twinkletoes14

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK 3

Alcoa 0

This was a very scrappy game with not much possesion either. To tell you the truth, CAK looked very beatable. Alcoa had a few shots none of any consequence. None of CAK's goals were brillant, but they were scraps that left the player with a wide open goal. CAK did not show me much in this game. They did utilize the flanks much better than Alcoa and other than a few good saves by Blaze Alcoa showed very little. Their offense had no continuity, but they had a few individuals that showed grit.

QUOTE(YouWishYouWereARebel @ May 15 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826459821[/snapback]CAK 3

Alcoa 0

This was a very scrappy game with not much possesion either. To tell you the truth, CAK looked very beatable. Alcoa had a few shots none of any consequence. None of CAK's goals were brillant, but they were scraps that left the player with a wide over goal. CAK did not show me much in this game. They did utilize the flanks much better than Alcoa and other than a few good saves by Blaze Alcoa showed very little. Their offense had no continuity, but they had a few individuals that showed grit.

Interesting comments.

I do agree that Blaze played an amazing game again this year. My hats off to Alcoa... Coach Gorman and Fowler have done such a fantastic job there at Alcoa.

One final comment after reading the News Sentinel... there was a misquote in the paper. I was talking about Coach Gorman playing a very difficult schedule in the regular season against great teams, so I knew that they would NOT be intimidated by us. Paper said the opposite. Alcoa was not intimidated at all, and really brought it to us especially in the first 10 minutes.

QUOTE(BigG @ May 16 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826460304[/snapback]One final comment after reading the News Sentinel... there was a misquote in the paper. I was talking about Coach Gorman playing a very difficult schedule in the regular season against great teams, so I knew that they would NOT be intimidated by us. Paper said the opposite. Alcoa was not intimidated at all, and really brought it to us especially in the first 10 minutes.

Dang, and I had just finished cutting that out to keep for motivation next year. Just playing, G, I knew what you meant. Congrats on the win, you all certainly deserved it with how well you all played, especially defensively, you kept us out of sync all night and we could never build much in the attacking 3rd. Good luck on thursday and through out. here's to #5!!!!!!

QUOTE(BigG @ May 16 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826460304[/snapback]One final comment after reading the News Sentinel... there was a misquote in the paper. I was talking about Coach Gorman playing a very difficult schedule in the regular season against great teams, so I knew that they would NOT be intimidated by us. Paper said the opposite. Alcoa was not intimidated at all, and really brought it to us especially in the first 10 minutes.

I am from Chattanooga and a Baylor fan. I have always read with alot of interest BigG's comments. Seems like a great coach and probably alot of fun to play for. Hopefully anyone that read that article will know it was a misprint...hopefully the Knoxville paper will reprint it correctly.

QUOTE(jon26 @ May 16 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826460357[/snapback]I am from Chattanooga and a Baylor fan. I have always read with alot of interest BigG's comments. Seems like a great coach and probably alot of fun to play for. Hopefully anyone that read that article will know it was a misprint...hopefully the Knoxville paper will reprint it correctly.

Misprints and misquotes happen quite frequently. Sometimes, I think the guys writing for the paper do it purpose to see what kind of drama they could stir up. But knowing the history with BigG/Akula, I am confident that neither one of these coaches would ever say anything negative about the other.

QUOTE(BigG @ May 16 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826460304[/snapback]One final comment after reading the News Sentinel... there was a misquote in the paper. I was talking about Coach Gorman playing a very difficult schedule in the regular season against great teams, so I knew that they would NOT be intimidated by us. Paper said the opposite. Alcoa was not intimidated at all, and really brought it to us especially in the first 10 minutes.

Yeah, i agree with what everyone else is saying in that what you were quoted as saying was clearly not what you meant to say. HOWEVER, I get a little bit of a chuckle when i read it because it made me think, what if Coach G were one of those coaches that showed no mercy and he really did mean "I knew they'd be intimidated by us". I know youre not like that, but for a brief moment in time it looked like you coach high school soccer the same way I coach the kindergarten soccer campers.

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ May 16 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826460491[/snapback]I coach the kindergarten soccer campers.

Remind me again how that went for you this summer? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And don't be thinking of getting some ringers when we head to Brazil this summer... I'm checking your bags! Kindergarten three peat here we come! (and don't start that junk about the director's wife changing the teams!) It is destiny when Little "G" takes the field. No one can pick clovers in front of the goal like my boy! If you were smart, you would actually get him on your team this year!

But knowing the history with BigG/Akula, I am confident that neither one of these coaches would ever say anything negative about the other.

That is what made this game bitter/sweet... I hold both coaches on such high esteem. They are good friends of mine. Top notch class act the whole way through.

QUOTE(YouWishYouWereARebel @ May 15 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826459821[/snapback]CAK 3

Alcoa 0

This was a very scrappy game with not much possesion either. To tell you the truth, CAK looked very beatable. Alcoa had a few shots none of any consequence. None of CAK's goals were brillant, but they were scraps that left the player with a wide open goal. CAK did not show me much in this game. They did utilize the flanks much better than Alcoa and other than a few good saves by Blaze Alcoa showed very little. Their offense had no continuity, but they had a few individuals that showed grit.

Wow I thought CAK played with alot of possesion and Tarr's goal was not a scrap it was nice moves and a finish. I agree that Blaze had some amazing saves and played with alot of heart and was willing ot put it on the line