Lenior City

PinballWizard

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fozzy @ May 8 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826454328[/snapback]Thats what makes the game interesting. On any given day.......That day was yesterday for the Panthers.

Congratulations Lenior City! I know it's been a less then stellar year for your team but as you well know...it ain't over 'til it's over. Your proving right now that anybody can make it to state...it takes a little skill and a little luck all rolled together. I would say that you guys have both and that's a terrific and deadly combination! You did what many of us statistical folks would call impossible by defeating Farragut. We hope to see you guys at regions and then go with you to state. Best of Luck in the rest of your games.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 8 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826454358[/snapback]Congratulations Lenior City! I know it's been a less then stellar year for your team but as you well know...it ain't over 'til it's over. Your proving right now that anybody can make it to state...it takes a little skill and a little luck all rolled together. I would say that you guys have both and that's a terrific and deadly combination! You did what many of us statistical folks would call impossible by defeating Farragut. We hope to see you guys at regions and then go with you to state. Best of Luck in the rest of your games.

I wonder how the new Hardin Valley High School will affect Farragut baseball? Anything can happen if you don't come ready to play on any given day. A dominating pitcher sure helps don't it?

QUOTE(Hammer Head @ May 8 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826454523[/snapback]I wonder how the new Hardin Valley High School will affect Farragut baseball? Anything can happen if you don't come ready to play on any given day. A dominating pitcher sure helps don't it?

Missing Capatano??? How is he doing at North Carolina?

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 02:50 PM) 826454546[/snapback]so is farraguts season over?

yes..

to answer the question for the topic.. Basically they hit a 2-run HR in the 3rd inning. They had 5 hits. Farragut had 3 or 4 hits. Farragut just popped the ball up right to the LC players pretty much every time. It was a good game and very intense at the end. Farragut had 2 on and 1 out and then 2 Farragut pop ups later and LC won. No Farragut people can say any real excuses because they didn't hurt themselves like they did against William Blount. All it takes is 1 pitch and any team can be out of for the season. Farragut left I think 5 runners in scoring position.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 8 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826454601[/snapback]yes..

to answer the question for the topic.. Basically they hit a 2-run HR in the 3rd inning. They had 5 hits. Farragut had 3 or 4 hits. Farragut just popped the ball up right to the LC players pretty much every time. It was a good game and very intense at the end. Farragut had 2 on and 1 out and then 2 Farragut pop ups later and LC won. No Farragut people can say any real excuses because they didn't hurt themselves like they did against William Blount. All it takes is 1 pitch and any team can be out of for the season. Farragut left I think 5 runners in scoring position.

when was the last time farragut didnt get out of districts?

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 04:08 PM) 826454605[/snapback]when was the last time farragut didnt get out of districts?

The paper said it was the first time in 10 years that Farragut didn't get to sub-state(sectionals) so at the earliest it is 1997.. Also it's the first time in 6 or 7 years I think that they didn't get to state.

The longest most successful run in Tennessee baseball history ended last night. Their record is as follows:

1998 - State Quarterfinal

1999 - State Runner-Up

2000 - State Quarterfinal

2001 - State Runner-Up

2002 - State Runner-Up

2003 - State Champion (48-1) Ranked 3rd in Nation

2004 - State Champion (46-2) Ranked 2nd in Nation

2005 - State Semi finals

2006 - State Champion

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ May 8 2007 - 04:54 PM) 826454638[/snapback]The longest most successful run in Tennessee baseball history ended last night. Their record is as follows:

1998 - State Quarterfinal

1999 - State Runner-Up

2000 - State Quarterfinal

2001 - State Runner-Up

2002 - State Runner-Up

2003 - State Champion (48-1) Ranked 3rd in Nation

2004 - State Champion (46-2) Ranked 2nd in Nation

2005 - State Semi finals

2006 - State Champion

Congratulations to Farragut on a decade of fantastic baseball. Your a terrific team with one of the best coaches in the State. It was a great run and we hope to see you back at the top soon.