Farragut Baseball

DaCoach

QUOTE(Hammer Head @ Jun 15 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826475437[/snapback]The end result is they didn't attend TN for various reasons. His job as a coach and recruiter is to get them to come there to further their education and play baseball. I do not know every reason, but I am very aware of a few of them. I believe each Division I school is alloted the same number of scholarships, so everyone has that to work from. This is not meant to criticize, just posting some facts on a message board.

OK- I've tried to ignore this, but I can't... I doubt that Mike Hamilton is telling his coaches that they have to get all the local talent to come to Tennessee. He wants talent- period! 3 juniors from UT were drafted in the top 40 spots this year! I'd say that's a pretty talented set of recruits!

As for your list...none of those players went to Vandy either. So Tim Corbin must have done a poor job of recruiting? No! The needs of the players and their families didn't match up with the needs of the universities! They obviously were able to find schools they liked and situations they liked (some after more than one attempt at a school by the way) at universities that needed the talent they could provide. Perhaps they even got some scholarship compensation! None of that says that UT did a poor job by not getting those players!

Oh- since the original topic was Farragut baseball....I understand that they didn't really lose many seniors this year and have a good stock of talent coming back! Many of the returning players played in last year's state championship and will bring that talent and experience back for junior and senior years that show a great deal of promise!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK- I've tried to ignore this, but I can't... I doubt that Mike Hamilton is telling his coaches that they have to get all the local talent to come to Tennessee. He wants talent- period! 3 juniors from UT were drafted in the top 40 spots this year! I'd say that's a pretty talented set of recruits!

As for your list...none of those players went to Vandy either. So Tim Corbin must have done a poor job of recruiting? No! The needs of the players and their families didn't match up with the needs of the universities! They obviously were able to find schools they liked and situations they liked (some after more than one attempt at a school by the way) at universities that needed the talent they could provide. Perhaps they even got some scholarship compensation! None of that says that UT did a poor job by not getting those players!

Oh- since the original topic was Farragut baseball....I understand that they didn't really lose many seniors this year and have a good stock of talent coming back! Many of the returning players played in last year's state championship and will bring that talent and experience back for junior and senior years that show a great deal of promise!

If he had three juniors that were drafted in the top 40 spots, sounds like they had talent. Wonder why they cannot make the NCAA tournmanet the last two years? I believe that Mike Hamilton wants a successful team that is in the running for the SEC championship every year. I know it is not possible to win the SEC for anyone every year, but be more competitive than TN has been. This will attract hometown talent as well as talent from all over the country. For Example, look how TN basketball recruiting has changed. Players that are being recruited by Duke, NC, are also considering TN. No knock on Coach D., just the facts. A famous quality management person once said, "Change is the only constant."