CBHS

PinballWizard

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did beat some very quality teams down there.

They beat Northwestern(25-4-0) who finished 2nd in state.(Lost to a team Farragut beat)

They tied Lexington(20-6-1)

They also beat Pinewood Prep(24-6-0) who won state in the SCISA.. I guess that is the private school division in SC.

They beat Farragut in the semis in PKs.

They lost to Riverside(23-2-2) in the finals.

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 18 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826462352[/snapback]Does anyone know why Christian Brothers didnt submit their Palmetto Cup wins to Eurpsport or any other source? They would by far be ranked number 1 on the Redmond 11 and D2 rankings.

I don't know much about Eurpsport but I do know that Coach T is more of a middle/east tn kinda thing. I'm one of very few from the west that I know of on here. Not to mention I don't believe CBHS cares what they are ranked.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 19 2007 - 12:07 AM) 826462575[/snapback]I don't know much about Eurpsport but I do know that Coach T is more of a middle/east tn kinda thing. I'm one of very few from the west that I know of on here. Not to mention I don't believe CBHS cares what they are ranked.

I agree with you on this subject.

Plus the smart teams do not want that target painted on thier backs.

No, other people did. They were ranked number one nationally at one point, I believe. And personally, I think it was well deserved. They beat Bearden 4-0, Farragut 3-0, and Catholic 4-1. Still, they didn't seem to be playing as well by the state tournament, although Division II is VERY difficult. They had to go to PKs just to make it out of the first round, and ultimately served their first loss in the championship to BGA on penalties.

This gets debated every year, but Division 2 really isn't that strong. It is extremely top-heavy. There aren't too many good Division 2 teams not in the state tournament. The top 4-5 Division 2 teams are comparable to the top 4-5 Division 1 teams. AFter that, it drops off fast in Division 2.

QUOTE(bruinsoccer @ May 20 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826463589[/snapback]This gets debated every year, but Division 2 really isn't that strong. It is extremely top-heavy. There aren't too many good Division 2 teams not in the state tournament. The top 4-5 Division 2 teams are comparable to the top 4-5 Division 1 teams. AFter that, it drops off fast in Division 2.

I agree that the top 4-5 DII are comparable to the top 4-5 DI teams. But to say it isn't that strong? there are probably about 1/10 as many teams in DII as DI and our top 4 or 5 can hang with your top 4 or 5? That speaks volumes for how strong it is for being so much smaller.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 20 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826463377[/snapback]I still don't understand the lesson they needed to learn. They are among the most successful high school soccer teams in the state. They can't win it every year and last year they just fell short.

CBHS hasn't won a state title since 2003. I do think they will take this one. Too much depth.