasim aside now, I respect WB and I know they have a terrific team. DB also has a terrific team. You can be assured that we do not underestimate WB's ability to win on the baseball field.

We certainly hope to see you at Regionals.

Best of luck in the rest of your games.

I would not count Science Hill out of the equation, either. I think they are something like 29-5. But I think the Govs are on a roll and could pull it off. Also, I think any teams that make it to state out of the east are capable of winning it all.

Hey, etcoach, if WB makes it to state will you be there to broadcast it? If you are, maybe you can get your old coaching comrade Don to go with you and provide some insightful color commentary. That would be entertaining. Of course, Stan would be fine, too.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 8 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826454415[/snapback]1. Good luck, we certainly hope you get those 3 wins.

2. Congratulations to your 3 pitchers...sound like they've had a wonderful season already.

3. Farragut beat DB as well as Chattanooga Central (a 2-12 record on the season)...so any team out there can beat DB if the right conditions exist for that team....and football has exactly what to do with baseball? Why not consider the girls varsity team sports while we are predicting...predicting is just that I predicted Farragut to win over Lenior City too.

4. Weird things happen all the time... that is why we play the games instead of just looking at the season records and declaring a state champion team from their records.

5. I am certainly glad that everyone at WB is healthy...DB is feeling great now too!

I never cared much for gut feelings... it is usually just a sign of gas...or diarreah on its way! So I would advise you not to put a whole lot of stock in your gut feeling....but pepto bismo (the pink stuff) will help if you need it.

All sarcasim aside now, I respect WB and I know they have a terrific team. DB also has a terrific team. You can be assured that we do not underestimate WB's ability to win on the baseball field.

We certainly hope to see you at Regionals.

Best of luck in the rest of your games.

if yall amke it to the boro you are gonna have to come to riverdale and look me up good luck in the tournaments

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826454533[/snapback]if yall amke it to the boro you are gonna have to come to riverdale and look me up good luck in the tournaments

You will hear him long before you see the "boiler" he sports in the front. May also have a seeing eye dog to help him find his seat.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826454533[/snapback]if yall amke it to the boro you are gonna have to come to riverdale and look me up good luck in the tournaments

I will Riverdaleman.

I have certainly enjoyed all your colorful comments here on coacht. Folks like you make it a pleasure to follow all the teams around the State here on this board. We certainly have some great programs all across the State! I grew up out in West Tennessee and have been trying to follow Huntingdon's progress this year as well. Of course I never took my eye off Riverdale... I like diamonds!

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 8 2007 - 03:14 PM) 826454658[/snapback]I will Riverdaleman.

I have certainly enjoyed all your colorful comments here on coacht. Folks like you make it a pleasure to follow all the teams around the State here on this board. We certainly have some great programs all across the State! I grew up out in West Tennessee and have been trying to follow Huntingdon's progress this year as well. Of course I never took my eye off Riverdale... I like diamonds!

there was a stretch where i wish u had because it was UGLY but it is ok to look now we are ding better we need one more win to make it to regions and i hope you get to make it to the boro

as far as the diamonds...if you are talking baseball we have lots of them if u are talking jewlry im unemployed right now

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 9 2007 - 12:34 AM) 826455084[/snapback]there was a stretch where i wish u had because it was UGLY but it is ok to look now we are ding better we need one more win to make it to regions and i hope you get to make it to the boro

as far as the diamonds...if you are talking baseball we have lots of them if u are talking jewlry im unemployed right now

Well Science Hill mopped the field with DB today... we knew 4 straight wins over them in the same season was just asking too much. They are a fantastic team this year.

But they made us stop and take a long hard look at out team again and that is a good thing...maybe we can get them the next time around!

Lenior City is just amazing us all. You know that cinderella teams can march right up and collect the jewelry if they want it bad enough...and LC is on a march right now!

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 8 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826455093[/snapback]Well Science Hill mopped the field with DB today... we knew 4 straight wins over them in the same season was just asking too much. They are a fantastic team this year.

But they made us stop and take a long hard look at out team again and that is a good thing...maybe we can get them the next time around!

Lenior City is just amazing us all. You know that cinderella teams can march right up and collect the jewelry if they want it bad enough...and LC is on a march right now!

are yall now out? Science hill is a very good team to man what a district