Our annual thread explaining who has to do what

davidlimbaugh

QUOTE(cbg @ May 11 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826457228[/snapback]This format is not a true test of a teams ability. If a team has one great pitcher (ala David Price) and two others that are average at best they can still get to the state by pitching the stud on Monday & Friday. Would it not be best to play the region games on Monday & Tuesday and play a best 2 of 3 series with one game on Friday and 2 games on Saturday with the winner advancing to the state?

Another year of trying to get the 'Limbaugh Plan' passed....

What is the 'Limbaugh Plan' you ask?

Well, lets look at 7-AAA vs 8-AAA for example.

On Monday, because this is an odd year, all games at Oakland: Cookeville plays Coffee Co and Lawrence Co plays Oakland, at Oakland

On Tuesday, the losers meet and the winners meet

On Wednesday, the winner meets the loser

On Thursday, The winner has to beat the undefeated winner twice - the Region champion goes to Spring Fling

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 10 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826456848[/snapback]What are the win loss records of each?

Win-Loss Records dont matter @ this point. If a team that has won one game all year plays Oakland and beats them, Oakland goes home. Not to say this is going to happen!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(magoo043 @ May 11 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826457418[/snapback]I like best of three series. with the state being the final four, double elimination.

Then you like the way Alabama does it?

http://www.ahsaasports.com/baseball/Playof...7/class6a07.asp

Notice when the playoffs start in Alabama!

My friends in Cullman are still alive, but face a tough team next:

http://www.ahsaasports.com/baseball/Playof...7/class5a07.asp

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 11 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826457337[/snapback]Another year of trying to get the 'Limbaugh Plan' passed....

What is the 'Limbaugh Plan' you ask?

Well, lets look at 7-AAA vs 8-AAA for example.

On Monday, because this is an odd year, all games at Oakland: Cookeville plays Coffee Co and Lawrence Co plays Oakland, at Oakland

On Tuesday, the losers meet and the winners meet

On Wednesday, the winner meets the loser

On Thursday, The winner has to beat the undefeated winner twice - the Region champion goes to Spring Fling

I still say a good 1/2 punch can win that type of tournament. I like the set up, I just think that 6 teams would test teams more. Play it like the NCAA does, where all 6 teams play the first round. True the set up is a little goofier, but a team would just about have to win 4 games to advance, thus testing pitching more.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 11 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826457235[/snapback]That would be tough on a pitching staff too I would think. Only one day off after a 2 game day???

Yes, you would need a pitching staff and not one or two men doing all of the pitching. The coaching staffs would have to work and developing more pitching.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 11 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826457502[/snapback]Then you like the way Alabama does it?

http://www.ahsaasports.com/baseball/Playof...7/class6a07.asp

Notice when the playoffs start in Alabama!

My friends in Cullman are still alive, but face a tough team next:

http://www.ahsaasports.com/baseball/Playof...7/class5a07.asp

Has my vote. What a great idea: best out of three series ... and games on Friday night and Saturday so no need to leave school early during the week at end of the semester to travel. Also has to be great for parents who work! Seems like a great approach once regionals begins.

QUOTE(gooddog @ May 13 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826458405[/snapback]Let me get this straight - the team that lost travels to a team that won for a Friday game - does the team that had previously lost only have to win one game - or two?

Only ONE game each day:

Monday - winner plays again on Wednesday - loser makes plans for Summer Ball

Wednesday - winner orders some more cokes and hot dogs and get his field ready for a game on Friday - loser makes travel plans to go play at someone else's place on Friday

Friday - winner is headed to Mboro - loser makes plans for Summer ball.