West Vs. Karns final

khsbeaver#5

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ValverdeTDF07 @ May 10 2007 - 05:43 PM) 826456700[/snapback]Im gonna go with the upset, 2-1 Karns

No way. West is way too strong offensively. With the exception of Farragut, no one in this area has the collection of offensive weapons that they have.

Just to name a few:

1.) Cody McCoy: Maybe the most promising player out of this area to go D1. I would take him over Backstrom, Webster, Carter and maybe even Tarr. He is exceptional 1 vs. 1, and his poise and acumen make him my favorite player and prospect in this area. If he is healthy, he will be a "game changer" and will absolutely be too much for Karns.

2.) #4: Raw, raw, raw. He has the ability to be spectacular or sadly immature on any given night. His straight line speed and alacrity will be overwhelming for any average flank. He might also be a D2/D3 player. Some small D1 schools might take a chance on him because of his speed. Look for him to be big against Karns.

3.) #2 (Tanner): Outstanding throw in that can stun a team that thought they were competing and in the game. He is a bit presumptuous, but his over-confidence sometimes scares opposing defenses. His footskill is not so bad either. He is not nearly as good as he thinks he is (keep in mind he might be good in the future), but you cannot shun his presense.

4.) #31 (black kid). I am not sure if this is his number, but he impressed me as well. I like his tenacity and work rate up top. His pressure and feistiness make even the most steady defenses make mistakes. #31...stop apologizing when you foul another player. You are not dirty; you are just working hard.

These are just a few of the players that will overwhelm Karns. Karns has played well this year, and I admire their coach, but West is too much offensively. They will be THE TEAM to beat in this area next year--not that next year matters a bit right now.

Best to both teams!

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 10 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826456898[/snapback]I see the stunner here too and think Karns takes this 3-2. Camden Brown with 2 goals and an assist

I see a lower scoring game than this...karns defense has been really strong lately especially against Oak Ridge's offense...I see a 2-1 karns win...this will be a great game

QUOTE(allsoccer @ May 11 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826457272[/snapback]I agree, Karns in the upset. Camden isn't ready for his High School career to end. Karns 2 West 1

i agree, he is definitly not ready...none of the players are...this has been the best season karns has seen in a LONG LONG time and i think karns just wants respect for how far theyve come...they will leave it all out on the field tonight and it will be a great match