Cascade vs. Nashville Christian

FridayMainEvent

I'm afraid some pressure from an unexpected situation may of played a small role in this game. Cascade has there graduation scheduled for 6:30 Friday and the seniors are now faced with a choice between playing the sectional game or walking down the isle with their classmates to graduate. I heard that one of the players is the valedictorian but I'm not sure about that. If they had won yesterday, they could of scheduled the Home game Friday early and still made graduation. I'm not sure what will happen now. I think all plan to play and skip graduation. The school should of taken this into consideration when graduation was scheduled so these kids wouldn't of been put in that situation. If our girls had won one more game, they would of been in the same situation. The guys knew the scenerio and probably unknowingly put added pressure on themselves. Especially the senior pitcher on the mound. I'm not saying any of this factored into the outcome, but you have to wonder.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 17 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826461053[/snapback]I'm afraid some pressure from an unexpected situation may of played a small role in this game. Cascade has there graduation scheduled for 6:30 Friday and the seniors are now faced with a choice between playing the sectional game or walking down the isle with their classmates to graduate. I heard that one of the players is the valedictorian but I'm not sure about that. If they had won yesterday, they could of scheduled the Home game Friday early and still made graduation. I'm not sure what will happen now. I think all plan to play and skip graduation. The school should of taken this into consideration when graduation was scheduled so these kids wouldn't of been put in that situation. If our girls had won one more game, they would of been in the same situation. The guys knew the scenerio and probably unknowingly put added pressure on themselves. Especially the senior pitcher on the mound. I'm not saying any of this factored into the outcome, but you have to wonder.

That is a great point.

The boys will get to do both, the game is at Summertown at 100 PM

QUOTE(back@home @ May 17 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826461120[/snapback]That is a great point.

The boys will get to do both, the game is at Summertown at 100 PM

That's good to hear, but it is unfortunate that many parents and fans will have to miss the game because of the time it had to be played. More thought should of been put into scheduling graduation on the same night as the sectional tournament. It wasn't like we didn't know we were going to have a solid team two months ago and this was a possibility. Do you know of any reason why they don't have their graduation on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon? That would of made a whole lot more sense. Hopefully we will learn from this and put a little more thought into our scheduling next year.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 17 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826461053[/snapback]I'm afraid some pressure from an unexpected situation may of played a small role in this game. Cascade has there graduation scheduled for 6:30 Friday and the seniors are now faced with a choice between playing the sectional game or walking down the isle with their classmates to graduate. I heard that one of the players is the valedictorian but I'm not sure about that. If they had won yesterday, they could of scheduled the Home game Friday early and still made graduation. I'm not sure what will happen now. I think all plan to play and skip graduation. The school should of taken this into consideration when graduation was scheduled so these kids wouldn't of been put in that situation. If our girls had won one more game, they would of been in the same situation. The guys knew the scenerio and probably unknowingly put added pressure on themselves. Especially the senior pitcher on the mound. I'm not saying any of this factored into the outcome, but you have to wonder.

Many teams are faced with this situation every year around this time. I am sure the athletes would rather be out on the field still playing than worrying about walking down the aisle. I know my senior class wanted to be in Memphis playing on our graduation date, if you have to miss graduation more than likely your team is doing something special. And Cascade seems to be having a special season, so I hope the boys focus on the game and get to make it to the buro.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 17 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826461165[/snapback]That's good to hear, but it is unfortunate that many parents and fans will have to miss the game because of the time it had to be played. More thought should of been put into scheduling graduation on the same night as the sectional tournament. It wasn't like we didn't know we were going to have a solid team two months ago and this was a possibility. Do you know of any reason why they don't have their graduation on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon? That would of made a whole lot more sense. Hopefully we will learn from this and put a little more thought into our scheduling next year.

Glad to hear of time change, but Summertown will have their whole school behind them, talk about home school advantage! You know how those in school match ups go. It will be a great game sorry I have to miss it, wanted to see these two great teams play, sound defense on both sides but I have to give batting to S-town even if Mo-Mo is on those boys can find a spot to put it in.(my son has played them a few times and only pulled out a victory on their off-off days) Good luck to you all.

You know graduations are a hard thing to play around because what if you had the rain out scenerio that came into play durning district tournys around the state? Got to be hard on those seniors, not to mention the parents, extended family, and friends comming in from out of state, this way they'll be able to enjoy both! Again good luck!