Gibbs vs. Stone Memorial

sballfan1225

Good job Lady Panthers!! The bats finally showed a little glimmer of what they were earlier in the year. Defense was solid, and Lauren was sharp as usual. I'm really glad that the base running debacle didn't end up costing us at the end. I can't remember ever seeing a team get doubled up on 1st and 2nd without the batter putting the ball in play. The jobs not over you still have to focus on friday to reach your goal.

Hats off to Gibbs, they played hard and made it close at the end scoring 2 in the top of the 7th and getting the tying run to the plate. Good luck on friday, hopefully we'll see you again in the 'Boro'!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for these 2 teams to meet again next week. Gibbs is a great team that gave us all we wanted. Great game as usual from Lauren Brown. Bats came to life tonight as we made good contact thru the game. Glad we don't have to travel!!! Good luck Gibbs /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(riseball @ May 16 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826460618[/snapback]Pigeon Forge vs Stone on Friday, If Stone can beat Gibbs what chance does Pigeon Forge have??? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I can assure you that every girl on the Stone team takes every opponent seriously. They have done an excellent job of it all year and with the exception of a few mental lapses they have stayed focused. I'm sure Pigeon Forge has the respect of every Lady Panther and they will be taking them seriously come friday. Stone overlooked a team from that region (Unicoi) earlier in the year while they were concentrating on Riverdale and Mt. Juliet in a tourney. I don't think they will make that same mistake again. Any team left can lay a loss on you if you don't bring your A game this time of the year!!!

QUOTE(The Final Chapter @ May 15 2007 - 11:29 PM) 826459945[/snapback]I have watched them both up close....taking nothing away from Stone because they are a very good team....but Gibbs is truly the better team. Stone's pitching is very good...but so is Gibbs. Gibbs definately has the advantage in defense and especially offense. Against Seymour, Stone tallied 4 hits, 4 runs (all unearned) and 10 K's in 6 innings of work. Even in the 9 inning District 3 Winners Bracket Championship game, Gibbs had 10 hits (scattered), 1 earned run, and only 5 K's. (We will not mention the other Seymour vs Gibbs games) Seymours pitcher is very good, she had 320 K's this year and over 1,000 in her career....but Gibbs hits good pitching well (at least better than Stone)....and from here on...you will only see good pitching!

I definately do not see a blow out....Brown will keep Stone close....but Gibbs wins 8 out of 10 games. Gibbs was a good team last year....placing 4th in State.....but this year they are realistically a contender for another championship.

Regardless....I think Stone beats Unicoi in a close game to follow Gibbs to state! I say 2 Region 2 teams in the top 5!

Good luck to all Region 2 teams....make E. Tennessee proud....because AAA belongs to Nashville and Chattanooga!

Shows what I know....Congratulations to Stone....great win and great team....I expect you will represent the region well at state. I hope gibbs doesn't overlook Unicoi....they are tough.....and I hear Unicoi is especially tough to beat at home.