Franklin vs Mt. Juliet

franktownsoccer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my count, Mt. Juliet had 10 errors. I haven't seen them make 10 errors all season. It wasn't the bats by Franklin, it was the defense, or lack thereof by MJ. The coaches can only do so much, the players have to make the plays they have made since little league. It was one of those nights. The most telling stat is that Taylor Hill left with Franklin leading 8-3 but Taylor gave up only one earned run. Great year, bad finish.

QUOTE(flngrvy @ May 19 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826462675[/snapback]By my count, Mt. Juliet had 10 errors. I haven't seen them make 10 errors all season. It wasn't the bats by Franklin, it was the defense, or lack thereof by MJ. The coaches can only do so much, the players have to make the plays they have made since little league. It was one of those nights. The most telling stat is that Taylor Hill left with Franklin leading 8-3 but Taylor gave up only one earned run. Great year, bad finish.

MJ had a great yr...should be very proud of their yr

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 19 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826462678[/snapback]MJ had a great yr...should be very proud of their yr

T Hill did a good job lastnight. I have seen him better. Defense definitely did not help him but Joseph, Dykes and Dobbins all hit really good pitches last night their hits happen to come at the right time. Right behind a few walks & those nasty errors. Hill has made a good choice in colleges and will prosper greatly under the watchful eye of Derek Johnson (Vandy)

QUOTE(BBC @ May 19 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826462730[/snapback]T Hill did a good job lastnight. I have seen him better. Defense definitely did not help him but Joseph, Dykes and Dobbins all hit really good pitches last night their hits happen to come at the right time. Right behind a few walks & those nasty errors. Hill has made a good choice in colleges and will prosper greatly under the watchful eye of Derek Johnson (Vandy)

Fine season, MJ. Hill's a top notch kid from a great family. Wish them all the best.

QUOTE(BBC @ May 19 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826462730[/snapback]T Hill did a good job lastnight. I have seen him better. Defense definitely did not help him but Joseph, Dykes and Dobbins all hit really good pitches last night their hits happen to come at the right time. Right behind a few walks & those nasty errors. Hill has made a good choice in colleges and will prosper greatly under the watchful eye of Derek Johnson (Vandy)

matt young also had a good bunt that turned into a tripple for him and i think brought in 1 or 2 runs

If you look at all the posts before the game, I am the only one who said franklin would prevail. and if you look at all the posts after the game, you guys are giving NO credit to franklin. Franklin played solid ball and losing by nine runs, no matter how many errors, is bad. and an error cant screw up a home run, whish im pretty sure corbon joseph hit one lastn ight off hill. So mount Juliet Didnt play there best game, But Franklin Deserves WAY more credit then you guys are giving them. they worked there butts off all year and Its sad you cant give them credit for their win but instead you are focusing on Mt. Juliets Loss.

QUOTE(Jimmyjones9999 @ May 19 2007 - 02:07 PM) 826462867[/snapback]You never said you expected Franklin to win in any of your posts.Its easy to say stuff like that after the game is over.

Aright, i go to franklin, and i pitched against mount juliet last night. I threw the first 5 innings, and it was by far the worst start ive had all year. I had 5 walks, and i dont think ive had 5 walks combined all year. So if ur saying mount juliets 10 errors or what not was the deciding factor, take away my 5 walks and mount juliet has 0 runs. All 3 of there runners that scored got on base because of my walks. Why dont u give us a little credit, this is the 3rd year in a row weve gone to state, and instead of dogging us, it would make yall look better if we won the whole thing so yall could say that you got beat by the best team.