Steve McNair

QUOTE(Solomon @ May 10 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826456343[/snapback]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866004

Second arrest in 4 years for another DUI. Got to be a 2 game minimum. It's going to be interesting to see how Goddell handles this.

I guess he found a local bar to frequent in Baltimore like he had in Nashville.

I'm sure McNair is no golden boy, but consider this.

He wasn't driving.

He didn't take a sobriety test, therefore he didn't fail one.

And this happened in Nashville. The same place that he beat a DUI charge due to "police error". And he is charged with some law that hits the owner of the car with a DUI, but doesn't consider whether the owner was drinking or not.

Hard to tell now, I guess we'll know more as the media spins it.

QUOTE(montague1 @ May 10 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826456582[/snapback]I'm sure McNair is no golden boy, but consider this.

He wasn't driving.

He didn't take a sobriety test, therefore he didn't fail one.

And this happened in Nashville. The same place that he beat a DUI charge due to "police error". And he is charged with some law that hits the owner of the car with a DUI, but doesn't consider whether the owner was drinking or not.

Hard to tell now, I guess we'll know more as the media spins it.

I guarantee you I know where he had been. Corner Pub anyone?

Here is the deal with him being charged with DUI by consent.

The federal government mandated around 2002 that, to release federal funds for highways, that all of the states change their BAC laws to reflect the new, lower statutes (0.18) AND put in this law of DUI by consent. All states have until 2008 to implement these changes.

Tennessee implemented them in 2004.

The thought of this law is that you are reasponsible for whom you let drive your vehicle, and you will be charged if you let a drunk drive it. The intent is to get all impaired drivers off of the road. The fact that he thought he was doing a good deed by letting someone less drunk than him drive is irrelevant. He obviously was not in a position mentally to make the determination that his brother in law was OK. He took a chance, and got nabbed.

The moral of the story: Get a cab, a motel room, or call someone who you know is sober to drive you home.

Roger G. has his plate full now with Pac, Chris Henry, Tank, Ron Mexico, and now Stevie Mac.

Thoughts to ponder:

Metro police have arrested 43 others so far for this same violation in 07. ( owner of the car charged for letting someone intoxicated drive their vehicle.)

Mc Nair got off before.......but he was a Titan at the time. Now he is a Raven....a Raven who went to the playoffs.

Rumor says Mc Nair and the brother-in-law swapped seats quickly after they stopped so Bro could be the fall guy.