DB game tonight

braves4life

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ May 16 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826460139[/snapback]Best advice is to ignore "no value" comments like the above. Treat him as if he said nothing - which is absolutely the way it is.

DBGRAD70 you are right. I think that I'll let this sleeping dog lie. I don't want the fleas that might jump off. One thing is for sure the game tonight will be a good one. Come watch!

GOING WITH THE VIBES! ROLLING WITH THE TRIBE!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 16 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826460255[/snapback]Plus if you are going to refuse to believe that Farragut is better than DB, atleast since 2002,

Show me one example where I EVER said DB was better then Farragut.

I NEVER compare teams. They each stand on their own merit of the season at hand. Last year Farragut was the best in the state. And I said that on several occasions.

Does that make them better then DB this year... not just because they won last year! Toi be better this you your going to need more then a one game win to change my opinion.

Because they beat DB this does that make them better then DB this year? You seem to think so and that is what all your trash talk has been about.

That has been my only beef with you through this entire argument. You are taking your past success as a program and saying that Farragut is better then DB because of that history of winning you have.

You are claiming that the RING is more important then a history of a strong program.

Ritz is the winningest active coach in the state of Tennessee. That makes him a great coach in anybodys book. That does not make him better then Tommy Pharr, and you will never hear me say that. His win loss record is phenominal and it stand all by itself.

If I every said that Tommy Pharr was a worthless coach you would be all over me protecting him, as I was with Ritz.

So if you want me as an enemy then you have me. If you want to be a friend, I can be that too. The choice is entirely yours.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 16 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826460268[/snapback]Show me one example where I EVER said DB was better then Farragut.

I NEVER compare teams. They each stand on their own merit of the season at hand. Last year Farragut was the best in the state. And I said that on several occasions.

Does that make them better then DB this year... not just because they won last year! Toi be better this you your going to need more then a one game win to change my opinion.

Because they beat DB this does that make them better then DB this year? You seem to think so and that is what all your trash talk has been about.

That has been my only beef with you through this entire argument. You are taking your past success as a program and saying that Farragut is better then DB because of that history of winning you have.

You are claiming that the RING is more important then a history of a strong program.

Ritz is the winningest active coach in the state of Tennessee. That makes him a great coach in anybodys book. That does not make him better then Tommy Pharr, and you will never hear me say that. His win loss record is phenominal and it stand all by itself.

If I every said that Tommy Pharr was a worthless coach you would be all over me protecting him, as I was with Ritz.

So if you want me as an enemy then you have me. If you want to be a friend, I can be that too. The choice is entirely yours.

I never said that Farragut was better this year because they have won in the past.Not once. If it appeared that way it was completely unintentional. The post I made on the other DB thread about the wins and championships and stuff since 2002 was not to prove that Farragut was better than DB this year. It was to show that Farragut is definitley better since 2002. I see no other way to say one team is better than another than to see the outcome of the game they played, where they end up the season, and who they actually played to get where they finished. Farragut also plays in a much tougher district. The Big 9 is about was weak as the WAC in college football. There is 1 maybe 2 good teams, in the case of the big 9 2 good teams, but the rest are flat out garbage. Yes DB is having a great season. Is Farragut out of the tourney? Yes. Is DB still in? Yes. I just don't see how you can say DB IS better when they lost the only meeting this year between the two teams and they play in a much weaker district and region. It just doesn't make sense. To me it is like if you were to put a good team in a weak district and region they would appear amazing(that is basically the situation with DB, other than Science Hill is atleast a good team too), but when it comes down to it they don't perform, and this is over the last few years I know they haven't played substate yet this year, when they need to. i.e. SubState. Kind of like Boise State in football. Yes they play in one of the worst conferences in the nation, but when they needed to win a game, i.e. Oklahoma, they won. Everyone said they were over rated and were going to get killed. They did not get killed, in fact, they should have beat Oklahoma a whole lot worse than by 1 in overtime., but DB is basically the exact opposite, other than the weak league. They have all the hype then just don't live up to it. That is all there is to it. I know it is hard to say they haven't lived up to the hype this year because the substate game hasn't come up yet. If DB goes to state will I think they are better than Farragut? Possiblly, but depending on how they were to do at state will really let me know how good they are. DB is a good team dont get me wrong. Farragut had probably a better team than most people were expecting out of them this year. Was everyone expecting them to alteast get out of the district tournament? Of course. Just because they got upset by a team who was already on an emotional high after actually winning a game in the district does not mean that Farragut had a bad team this year. Upsets happen. What actually proves you are better than the team you upset is what you do after the upset. Like last year, I am sure most people..except me, thought that Farragut was probably going to lose the DB game last year. Would I count the game as an upset? Yes. DB had a good team last year and Farragut had to play at their place, but what proved that Farragut was probably the better team is what they did afterwards, which was win state. So lets see how DB finishes up the year then we can talk about who is better, but for now, I know I am picking them because I know 97% of the players and I go there, but I would have to stick with Farragut being the better team simply because they won the game against DB this year and the big 9 is not very tough except for Science Hill. Heck even the region isn't tough except for Science Hill.

"It's usually a close game when we play,'' said Science Hill coach Bill McKinney. "We have each won a blowout, but I expect this one to be close.''

"They played us pretty good last time,'' said D-B senior Bo Burton, who pitched and hit the Indians to a 5-1 victory at Morristown West on Monday that keeps the season alive. "I think we might have come into that game overconfident. But we're definitely back to a level playing field now and ready to go.''

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 16 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826460284[/snapback]I just don't see how you can say DB IS better when they lost the only meeting this year between the two teams and they play in a much weaker district and region.

I have never said DB was better the Farragut. NEVER. I challenge you to find a spot where I say any team is better then another. They don't exist. I will not even tell you that DB has one pitcher that is better then another pitcher on the team this season. I don't even make comparision of that nature. Better is a relative term. Now can one pitcher on DB throw a faster fastball then another yes... Bo Burton reaches speeds in mid 90's on the gun... at both his 20th pitch of the game and again he is still hitting the gun consistantly in the mid 90's at the 100 pitch count. Bo Burton cannot even be compared to Tyler Joyce's slider. Curve ball. No one on the DB team can compare to Hammonds Curve ball. Those are facts pure and simple. But to say Burton is the best pitcher for DB because he has the fastest fastball... or Henderson the best pitcher because he is left handed, or Joyce is because of that wicked slider... that is opinion only and I don't play that game.

You will not every find a thread on this board where I place one pitcher above the other. You will likewise not find a thread on this board where I say one team is better then another overall..better in one particular game...certainly the score is all the proof you need to make that statement.

You can find places where I may have said that DB was ranked 8th in the nation preseason. I rarely brag however so I doubt even that you can find that. That is a fact however and can be easily proven. I can also say with confedence that DB came out of the regular season ranked 2nd in the State behind Oakland. That too is a fact.

If on a rare occasion I decide to give my opinnion I will state just that. In my opinion "yada yada yada". I will do not go to war over my opinion. I will point out the mistake if someone tells me that DB wears red uniforms. Then if they insist that they are right and I am wrong on the uniform color I will call them a narrowminded pinhead. I will also go to war when someone is trashing my children, or my team with their opinions when those opinions have no factual basis and I can prove them wrong with the facts.

Those who are logical know and have seen through all my comments that I only deal in cold hard facts. I have picked 6 of the 8 teams I suspect will be heading to murfreesboro next week based on this seasons records, I could be wrong in my picks. But using the same records I picked 16 who I thought would make it to the sweet 16. I missed one pick....Mt. Juliet and Rossville. Based on statistics Rossview should have won that game. If you followed any of my comments you would also know that I've said statistic are simply a place to start, they do not factor in the heart of the team on the field.

Using that logic the statistics from this year say, even though Farragut beat DB in the one game they played this year, that DB is the better team "THIS YEAR".

I think you are the only one on this board that will dissagree with me on that statement. So that puts me in a big delima. Who do I go with...the majority's opinion or your opinion?

If I use your logic applied to another game this year I would have to state that Chattanooga Central is also better the DB this year because CC beat DB in in the Ooltewah tournament. But the statistics say differently. Chattanooga Central has a 2-12 record this season. Do you really think that with your logic of "the best team is the one who beat you" you can prove or sway anyone to agree that CC is the better then DB THIS SEASON?

And if you fail to see the logic in this then don't bother trying to communicate with me again.

I deal only with logical thought patterns and you are showing us all that you're dogged stubborness, flys in the face of logic when you claim that Farragut is better this year because they beat us that one game, and because they play in a tougher conference. DB plays tough games outside their conference for this very reason. We cannot change our conference. To my knowledge no one every said Farragut had a weak conference. You on the other hand say often and loudly that we have a weak conference and that because of that Farragut is the better team.

I say hogwash. And many people on this board will say hogwash with me.

To my knowledge no one has said that DB's conference is better then Farraguts conference overall. If they have I will say to them that I think they are wrong in that opinion/assessment.

Now your "1 or 2 good teams in our conference" statement is a nothing more then a below the belt punch. 1 good team??? I think you have either offended Science Hill with that comment or Dobyns-Bennett. I also think it was intentional. And you are tryin to show a softer side so that you can gain some credibility with other on this board. That however is not a fact and nowhere did you say that in you opinion you felt there was only 1 maybe 2 good teams in our conference. What I am finding is that your opinions are not real valuable to me, because they appear to be based on your feelings and not on any facts.

If consistantly said that "DB is the best because I said they were the best"???? And said those things over and over and over and over, then people would think that I was just being obnoxious and I would lose a lot of respect with statements like that.

If I say "DB has a great baseball team this year".... whom have I offended? They do indeed have a great ball team this year and that is slowly being proven with the facts.

If I say Ritz is the winningest highschool coach in Tennessee... who can be offended? That too is a simple fact that can be verified.

Now If I say Ritz is better then Tommy Pharr, then I have offended every one in Farragut and half the people in Knoxville.

You have been offending people in Kingsport with your many comments that fall in that category.

I kept quiet for a long time and simply thought to my self that you were a narrow-minded, pinheaded jerk until about 2 weeks ago when I finally got sick and tired of your constant barrage of trashy comments on the DB thread.

I don't give a flying rats hindquarters who started it. You were the one out of place because you were on our thread trashing our team and our coaches. You and braves4life are the only ones I have seen on this board coming to our thread to talk that kind of trash.

If it had been the South Doyle people then my beef would have been with South Doyle.

I proved that you have a history of flipping people off and basically being a jerk, both on this board and in real life as well.

Now anytime you want to talk stats about DB you will find that I have some impressive ones available. I keep not only hitting and pitching stats but I also have fielding stats that include range frequency. Rare will you find my kind of stats in the hands of a parent. I am not even sure that coaches keep fielding stats.

For instance the last 10 or 15 games I have called the errors our team would make and who would make them before they happen... you see I know by my records the fielding average for each position and I know that with a fielding average of .750 and a range frequency of 3.28 per game that that fielder will make an error on one ball in 4... so if you have been a full game with no errors then the next game you can pretty much mark an error for that player.. and that has show true in the last 10 games.

That is one example of how statistics can be of value. The other one is a fellow that has a batting average of .475 and he is 0 for 2 in the game... odds are now tilted in his favor that his next at bat will be a hit! You can just about take those odds to the bank and every coach knows it!

Now I think I will wash a load of clothes and get ready for the game tonight in Johnson City.

I will step up right now and make this prediction for tonight. Half the people in the stands tonight at every game in Tennessee will be surprised at the outcome of the game...care to challenge me on that prediction?

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 16 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826460370[/snapback]I have never said DB was better the Farragut. NEVER. I challenge you to find a spot where I say any team is better then another. They don't exist. I will not even tell you that DB has one pitcher that is better then another pitcher on the team this season. I don't even make comparision of that nature. Better is a relative term. Now can one pitcher on DB throw a faster fastball then another yes... Bo Burton reaches speeds in mid 90's on the gun... at both his 20th pitch of the game and again he is still hitting the gun consistantly in the mid 90's at the 100 pitch count. Bo Burton cannot even be compared to Tyler Joyce's slider. Curve ball. No one on the DB team can compare to Hammonds Curve ball. Those are facts pure and simple. But to say Burton is the best pitcher for DB because he has the fastest fastball... or Henderson the best pitcher because he is left handed, or Joyce is because of that wicked slider... that is opinion only and I don't play that game.

You will not every find a thread on this board where I place one pitcher above the other. You will likewise not find a thread on this board where I say one team is better then another overall..better in one particular game...certainly the score is all the proof you need to make that statement.

You can find places where I may have said that DB was ranked 8th in the nation preseason. I rarely brag however so I doubt even that you can find that. That is a fact however and can be easily proven. I can also say with confedence that DB came out of the regular season ranked 2nd in the State behind Oakland. That too is a fact.

If on a rare occasion I decide to give my opinnion I will state just that. In my opinion "yada yada yada". I will do not go to war over my opinion. I will point out the mistake if someone tells me that DB wears red uniforms. Then if they insist that they are right and I am wrong on the uniform color I will call them a narrowminded pinhead. I will also go to war when someone is trashing my children, or my team with their opinions when those opinions have no factual basis and I can prove them wrong with the facts.

Those who are logical know and have seen through all my comments that I only deal in cold hard facts. I have picked 6 of the 8 teams I suspect will be heading to murfreesboro next week based on this seasons records, I could be wrong in my picks. But using the same records I picked 16 who I thought would make it to the sweet 16. I missed one pick....Mt. Juliet and Rossville. Based on statistics Rossview should have won that game. If you followed any of my comments you would also know that I've said statistic are simply a place to start, they do not factor in the heart of the team on the field.

Using that logic the statistics from this year say, even though Farragut beat DB in the one game they played this year, that DB is the better team "THIS YEAR".

I think you are the only one on this board that will dissagree with me on that statement. So that puts me in a big delima. Who do I go with...the majority's opinion or your opinion?

If I use your logic applied to another game this year I would have to state that Chattanooga Central is also better the DB this year because CC beat DB in in the Ooltewah tournament. But the statistics say differently. Chattanooga Central has a 2-12 record this season. Do you really think that with your logic of "the best team is the one who beat you" you can prove or sway anyone to agree that CC is the better then DB THIS SEASON?

And if you fail to see the logic in this then don't bother trying to communicate with me again.

I deal only with logical thought patterns and you are showing us all that you're dogged stubborness, flys in the face of logic when you claim that Farragut is better this year because they beat us that one game, and because they play in a tougher conference. DB plays tough games outside their conference for this very reason. We cannot change our conference. To my knowledge no one every said Farragut had a weak conference. You on the other hand say often and loudly that we have a weak conference and that because of that Farragut is the better team.

I say hogwash. And many people on this board will say hogwash with me.

To my knowledge no one has said that DB's conference is better then Farraguts conference overall. If they have I will say to them that I think they are wrong in that opinion/assessment.

Now your "1 or 2 good teams in our conference" statement is a nothing more then a below the belt punch. 1 good team??? I think you have either offended Science Hill with that comment or Dobyns-Bennett. I also think it was intentional. And you are tryin to show a softer side so that you can gain some credibility with other on this board. That however is not a fact and nowhere did you say that in you opinion you felt there was only 1 maybe 2 good teams in our conference. What I am finding is that your opinions are not real valuable to me, because they appear to be based on your feelings and not on any facts.

If consistantly said that "DB is the best because I said they were the best"???? And said those things over and over and over and over, then people would think that I was just being obnoxious and I would lose a lot of respect with statements like that.

If I say "DB has a great baseball team this year".... whom have I offended? They do indeed have a great ball team this year and that is slowly being proven with the facts.

If I say Ritz is the winningest highschool coach in Tennessee... who can be offended? That too is a simple fact that can be verified.

Now If I say Ritz is better then Tommy Pharr, then I have offended every one in Farragut and half the people in Knoxville.

You have been offending people in Kingsport with your many comments that fall in that category.

I kept quiet for a long time and simply thought to my self that you were a narrow-minded, pinheaded jerk until about 2 weeks ago when I finally got sick and tired of your constant barrage of trashy comments on the DB thread.

I don't give a flying rats hindquarters who started it. You were the one out of place because you were on our thread trashing our team and our coaches. You and braves4life are the only ones I have seen on this board coming to our thread to talk that kind of trash.

If it had been the South Doyle people then my beef would have been with South Doyle.

I proved that you have a history of flipping people off and basically being a jerk, both on this board and in real life as well.

Now anytime you want to talk stats about DB you will find that I have some impressive ones available. I keep not only hitting and pitching stats but I also have fielding stats that include range frequency. Rare will you find my kind of stats in the hands of a parent. I am not even sure that coaches keep fielding stats.

For instance the last 10 or 15 games I have called the errors our team would make and who would make them before they happen... you see I know by my records the fielding average for each position and I know that with a fielding average of .750 and a range frequency of 3.28 per game that that fielder will make an error on one ball in 4... so if you have been a full game with no errors then the next game you can pretty much mark an error for that player.. and that has show true in the last 10 games.

That is one example of how statistics can be of value. The other one is a fellow that has a batting average of .475 and he is 0 for 2 in the game... odds are now tilted in his favor that his next at bat will be a hit! You can just about take those odds to the bank and every coach knows it!

Now I think I will wash a load of clothes and get ready for the game tonight in Johnson City.

I will step up right now and make this prediction for tonight. Half the people in the stands tonight at every game in Tennessee will be surprised at the outcome of the game...care to challenge me on that prediction?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 16 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826460284[/snapback]but when it comes down to it they don't perform, and this is over the last few years I know they haven't played substate yet this year

Just like past years championship wins could not get Farragut back to murfreesboro this year neither does past years losses prevent DB from going to murfreesboro.

Your logic is not good nofriendzz.

You need to understand the basic meaning of Rhetoric in order to engage in meaningful conversation.

Plato: Rhetoric is "the art of winning the soul by discourse."

Quintillian: "Rhetoric is the art of speaking well."

Cicero: "Rhetoric is one great art comprised of five lesser arts: inventio, dispositio,

elocutio, memoria, and pronunciatio."

Cicero: Rhetoric is "speech designed to persuade."

If you want to persuade us to belive that what your saying about Farragut being better then DB this year is true then you need to use better logic and get some supporting facts.

You beat us one game... well, so did Chattanooga Central.

Applying your logic of determining the better team one would also assume that CC is better then DB this year as well.

CC has a record this year of 2-12

Your logic flys in the face of all reasoning.

You even come back with the supporting argument that Farragut plays in a tougher conference, so when one combines The lone win over DB with the tougher conference, that clearly makes Farragut better then DB this year.

Yeah it is all becoming clear to me now. I am so glad you pointed it out!

How bout DBMom, plowboy, and everyone else involved please just shut the he|| up?

This is the 2nd thread yall have hijacked arguing over the dumbest stuff, and I'm sick of scrollin through it all in hopes of actually reading things pertaining to baseball.

DBMom, no one is going to take the time to read your novels so please just quit.

Can we please talk baseball.

QUOTE(-Catfish- @ May 16 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826460389[/snapback]How bout DBMom, plowboy, and everyone else involved please just shut the he|| up?

This is the 2nd thread yall have hijacked arguing over the dumbest stuff, and I'm sick of scrollin through it all in hopes of actually reading things pertaining to baseball.

DBMom, no one is going to take the time to read your novels so please just quit.

Can we please talk baseball.

The person I am conversing with is reading them as I am reading his.

If the thread annoys you then I suggest you stop scrolling through it.

Your language alone is a clear indicator that you have no communicating skills.

I see your logic in all this as well....When the English language fails you, just toss a curse word in so you can at least have something to say!

Here's your shiny quarter too. Now run along like a good little boy.

QUOTE(etcoach @ May 16 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826460128[/snapback]Hey 1moreDBMom.....865-803-3068 is our number. PLease call tonight during your game with S Hill with Score updates. We will give you updates on Blount and S Doyle. Thanks

etcoach,

If you go to www.TriCitiesSports.com in the right hand corner is a simulcast link to the local radio station. The game is carried live. I have family all over the State and in other states as well that listen to the game through that internet link. You can come and go at your convienence or listen to the game in it's entirety in the background as you update your scores thread.

Well I'll say this South Doyle will be the team to beat this year and William Blount isn't any one to take lightly they demolished a Halls team that wasn't that bad.

It will be interesting to see which two will progress from DB, SH, SD and WB.

Don't know to much about the kingsport area and how tough the districts are up there. So we should see some great baseball played this next week based on the records going in.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 16 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826460401[/snapback]How is DB better? ...

Therefore you have to think DB is either equal to or better than Farragut. It is as simple as that. When did pitchers come into the argument?

I have never said DB is better then Farragut even in this season!

You on the other hand are claimning that because Farragut won a game this year against DB that Farragut is the better team.

I merely pointed out the flaw in your logic.

I NEVER NEVER say one team is better then another and you will not be able to produce a comment to show I have.

I NEVER NEVER say any person, or any team is better then another.

I will say that it is hard to predict a winner in some games while others it is easy to predict using season statistics. Predicting who will win a game based on the season statistics is a far cry from declaring one team to be better then another overall.