Battle of the Bluff Round 2

TheBigPenquin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gridironguy @ May 11 2007 - 10:52 PM) 826457717[/snapback]It was actually Sean Leader (as opposed to Coach Mark Leader) who missed.

Sorry about that. All those Leaders look the same to me anyway. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

for CAK, Andy Holt missed, Brandon Tarr missed, Chris Pifer made his shot, and David Pifer missed sealing the win for Catholic. Good game to both teams but Catholic needs to be enjoy this win for the night and forget about it tomorrow because i see two more matchups between these two teams and as this series over the past few years has shown, both teams always need to pack a lunch, dinner, and maybe a late night 4th meal when they meet up.

Great match played by both teams. DeRosa was huge for the Irish in goal saving 3 out of 4 Warrior penalty kicks. CAK plays Alcoa in the Region semis while Catholic plays Seymour. Hopefully, we'll see round 3 of this series in the Region 2 Final next week.

CAK's guys didn't miss... Joey read the kickers and made great saves. The credit goes to him on those... very well done!

Two very even defensive teams. I think the shot count in the first half was 2-1. Both keepers played great (Gorman made 2 very nice saves in the second half to save the tie). It was a very entertaining game to watch, end to end action, a fair amount of counter attacks. We (CAK) seemed to run out of steam, as well as went down again with some injuries. Tarr had some really bad cramps and didn't play in any of the overtimes, Doug Liedle (outside fullback) was out for most of the second half and all overtimes with an ankle injury, and Brandon Criswell most likely fractured his foot. Our young guys played well, but we just didn't have the "oomph" in our attack, having to shift a little more defensive with those holes.

Catholic is a very good team. I do hope we get to play them again, but we face a very challenging match with Alcoa on Tuesday.

QUOTE(shims4 @ May 11 2007 - 08:50 PM) 826457645[/snapback]yeah i know dude and i do know my stuff. what i was referring to was how some untimely outbursts and numerous cards have hurt your team. i wasn't trying to start anything, just pointing out some details, but since you took it there... And, if you'd read, i also mentioned how you now have david back for this game which greatly helps the attack. cak plays so well as a team some ill-advised tantrums (most recently in the farragut game) can upset that and aren't good for anyone involved...it does the team no good, so i'm glad you're really helping there. also i like how you refer to yourself in the third person...real cute

oh funny hide behind your little online name then and bash me. thats pathetic. and when has it realy hurt my team. my boys have done great with out me and that has only been for one game webb which had like 5 minutes to go. other than that i've been in the games. like i said you really know your stuff haha congrats. and thanks i am trying to help my team, which i doubt you do much for yours so keep going strong bud and how about you not talk about me anymore that would be great

QUOTE(gridironguy @ May 11 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826457750[/snapback]I don't suppose the News Sentinel was there? It's be just like them to ignore this game. I wish Knoxville had a real paper.

They were there. I talked to the reporter after the game. He'll be pretty hard pressed to get it ready in time, though! Game ended at 11:30 p.m.!

QUOTE(gridironguy @ May 11 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826457750[/snapback]I don't suppose the News Sentinel was there? It's be just like them to ignore this game. I wish Knoxville had a real paper.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Knoxville paper does their best.

QUOTE(asian invasion @ May 11 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826457751[/snapback]oh funny hide behind your little online name then and bash me. thats pathetic. and when has it realy hurt my team. my boys have done great with out me and that has only been for one game webb which had like 5 minutes to go. other than that i've been in the games. like i said you really know your stuff haha congrats. and thanks i am trying to help my team, which i doubt you do much for yours so keep going strong bud and how about you not talk about me anymore that would be great

G--

Let's stop these two. They are acting like petulant children.